CA - Foster parents arrested in connection with murder of Hasanni Campbell - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me the biggest issue is the last credible sighting being August 6-what triggered the story of the disappearance? What caused them to decide to create the story is what I mean-because sometime between 8/6 and 8/10 the little love was disposed of. They felt comfortable that he would not easily be found-so was he disposed in a garbage can? You kinow what I mean???

If Jennifer confesses, I wonder where that puts LR. I guess he just has to keep denying and making up stories.
I hope Burris will stay out.
My fear is maybe JC knows he did something to Hasanni but doesn't know where our little man is, which would make it difficult to prove Hasanni is dead. I hope LE is still going over LR's cell phone pings/records. MOO

Surely, a normal adult does not take on the responsibility of care& nurturing of someone else's child, only to kill them(this is being termed a homicide)?? I do not think there is any monetary gain from a dead child for foster parents . There are lot of negative consequences!!!! Something is not quite adding up? Unless my thinking is extremely naive. Do you think he really left that child at Bart? OR do you think the child did have an accidental death & they are afraid to tell the truth.? It is a mystery with unpleasant vibes!
I think it's possible LR lost his temper and it wasn't planned but something happened and instead of doing the right thing, he/they chose to cover it up. MOO

To me the biggest issue is the last credible sighting being August 6-what triggered the story of the disappearance? What caused them to decide to create the story is what I mean-because sometime between 8/6 and 8/10 the little love was disposed of. They felt comfortable that he would not easily be found-so was he disposed in a garbage can? You kinow what I mean???
I think the drop off at the shoe store could've been the first opportunity that LR could stage an abduction or have Hasanni wander off. Or maybe something just happened to him that day? Just because the last confirmed sighting was at Wal-mart on 8/6 doesn't mean he wasn't alive on the 7th, 8th or 9th. Hopefully we'll find out where both LR & JC were those three days. MOO

I think the drop off at the shoe store could've been the first opportunity that LR could stage an abduction or have Hasanni wander off. Or maybe something just happened to him that day? Just because the last confirmed sighting was at Wal-mart on 8/6 doesn't mean he wasn't alive on the 7th, 8th or 9th. Hopefully we'll find out where both LR & JC were those three days. MOO

If so, he picked a really poor story for an abduction. Why'd he pick the shoe store and not something more credible?

If so, he picked a really poor story for an abduction. Why'd he pick the shoe store and not something more credible?
Because he supposedly left Hasanni in the little "alley" located by the back door to the store, walked down the street and around the corner to the front of the store, which would give some perp who just happened to be waiting a chance to abduct Hasanni. Or the alternative would be Hasanni wandered off. There would be enough traffic I suppose that this could happen undetected and there aren't any video cameras (that I know of) in that alley. The "abduction" couldn't have happened at Wal-mart, Target, outside the bank or somewhere else where it would be on camera. MOO

Because he supposedly left Hasanni in the little "alley" located by the back door to the store, walked down the street and around the corner to the front of the store, which would give some perp who just happened to be waiting a chance to abduct Hasanni. Or the alternative would be Hasanni wandered off. There would be enough traffic I suppose that this could happen undetected and there aren't any video cameras (that I know of) in that alley. The "abduction" couldn't have happened at Wal-mart, Target, outside the bank or somewhere else where it would be on camera. MOO

Hi panthera: I don't think there are any video cameras in the alley/parking lot, but ForensicsFan thought that there was a video cam on a nearby gas station that could have captured LR driving on the street that day...I hope LE checked it out.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/29/BA3619F9NO.DTL

"We never came up with one piece of proof that the child was ever in Rockridge that day," one police source said, referring to the neighborhood where the father claims the 5-year-old went missing.

And as time wore on, so did the feeling among investigators that they had to make a move in the very high-profile case.

"There are no new leads and still no body, but we felt it was time to bring them in, separate them and sweat them," said one police source

Started the Show Video & Transcript thread...it includes a other YouTube Videos I Just found too! :winko:

Here's the link for it:
Show Transcripts and Show Videos - NO DISCUSSIONS HERE PLEASE - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Show Transcripts and Show Videos - ***NO DISCUSSIONS HERE PLEASE *** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

YellowSubmarine I hope you feel better real soon! :blowkiss:

YS posted this in the current news thread:

Just want you all to know it's great we got a subforum for Hasanni! I have not looked through everything yet, as I am not feeling good. Just wanted to check in but I will be back later or tomorrow when I'm feeling better!

:angel:

If Jennifer confesses, I wonder where that puts LR. I guess he just has to keep denying and making up stories.
I hope Burris will stay out.

Burris didn't stay away sorry to say...posted this updated article awhile ago in the current news thread etc. :

The foster parents of missing five-year-old Hasanni Campbell are maintaining their innocence after their arrest on Friday on charges of murder, according to an attorney who visited the two in jail on Sunday. :sick:

Oakland attorney John Burris visited Campbell and Ross Sunday, in attempt to assist them in locating a criminal defense attorney.:razz:

Oakland police have not said what led to the arrest of the foster parents or why investigators believe the child is dead, though they have indicated they may reveal more information in this case on Monday.

I knew he was behind the attempt to get them some public sympathy throught the media....that's who's behind the headline...."Foster Parents May Be Released....! :liar:
http://www.ktvu.com/news/20606391/detail.html

Would have flew in sooner, but I was flying around muti-tasking again! :blushing:

Hi panthera: I don't think there are any video cameras in the alley/parking lot, but ForensicsFan thought that there was a video cam on a nearby gas station that could have captured LR driving on the street that day...I hope LE checked it out.
Yes I remember FF saying that. IIRC, he would've had to pass by that station, right? I don't know if it would capture who was inside the car though.

bolded by me.

Thanks, panthera.
Re the bolded part, it occurred to me later, if LR was "canny" enough to contact Burris himself early on, then I can't imagine he is answering questions w/o a lawyer there! I wonder if they have a public defender?

I do not believe they would have a public defndr yet, that would happen at first hearing, Mon. for JC and Tue. for LR. They usually have a list of attrnys posted that an inmate could try to call while awaiting the 1st hearing. Public dfndrs are appointed by the judge, ( next attrny on the list sorta thing ). But during this time Burris could act as counsil and advise either since they have been talking to him, that would be his choice.

Up and coming, wanna-be famous attrnys i.e. (Baez ( Casey A. ) attrny) was called by her from jail on recommendation of another inmate) that happened before she ever saw the judge for the 1st time.

There are probably attrnys contacting Burris wanting to be recommended by him, when he meets with LR or JC. There are attrnys probably camping out there just waiting/hopeing to hear from one of these to 2. The case will make a name for someone pro-bono work worth the notoriety in the end.

If either ask for attrny and Burris is not getting involved, they may just have been sitting there all week-end, Silent.

Either of them being advised by a decent Attrny may be the best thing for 'Little Man , ... get a deal working and get him home ! That really is usually the best choice for the defendant. IMO - Beaz is not a real smart attrny, he should have worked a deal for Casey...before the body was found ( but,thats all a whole diff case, Sorry) .

IMHO After the silence of this week-end , I truely believe at this point A good attrny for LR or JC will get "our baby" recovered and try to help them get the best sentance, considering......the facts.

LE are looking over survillence cameras in the area...no comment.....when the reporter asked if Hasanni was seen in the car by any of them was the remark...I watched this in a video today, while looking for the video for ForensicsFan.

I know what video he was asking about earlier...but didn't find it yet....now which video did I hear LE tell the reporter this comment about the cameras. It might be in one of the 2 new videos I posted from YouTube...than maybe not.... :crazy: :banghead:

Take my word for it for now, until I find it, along with the one ForensicsFan asked about! Getting a little tired & I have a feeling I'm going to have a busy day tomorrow, hearing for JC, & esp. if the doc dump happens in the KC Anthony case. :winko:

I'll try to find it in between my flying around threads!

OT but you all have done such a wonderful job organizing Hasanni's forum, Thank you so much!
:clap:

"Oakland attorney John Burris visited Campbell and Ross Sunday, in attempt to assist them in locating a criminal defense attorney."

That's the best thing I've read today! Although I don't believe it. Unless they're independently wealthy, they won't be able to afford one.

Are they going to pull a Hans Reiser & play innocent until the bitter end?

Since they haven't cracked I'm assuming they buried /disposed of him so well they haven't anything to worry about. There are ways to get them to talk...tickle them for one...I have better ideas though they aren't exactly politic. But they work.

I am proud of LE. They didn't let this case linger a long and slow death.

So LE would arrest both of them without any evidence only the hope that one of them would talk??? :eek:

They could at first "Probable Cause" that gives them time to get the evidence, but like I said before if she didn't talk JC and LR would be charged with the same crime. When they first arrested them they were both arrested for "suspicion of murder". Then the charge for JC dropped????:croc:
Never mind I seen that they both retained their "innocence"...

And thanks for making this a sub-forum, sometimes I got so lost going from thread 1 to thread 2...to get to thread 3 or 4. I guess I should-a-read-the-instructions. LAMOS laughing at my own stupidity.

He probably sussed out that there was no camera in the alley. Very convenient. He didn't count on not being believed.

Foster Parents Of Missing Boy Maintain Innocence From Jail
Posted: 3:25 pm PDT August 28, 2009
Updated: 7:05 pm PDT August 30, 2009

OAKLAND, Calif. -- The foster parents of missing five-year-old Hasanni Campbell are maintaining their innocence after their arrest on Friday on charges of murder, according to an attorney who visited the two in jail on Sunday.

*snipped*

good grief

Foster Parents Of Missing Boy Maintain Innocence From Jail
Posted: 3:25 pm PDT August 28, 2009
Updated: 7:05 pm PDT August 30, 2009

OAKLAND, Calif. -- The foster parents of missing five-year-old Hasanni Campbell are maintaining their innocence after their arrest on Friday on charges of murder, according to an attorney who visited the two in jail on Sunday.

*snipped*

good grief

Snipped from the article above:

"Hasanni, who has cerebral palsy, was last seen Aug. 10 in the Shuz of Rockridge shoe store in the 6000 block of College Avenue and his disappearance prompted a multi-agency investigation. On Aug. 20, police served multiple search warrants in connection with the case, including one at Ross' home."

Did someone besides Ross say that Hasanni was at Shuz in Rockridge on Aug 10? (I haven't caught up in reading yet.)

I really don't think either JC or Ross has enough money to cover the cost of a lawyer (I could be wrong), let alone a high roller like Burris?

I think that JC better roll on Ross now, if she has the goods on him, there was a little girl who's mother was sentenced to 20 years in prison for the murder of her daughter and there was no body found. (Kynande Bennett is the little girl, the mother was sentenced, and I don't know if she's been released since, couldn't find articles to verify where the mother is today.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ecdub