CA: "From the moment she was placed in my arms...."

OT: Jane, I have been praying for your country and for all the lives lost and displaced because of the awful fires. Please take care of yourself.:blowkiss:

Now on topic: I agree with everything you said.

Thank you :blowkiss:

The one comment that bothered me the most in Cindy's speech was the part about Caylee being the greatest gift she's ever recieved. As much as I can't stand Casey for what she did to her daughter I felt that was a REALLY low blow to Casey that she said that. It just made it seem like Casey wasn't a great gift to her or didn't mean anything to her. She should have worded it that "Caylee was one of the greatest gifts that I ever recieved."

Caylee is dead and this was for Caylee, So I don't believe that Cindy would say Casey you were the Greatest gift to me and Caylee was also the Greatest Gift to me

This was about her Feelings for Caylee

Jmo

George has verified that they took care of Caylee the majority of the time since her birth. Casey was out pretending to work and running around with friends. It's natural that Cindy would feel more like a mom than a grandmother. No has mentioned it, but I've also suspected that Casey may have led the family on with promises to sign over custody or even let them adopt Caylee, then renigged, using this attachment as a weapon to accuse and make herself into a victim.

Caylee is dead and this was for Caylee, So I don't believe that Cindy would say Casey you were the Greatest gift to me and Caylee was also the Greatest Gift to me

This was about her Feelings for Caylee

Jmo

I know that the day was about Caylee and that Cindy's speech was about her feelings for Caylee. Also I didn't expect Cindy to stand up there and say that Casey was also the greatest gift to her thats not what I meant at all. I thought the comment was completley out of line and not only did it come off as an insult to Casey but also to Lee too. She should have used a different choice of words in that b/c that made the whole controling issue and the thing about Cindy holding Caylee for the first time come into light again.

I know that the day was about Caylee and that Cindy's speech was about her feelings for Caylee. Also I didn't expect Cindy to stand up there and say that Casey was also the greatest gift to her thats not what I meant at all. I thought the comment was completley out of line and not only did it come off as an insult to Casey but also to Lee too. She should have used a different choice of words in that b/c that made the whole controling issue and the thing about Cindy holding Caylee for the first time come into light again.

Agree. I have 3 boys, if something should God forbid, happen to one, I could never say something comparable. Nor would his grandparents. You simply don't "choose" between your children or grandchildren, even in a time of crises or loss, and elevate one above others.

I think for years she did this with LA and KC, but when Caylee came along, all bets were off.

CA said her '3' kids..............hmmmmmmmm meaning CAYLEE also...........

this was cindy's show, it was about cindy and it was cindy who lost Caylee, not casey. and cindy made certain to tell her that from the very moment she took the pulpit. it is impossible for it to ever be JUST about Caylee, since these two women have relegated her to a bone of contention even down to how her remains would be handled. i hope to never hear from this vile woman again. you got your princess cindy funeral now, cindy. go the hell away.

I have to say, I look forward to your posts. They are to the point, and I like how you think! :blowkiss:

I agree with you completely! It was George who really spoke from the heart when he was reminiscing about Caylee. I watched the memorial with a group of friends and when "Jo-Jo" was talking.....all of us were crying. Not the case with Cindy. I, too, shall refrain from discussing Cindy today---but it's difficult. I noticed her "From the moment she was placed in my arms..." and found that phrasing to be interesting. But George---God Bless him. He shared some very personal memories of his re: Caylee and it must have been so hard for him. Did anyone else get the sense that Cindy was subtly irritated with him that she was "hogging" her limelight? The crowd was loving George so much for opening up and remembering Caylee, and Cindy had to interject herself into his time. I even noticed her trying to tell him to wrap it up....pointing to his notes on the podium as if she wanted him to hurry it up. I just wanted to say "Back off! Let the man speak!".

Yes I'd agree with you 100%!

CA always is about attention and controlling GA. I loved hearing GA speak of Caylee Marie as it was so beautiful and tender, very touching it made me cry all over again!

The one comment that bothered me the most in Cindy's speech was the part about Caylee being the greatest gift she's ever recieved. As much as I can't stand Casey for what she did to her daughter I felt that was a REALLY low blow to Casey that she said that. It just made it seem like Casey wasn't a great gift to her or didn't mean anything to her. She should have worded it that "Caylee was one of the greatest gifts that I ever recieved."

Nevermind I listened again and you are right WOW!

Cindy's comment, (the title of this thread) made me very uncomfortable, not a natural thing to say. But, one thing about Cindy, she always manages to catch me off guard!:crazy:

I think it was an unusual thing for a grandmother to say, no matter what. It definitely sounded like she considered herself Caylee's mother and she probably was, for all intents and purposes.

The way dysfunctional families work is one upmanship when they can. The other is blaming another family member. When there is a death they all come together like they have never been apart. Just my personal experience. Then, post funeral it gets worst.Again, just my personal experience.

It is funny how people interperate things. To me, that was such a sweet thing for Cindy to say. I have 10 g/k's, and I have said that about each of them. She did say it was Casey that gave her that gift. I really think she was just letting her know how thankful she was to have her in her life.

I didn't see this discussed, so mods, if I missed this, please delete.

As LA's speech raised some issues for some of us, I found that the wording of CA here was something that goes directly to the heart of the lifelong battle between her and KC regarding Caylee. As we know, when Caylee was born, they handed Caylee to CA first, before even her own mother, KC had a chance to hold her. KC never forgot, or forgave this.

It would have been so simple to say instead at the memorial, "From the moment I first held my granddaughter..." But, I think throughout this, CA continued to treat Caylee more as her daughter. She stated that Caylee was the "best gift she ever got". Normally, that's what a mother says, about her own children, moo.

snipped

I thought the exact same thing when I heard her say that. She could have said from when I first held her.

It is funny how people interperate things. To me, that was such a sweet thing for Cindy to say. I have 10 g/k's, and I have said that about each of them. She did say it was Casey that gave her that gift. I really think she was just letting her know how thankful she was to have her in her life.

I would be thrilled and proud to hear my mother say that my children were the best gift she ever received. I only wish that was the case.

I thought the exact same thing when I heard her say that. She could have said from when I first held her.

Or, she could have said "From the moment I first layed eyes on her..."

I feel as if CA was saying to KC that she loved her but at the same time she took away:

The greatest gift she ever received, one of her three children who she loved from the moment she was placed in her arms.

A very tactful stab at KC from CA, IMO. I don't think she completely exonerates KC. She could have said much worse but CA's love for her daughter won't let her go there.

snipped

Are we sure that Cindy did mention holding Caylee first? I found a transcript of her speech on a blog type site - so I don't think I can link to it - and that's not in there.

"The moment I saw Caylee Marie and the instant she was placed in my arms, she stole my heart forever. My heart just melted. I knew from then on that her heart was strong and that she would be a very special child. Caylee was a perfect baby."

Are we sure that Cindy did mention holding Caylee first? I found a transcript of her speech on a blog type site - so I don't think I can link to it - and that's not in there.

"The moment I saw Caylee Marie and the instant she was placed in my arms, she stole my heart forever. My heart just melted. I knew from then on that her heart was strong and that she would be a very special child. Caylee was a perfect baby."
bold, me
Spirit was strong, wasn't it?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member