Identified! CA - Fontana, WhtFem 662UFCA, 25-35, hit by car, Aug'85 - Marguerite O'Brien

JD's facial structure is unusual and distinctive,asymetrical, is this due to the manner of her death?
None of the missing mentioned look like her IMO but this might be explained if it was caused by brain injuries in the accident
Anyone?
:confused:

IMO she has a broken nose and she was hit by a car so it would not be unreasonable to perceive that her face would be slightly out of alighment due to such injuries the poor thing!

Sorry, that was insensitive of me. Poor girl is so broken:(

Sorry I didn't mean to sound rude if I did...my mum is a nurse so I show her everything and she told me the nose was broken because I had been looking for girls with off centre noses and was getting frustrated not coming across any!

OK, one thing I noticed is that the Doe listing says she had jogging type shoes, but then it shows boots at the top, which I would not want to wear jogging, IMO. SO which it it, boots, or jogging shoes, or were the shoes in the bag (it does not say in Doe that they were). Has anyone found any newspaper articles from that time? How hit her? Someone said there is a trucking area near where she was found, was she hit by a truck? Maybe intentionally? Was she running from someone, or was she just crossing the street? All questions for LE. Also, why do they assume she traveled the east coast? Because of the slips of paper? Or do they have more evidence that they have not released?

OK, one thing I noticed is that the Doe listing says she had jogging type shoes, but then it shows boots at the top, which I would not want to wear jogging, IMO. SO which it it, boots, or jogging shoes, or were the shoes in the bag (it does not say in Doe that they were). Has anyone found any newspaper articles from that time? How hit her? Someone said there is a trucking area near where she was found, was she hit by a truck? Maybe intentionally? Was she running from someone, or was she just crossing the street? All questions for LE. Also, why do they assume she traveled the east coast? Because of the slips of paper? Or do they have more evidence that they have not released?

If you look at the photo of the boots beside them there is a black jogging shoe she must have had both of them with her, I presume that she was wearing the boots and had the jogging shoes in her possession.

I have heard back from the coroner in this case he is a very professional man and I think for the sake of professional courtesy and his time management it is best if anyone has any questions if they ask me and I will forward them on.

I will post what he said later on...I am just in the middle of something at the moment at the post may take a bit of time

I emailed Julainne Cecilia Jaillett's contact with regards to comparing them to Cherry Doe. I will let everyone know when I receive an email back.
Pearly

Ok so I heard back from coroner David Van Norman who is in charge of this case.

Essentially any questions we have with regards to Cherry Doe due to time restraints should be posted on here and I will pass them on to David once we have a few.

One thing is certain, "In regard to Jane Doe #13-85 as an example, I have fingerprints and dental records. We are scheduled to recover Jane Doe #13 later this year."

We have alot of information to go on and I am positive we can find out who she is!

According to identifyus.org, she had both her uterus removed (hysterectomy) and her left ovary (oopherectomy.) From research I learned that sometimes both the uterus and ovaries are removed during a hysterectomy but I couldn't find anything about only removing one ovary during a hysterectomy, so maybe she had to have the ovary taken out sometime before the hysterectomy due to an ectopic/tubal pregnancy?

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Oopherectomy

"If even part of one ovary remains, it will produce enough estrogen that a woman will continue to menstruate, unless her uterus was removed in a hysterectomy."

Maybe she lost one ovary from a tubal pregnancy but kept the other to preserve her fertility and the hysterectomy was done later.

I'm not sure about Linda Grimm. Assuming her photos were recent at the time of her disappearance, her teeth look intact. Cherry Doe was found a mere four months later and was missing quite a few teeth. Unless Linda had dentures? They look real to me.

Questions for the coroner (or anyone who might know the answers);

Is it possible to determine (without a uterus) if she'd ever given birth?
Was there any indication she'd done so?
(if she had not given birth, it would allow us to rule out missing women w/children as potential matches)

On the Dental Chart, for upper right #10 it says "Missing ante-mortem: replace by removable plastic partial denture", does this mean a partial denture was found with her? Or something to indicate she once wore a partial?

Were any sketches of her done to indicate what she might have looked like prior to being struck by the vehicle?

Do they think she led a transient lifestyle?
Why or why not?

I've been looking at Valley Boulevard, east of Cherry Avenue, where she struck by the vehicle, using Google Maps and street view.

I know the area has likely undergone many changes since 1985 but I see quite a few big rigs (and an adult bookstore, for whatever that's worth) and I wonder if this area was frequented by truckers back in '85.

Could she have hitched a ride with a trucker to Fontana?
If that's a possibility, did anyone ask around the trucker community if they recognized her?

Questions for the coroner (or anyone who might know the answers);

Is it possible to determine (without a uterus) if she'd ever given birth?
Was there any indication she'd done so?
(if she had not given birth, it would allow us to rule out missing women w/children as potential matches)

On the Dental Chart, for upper right #10 it says "Missing ante-mortem: replace by removable plastic partial denture", does this mean a partial denture was found with her? Or something to indicate she once wore a partial?

Were any sketches of her done to indicate what she might have looked like prior to being struck by the vehicle?

Do they think she led a transient lifestyle?
Why or why not?

Sent an email to the coroner asking about a sketch being done and if she has given birth and to see what the left ovary absence suggests...will let you know! :)

Did they by chance run a check to see if she possibly had cancer? That could be a reason why she had the left ovary removed. Or she could have had fertility issues and the left was removed for that reason?

Mel ~

Mr. David Van Norman (coroner);

replied to the questions I asked firstly with regards to the paper he posted: -

I did some basic searches on the information on the papers. Enough to be satisfied that the Lincoln Hotel is in Bingham, NY.

So

I went searching and found the nephew of the owner of the hotel at that time as it is no longer in existence. I will let everyone know of the reply and what I uncover.

This website provides the details of the hotel here as well: -
http://www.payphone-project.com/numbers/usa/NY/BINGHAMTON/

Payphone Location Information Number: (607) 722-9612
Description: LLOYD TEVYAW
Address: % LINCOLN HOTEL
166 CLINTON ST
City/State: BINGHAMTON, NY
Zip Code: 13905

So this is one piece of paper discovered however I would like to know why she has it......

Mr. David Van Norman (coroner);
So this is one piece of paper discovered however I would like to know why she has it......

I wonder if she was a prostitute or masseuse visiting clients in their rooms or residences? The bits of paper look like appointments (Kelly, 468 Main St, JC, 3rd floor after 6). The word beside the Lincoln Hotel number looks like it might be 'Gene'.

If the Lincoln Hotel number is New York, maybe the 'Rusty' number is too?

I hate to discount every possible match, but if Patricia Schmidt had full dentures that would probably eliminate her since Cherry Doe had some of her natural teeth remaining.

Looking at the photos of her possessions on the Doe Network page, to me it looks like it's very likely she was transient. She carried large bottles of personal care products and a razor and her purse was very dirty and ripped. Everything in her purse looks messy, even the pieces of paper.

Looking at the photos of her possessions on the Doe Network page, to me it looks like it's very likely she was transient. She carried large bottles of personal care products and a razor and her purse was very dirty and ripped. Everything in her purse looks messy, even the pieces of paper.

I noticed this as well.

I wondered if the items were damaged and/or stained as a result of the accident. If she were pushed or dragged by the vehicle I imagine that could cause road dirt to be pressed into the purse and for rips to occur. Then again, I would expect more damage to the bottles in the purse in that case.

IMHO, I see more things pointing to her leading a transient lifestyle than not.

i did hours of scouring news archives yesterday, but didn't come up with much for julianne. i did find out that her surname jaillet (in some reports, jaillette in others) is most common on the east coast.

pearly, have you contacted the bellevue LE yet to see if they have anything more on julianne?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back