GUILTY CA - Francisco Rodriguez, 17, murdered at his Winnetka home, 11 Jan 2012

Agreed. I think she is going to turn state's witness. But I think her defense is that she was too scared to step forward.

Her lawyers are probably working on this angle right now.

If the shooter(s) are at least 18 years old, the death penalty might be appropriate, under the special circumstance of lying in wait. This was an execution. The victim was lured to his death.

They could still be tried as adults if under 18, and receive life without parole.

Yes, it is. She had a duty to call the authorities immediately, and scream that she had no idea what was going to happen. Hiding out and waiting for them to come to her, makes her an accessory, at least after the fact.

But Katy is probably right. In exchange for helping LE, she'll probably get a deal.

Her unwillingness to come forward right away, however, speaks volumes to me about her character and for now, I'm hoping for some prison time.

According to the latest articles that I've seen, it seems they've been in custody for a couple of days before the news leaked out today. They were just trying to get the 'evidence.'

It is possible she did turn herself in and LE had to get a SW for the vehicle and maybe the perps house to find the weapon.

I guess we'll see in about 50 minutes or so at the news conference how they treat the girl.

So senseless. :(

fran

A 24-yr old man and 19-yr old woman were arrested and are charged with murder. Both suspects have extensive criminal records.

I have to leave now, but will try to post more details later.

A 24-yr old man and 19-yr old woman were arrested and are charged with murder. Both suspects have extensive criminal records.

I have to leave now, but will try to post more details later.

Wow. I hope this is the end of their "extensive criminal record." They need to never leave prison again and yes, I am making assumptions based on their records.

Here they are:

WINNETKA, Calif. (KTLA) -- Two suspects have been arrested in the shooting death of a 17-year-old high school soccer player outside his home in Winnetka.

Police have arrested 24-year-old Jason Schulman and 19-year-old Elizabeth Ybarra.

Police say the suspects have extensive records and are both on probation.

67320000-17152345.jpg

http://www.ktla.com/

Looks like someone may have died her hair recently to avoid identification, if that is the most recent mugshot.

I'd love to ask them: "Was it worth it?"

Jason Schulman, Elizabeth Ybarra Mugshot Photos Released in Francisco Rodriguez Shooting Case

LOS ANGELES (LALATE) –

.................... But officials confirm to news that they need a particular person’s help in preparing the case for the District Attorney’s office. The above photo and below details were released to news moments ago.

LAPD officials told members of the news moments ago that “we are still trying to figure out what that motive is.” Officials said that one person called Crime Stoppers and gave them the tip that led to the arrest. But today, LAPD spoke directly to the news camera and told that tipster to call them back. Officials need more clues, including motive and relationship, to aid their invasion.

photos and more article at link ..................... http://news.lalate.com/2012/01/17/j...eleased-in-francisco-rodriguez-shooting-case/

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...ivaly-at-center-of-soccer-player-slaying.html

A 15-member LAPD task force made the arrests on Monday night after tracking down a green Ford Explorer that witnesses saw fleeing the shooting scene.

Family members said they did not recognize the woman, who had red hair. Police said Tuesday that Ibarra is not a natural redhead. Authorities believe she dyed her hair to throw off witnesses and authorities.

What !! I can't believe they thought they could get away with it! My son had lots of friends at that school growing up. That poor young man! My heart goes out to his family.
Unfortunately, our prisons are so overcrowded..I hope they can find a way to keep them in for a long time. We do have the DEath penalty, but who knows?

If she dyed her hair red that day to throw off the authorities, it's a clear indication of planning and deliberation.

She's 19 and eligible for the death penalty. I say give it to her, as well as the shooter of course. This was an ambush, the poor boy never had a chance.

So what do they think the motive is? Was he dating this 19 year old?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...ivaly-at-center-of-soccer-player-slaying.html

A 15-member LAPD task force made the arrests on Monday night after tracking down a green Ford Explorer that witnesses saw fleeing the shooting scene.

Family members said they did not recognize the woman, who had red hair. Police said Tuesday that Ibarra is not a natural redhead. Authorities believe she dyed her hair to throw off witnesses and authorities.

That's what I thought. Throw the book at em'. That's enough for me.

So what do they think the motive is? Was he dating this 19 year old?

Word on the street, according to kids I know from that school, is that this girl has been telling her friends a story about this. Don't know if it is true or not. But her 'story' is that she was broken up with the 24 yr old, and was supposedly trying to be with a better group of people. And she met this great kid and began to hang out with him. He did not know who she really was, I bet. But her 24 yr old convicted felon ex bf got wind of it and according to the 19 yr old, he 'forced her' to take him to this guy's house.

This may not be true, but according to some kids from her old school, that is the excuse she is trying to sell. But like noted above, if she dyed her hair red for the day, then she deserves the full on murder rap.

Word on the street, according to kids I know from that school, is that this girl has been telling her friends a story about this. Don't know if it is true or not. But her 'story' is that she was broken up with the 24 yr old, and was supposedly trying to be with a better group of people. And she met this great kid and began to hang out with him. He did not know who she really was, I bet. But her 24 yr old convicted felon ex bf got wind of it and according to the 19 yr old, he 'forced her' to take him to this guy's house.

This may not be true, but according to some kids from her old school, that is the excuse she is trying to sell. But like noted above, if she dyed her hair red for the day, then she deserves the full on murder rap.

It's probably true. Good Lord!

I hope they both go down forever. What a tragic loss and shame.

Local news is reporting tonight that the female suspect Ibarra has a long criminal record including forgery, battery on a police office, resisting arrest, and identity theft.
She was on probation following early release from jail. Reports are that she and the male suspect have a baby son together.

Both suspects are being held without bail. The murder weapon has not yet been found. The investigation is continuing.

A criminal record and a baby? She had no business of messing with a high school student.

Local news is reporting tonight that the female suspect Ibarra has a long criminal record including forgery, battery on a police office, resisting arrest, and identity theft.
She was on probation following early release from jail. Reports are that she and the male suspect have a baby son together.

Both suspects are being held without bail. The murder weapon has not yet been found. The investigation is continuing.

Wow. How in the world did this kid get mixed up with her?

Wow. How in the world did this kid get mixed up with her?

She was 19, and he was a naive and trusting 17 yr old. They live in the same neighborhood. I think she may have befriended him and tried to make him interested. I am sure she acted innocent and did not let on that she was a convicted felon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde
Back