GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it was a suicide. I don't think she would do that right before her mother visited.

If you don't mind me asking, what holes have you found in the CL theory? I have not come up with any holes there...

I was just meaning that no theory adds up 100% to me. I agree that the description of the people at the cars (Erin's car and red car?? On Valley Vista) sound more like JC and what could very well be NL (so basically his description, IMO, doesn't narrow down who he could've seen). If JC knew about the affair, then JC and CL both have motive, IMO. And even though it's been reported JC called around looking for Erin that evening, it still doesn't bode well that he waited until the next day to call LE. Nothing says for sure that she didn't just walk away or fall in a mine (though I doubt either of those are the case here, there's a lot more pointing to CL, NL, or JC being guilty parties). We have very few facts about this case, therefore no theory is 100% in my mind.

She found out she was pregnant on June 15, Father's Day, when she went to the ER for a migraine headache, according to family members.
http://www.kesq.com/news/marines-mother-breaks-silence-on-search-for-daughterinlaw/26857092

This is the first I've heard of her going to the E.R. due to a migraine or anything else. In the MSM link you provided it doesn't state that in either the written article nor does anyone state it in the video clip. Can you please provide a different MSM link regarding the visit to the E.R., etc.? TIA

Suicide does not work for me, due to where her car ended up. She should have been found within walking distance of her car, Imo.

Also, was trying to determine if her pregnancy had been verified by anyone other than Erin. Not saying she was not pregnant...just wondering if anyone else had seen results, prescribed vitamins, etc.

I recall the car being found on Valle Vista Rd but not sure of the other, however, if you look up Valle Vista and get directions from there to the Death Valley Mine area, it's almost a straight shot! You take Amboy and follow Amboy half the drive and also pass the Sheephole place too they said they were looking at one time. Okay, I have to go back to find the link someone posted for the tip line. I was on my phone earlier and now on computer so I can do these things easier. I am opposite the world, I sleep all day and up all night. I definitely think crews need to go down and search this area though for certain. Its a large place too a little bigger than JTNP but like someone else said she would not tell the accurate place where her and her lover were going to hang out. JTNP was a deploy in my opinion to make LE waste time and money searching there. The 2-hr thing is a big clue and this fits to a T. I wanted to also say I discount the fact of the car being moved because we were told those two witnesses were found not to be credible and were publicity seeking. If that is in fact, true I discredit any info they shared including the red car and the 10-10:30 timeframe and also the descriptions of the people getting in/out of the car. For all we know, maybe they are friends with one or more of the suspects and wanted to also detour our attention away from the true suspects, i.e. like friends with JC but wanted the public to think it was CL/NL and focus on them instead of JC so he made up his "descriptions" to fit them, etc. just can't believe anything he nor his sister said since news media said he was not credible.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Val...94231ad44!2m2!1d-115.4655478!2d35.2185985!3e0

Hi roadrunnermt :wave:
I have never seen any article saying these siblings were not credible. I have seen where people have left comments on FB and other social media outlets that are saying that. e.g., (scrolling down to the comments people write after reading articles)
After watching these video's, I find them credible myself. Those desert roads are very desolate, and I think it would be very easy to notice those cars where they were parked, if you were driving down that road. My opinion only.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/26028006/w...man-in-red-car

more of the interview

http://www.cbs8.com/story/26028006/w...man-in-red-car

BBM~
I don't think the witness' were seeking publicity at all. My thought is after they came forward with what they had seen, the media contacted/chased/hounded THEM like a pack of wolves ~ All for the sake of a first hand story. Notice that the reporter is the one that uses the the word "rendezvous," and then twists the whole story with the title
"Witness says missing Marine wife had rendezvous with man in red car." MOO~

she went to an ER for a headache?

Not sure if the actual statement is true as the link provided didn't seem to point to the whole ER and migraine comment however, that is how Tricare works in most cases. On base medical can be booked weeks ahead and if it is anything that requires immediate attention, you generally find your only option at being seen immediately is at the ER. I am guessing the migraine may have been so severe to warrant it? JMO of course if at all true.

Suicide does not work for me, due to where her car ended up. She should have been found within walking distance of her car, Imo.

Also, was trying to determine if her pregnancy had been verified by anyone other than Erin. Not saying she was not pregnant...just wondering if anyone else had seen results, prescribed vitamins, etc.

I agree. The car being found where it was doesn't point to suicide. One would think she would be found in or near her car if this was the case.

At this moment I am discounting the migraine and E.R. scenario as I haven't seen anything about it thus far. If I remember correctly, I think it was Erin's mom that made a comment about Erin having a doctor appointment in the coming days to confirm the pregnancy.

Certainly is a possibility! The state of mind she was in that day. She had some heavy things going on that had to be revealed and dealt with soon! It seems like there were already rumors and criticism being made, an affair forgiven once by hubby, but, would he forgive again?, bf leaving very soon, and mom coming to town. She left the get together/party early the night before, could've been tired or illness, could've been sadness/depression creeping in. May be she hitched a ride in a red car and left to be dropped off at parts unknown. It's the only reason that I can come up as to why LE keeps saying "there is still not enough evidence to rule out that Corwin "could be voluntarily missing." Meant to add, also, she gave up the adoption of the horse.

Above BBM: If JC committed the crime why would NL help him move the car after the fact? That part of your post confuses me. TIA

I added 'NL helped him move the car after the fact' mainly because of the witness's (MB's) description of the man and woman he saw in the red car sounded most to me like JC and NL. I think I read early on that NL told JC about the affair between CL and Erin, so maybe they were both the cheated on spouses who collaborated on tracking CL & Erin's whereabouts now that they suspected the affair wasn't over. They knew CL and Erin were both leaving the same apartment building at 7-7:30 am, and so they followed them soon after, and saw Erin's car where it was first parked, so it was NL who met JC near Erin's car and drove off with him in the red car.

Pretty sure we cannot speculate about JC, jmo...

I think speculating about anyone is okay, as there has been a lot of that going on regarding CL and NL, etc. and I haven't seen any feedback from the moderators on that speculating not being okay. What I have seen the moderators say is that sleuthing anyone who hasn't been named a person of interest (POI) isn't okay. LE hasn't named any POIs, so everything said here on CL, NL, JC, IM, etc. is speculation, and reading comments about the case and people involved on websites isn't sleuthing, is it?

Someone please straighten me out if I'm wrong about this. TIA

I think speculating about anyone is okay, as there has been a lot of that going on regarding CL and NL, etc. and I haven't seen any feedback from the moderators on that speculating not being okay. What I have seen the moderators say is that sleuthing anyone who hasn't been named a person of interest (POI) isn't okay. LE hasn't named any POIs, so everything said here on CL, NL, JC, IM, etc. is speculation, and reading comments about the case and people involved on websites isn't sleuthing, is it?

Not sure, but because CL and NL were mentioned in media as well as search warrants that were leaked (?) and it was clear he is a POI...I think the Mods said he was okay to sleuth, only. But Jmo.

I have seen this question posted many times on the different forums and it goes something like this....Why is LE not releasing information to the media and to the public?
For as much as everyone wants to be in the know and be given answers and/or details about a crime/missing person/murder the information that so many desperately seek to assist them in making sense of a situation and or to follow along with the developments, if released by LE could be of great determent to the investigation and could actually hinder and compromise the work in progress on a case.
Most LE departments have what is referred to as a PIO (Public Information Officer) if they do not then when necessary they will call one in from another LE department, The PIO’s position is to provide to the media and public the following: (Keeping in mind that this list is just an example only of what may take place during an release of information for media and public.)
• A development within a case.
• Provide public safety information and educate the public if the person of interest is a threat to others.
• To solicit additional information.
• To give a profile or other details on the person of interest. For example: Behavioral traits. Physical appearance.
• To correct misinformation that has been released by others besides LE about the case.
• To encourage the public to step forward if they know anything to assist in the case.
LE Departments have a very specific objective in mind when they do release information.
I understand that It can become extremely frustrating to some about what they feel to be a lack of caring or cooperation on LE's part but when one views it from another perspective it is easy to understand and respect.
The ultimate goal is to solve the crime (or situation) and to bring justice to the victim if there is one and their families. I think that it is not only forgivable but understandable as to why LE may not be so forth coming with information until such time that they feel it is appropriate to do so.
Just my own opinion of course.

CL and NL were open for sleuthing. This does not include JC or IM. This also would never include comments from social media as they are considered to be rumor.

Information that our members are posting in our private Scanner Forum is to remain in the Scanner Forum. If something interesting is heard, a member can post in the public forum that there is something going on, so members don't miss anything. If there is scanner information posted in the MSM, it can be quoted here WITH A LINK to the MSM article.

We are a victim friendly site. We have no suspects or persons of interest at this time, no one is to be discussed as such until or unless this happens. No sleuthing of friends or family. No rumor.

CL and NL may be discussed and sleuthed. The minor children that have come up may NOT be sleuthed or named, not even in direct quotes. ALSO, IM may not be sleuthed.

The closed facebook may NOT be discussed or linked too.
this information is at the start of every new thread. just fyi.

In order to get much use out of the scanner forum you need your main computer,a tablet, and a subscription to the scanner feed. Someone will come on and post directions I dont have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500