GUILTY CA - Forrest Hayes, 51, dies of heroin OD on yacht, Santa Cruz, 23 Nov 2013

I've seen her "live" on tv (vs. in a photo, alone). If she wasn't wasted during live court proceedings, then yeah, she looks evil to me. Her eyes, her expressions, her lack of expression....she sure doesn't look like a girl scout selling cookies. And knowing that she "allegedly" shot him up with heroin, and then casually sipped her wine while his life slipped away, and then closed the blinds so no one would see him....that to me, those actions, are evil, and what she is in her heart, shows in her face, imo. If that's what heroin does to you, then I guess it's evil, as well. If that offends you, I'm sorry for that...but not sorry for how I feel.

She was probably high herself at the time. You can't expect someone like that to react the way you might, so it is not wise to extrapolate from how you imagine you might act and expect others to do the same.

It's also pretty common for heroin addicts to abandon people who are OD'ing. I saw a young man OD once. As I reached for the phone to call the ambulance, his best friends - since grade school! - who were all on heroin too shouted at me to put the phone down -- they were going to carry him out to the kerb and leave him there. Of *course* I called the ambulance.

The reason for that behaviour is that in many states there are felony murder laws, so when these folk have one of their friends OD it becomes a matter of personal survival. It is safer for them to abandon the person ODing on the side of the road than to take them to hospital and risk 20 years in prison. These laws have probably unnecessarily cost a lot of people their lives. There should be a humanitarian shield for those sorts of situations.

California has a felony murder statute, so I think it is very likely that she just abandoned him when she saw he was ODing like so many other addicts in that sort of situation do, particularly when they don't have a strong personal connection with the person ODing. In this case he was just a client, so it would have been very surprising if she had done anything about it.

What is the law in Cali re surveillance? If there was sex shown in that video, and if Alix was without knowledge of being filmed, could the video be tossed?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-prostitute-linked-to-second-heroin-death-in-georgia/

ByCRIMESIDER STAFFAP July 10, 2014, 3:02 PM
Cops: Prostitute linked to second heroin death in Georgia

Dean Riopelle, 53, died of a heroin overdose in September 2013 in Milton, 30 miles north of Atlanta, about two months before Google executive Forrest Hayes died of an overdose on his yacht.

Milton police Capt. Shawn McCarty said Thursday that Alix Tichelman, 26, called 911 to report that Riopelle, her boyfriend, had overdosed. She told investigators that he had been drinking and using heroin throughout the day, and that she found him on the ground after she got out of the shower.

Just before Riopelle's death, Tichelman had been arrested on a battery charge after her boyfriend told police that she bit his hand during an argument.

Riopelle had said that the woman took pills before they went to a bar he owned in Atlanta, where she drank, dove off the stage and exposed her breasts. After they returned to his home, they fought. She scratched his face and threatened to hit herself in the face and tell police he had done it, Riopelle said at the time.

Hayes was found dead by the captain of his 50-foot yacht last November. Police said the surveillance video from the yacht shows everything that happened from the time Tichelman came aboard to when she left.

Her clients included other Silicon Valley executives, Clark said.

I'll bet the other execs are shaking in their Chipkos. I pity the families that will no doubt be torn apart by this trifling hooker.

http://mugshots-directory.com/booking/6072404/ALIX-TICHELMAN

Booking #: 1325223 Fulton County Sheriff's Office
Facility: Booked: 09/06/2013 Released: 09/07/2013
Name TICHELMAN, ALIX Desc White Female 5' 9" 115 lbs
Alias TICHELAM, ALIX CATHERIN Hair Brown
SO # P01046851 Eyes Green
Address ALPHARETTA, GA 30004
Warrant # Charge Issuing Auth Offense Date Bond/Type Fine/Crt Costs Disposition
EW-094457 False Report Of A Crime 09/06/2013
Pre-Trial Release
Pretrial Release Signature Bond
EW-094456 Battery - Family Violence (1St Offense) Misd 09/06/2013
Pre-Trial Release
Pretrial Release Signature Bond

Ummm....ok. You are aware, I'm sure, that we are free to express our opinions here, right?

ETA: This was in reply to Tugela's reply to me, below:
She was probably high herself at the time. You can't expect someone like that to react the way you might, so it is not wise to extrapolate from how you imagine you might act and expect others to do the same.

ETAA: After reading Tugela's reply (above), again, I'm not sure how I expected her to react the way I would, but...ok. I was only explaining why "I" (personally) felt her actions were cold, or evil. As I said, it's early. I need at least one more cup of coffee!

I can see what you're saying. But she left him. To die, alone. And closed the windows so no one would see him, or call for help. That's evil, to me. That speaks of the state of someone's heart. Would she have done that if she weren't high (if she was, I don't even know if she was.)? Was it "only" the drugs or addiction that made her act this way? Or ....did the drugs only exacerbate a part of her character that was always there?

ETA: This was in reply to Ausgirl's post, above....still learning my way around this new board, and continually pressing the "wrong" button when replying!

oh_gal, I'm unsure whom your referring to as your comments aren't quoting a post. I only just came back here today so I'm not thinking it's my comments you're referring to. Maybe I'm missing something?

ETA just saw your post above. Thanks. Was worried I did something wrong. Again.

oh_gal, I just figured out how to reply showing the comment quoted... On the post you want to reply to, click on Reply With Quote. That'll pull up the post and you can make your comment under what's quoted. I just made the same mistake of clicking on Reply, which responds to the whole thread in general instead of a single comment. The forum looks sooo different.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl
Back