GUILTY CA - Gabriel Fernandez, 8, tortured to death, Palmdale, 22 May 2013

Has anyone watched the Netflix series on Gabriel?
I started today but turned it off because I'm not sure I can make it through without having this precious angel dominate my thoughts again for weeks.

Has anyone watched the Netflix series on Gabriel?
I started today but turned it off because I'm not sure I can make it through without having this precious angel dominate my thoughts again for weeks.
I'm not sure I will be able to watch it -- I haven't tried -- but here's a link for/about it:

Everything to Know About Gabriel Fernandez's Tragic Abuse Case Examined in Netflix Docuseries

Gabriel Fernandez was killed by his mom and her boyfriend in 2013 after a months-long campaign of torture

By Greg Hanlon and Christine Pelisek
February 28, 2020 12:36 PM

Everything to Know About Gabriel Fernandez's Tragic Abuse Case Examined in Netflix Docuseries

I hadn’t heard of Gabriels case until I saw this trailer so I just finished reading through Gabriels thread today, thank you for keeping his thread alive and updated. Heartbreaking doesn’t even cover it..
:(

It was extremely difficult to follow but I figured that if this sweet boy had suffered it the least I could do is to be a witness to justice.

I’m three episodes in on Netflix..

I have never felt such hatred towards someone like I have seeing photos of those two. I don’t even want to name them :mad:

In episode three, the teacher showing and talking about Gabriels Mother’s Day project absolutely broke my heart :( All he wanted was love.

I will never understand how people can abuse, and abuse in such a horrific way that they never feel an ounce of guilt or remorse.. Evil evil evil :(

I’ve watched three episodes too. I have so many more questions than answers. I don’t think that Pearl’s family is innocent and helpful as they have been portraying. How was Pearl allowed to drop out of school in eighth grade? How did she get access to drugs at 9 years old? How on earth were two men allowed to come to the hospital and just take Gabriel after his birth? How did they obtain medical care for him? I think most of the people who had custody of Gabriel over the years wanted the welfare money :((( and how many kids did Pearl have in total???

I just started the last episode. This entire case is terribly sad and Gabriel was failed by so many working in a flawed system. I think the biggest take away from this should be social services, childrens services, rehabilitation/correction services, disability services, military, and health care should NOT be used to make a profit or privatized. EVER. Billion dollar companies are taking advantage of our tax dollars and their bottom line isn't people, it's the dollar. It's a dangerous slope when these social systems are allowed to be privatized and capitalized on. The system needs changed. Why are we contracting these services out other than for already wealthy corporations to make another buck? The work should be done by the government agency that has handled it in the past and the money should stay there. I have worked as a case worker in the disability field. Right now it is being privatized. It's not a good thing and we should all be concerned. Not just that a child died. Not just that so many people failed him. We should be angry at these contracting services and our legislatures who are allowing social services to be privatized and capitalized on.

“A family’s prior history is one of the most reliable measures of the need for future intervention, and in the past 10 years, at least four hotline calls had been made alleging that Pearl Fernandez was neglecting or abusing her children. She had abandoned her youngest child, a daughter named Destiny, and lost custody of a son named Arnold Jr., who was a year older than Gabriel.”
An 8-Year-Old Was Brutally Abused for Months. Why Did No One Save Him?

I can’t remember a documentary or docuseries that has stayed with me the way “The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez” has.

It’s on Netflix.

Yes, the subject matter is incredibly heavy.

Yes, it’s incredibly devastating.

And yes, I think everyone has to watch it.

Please.

andy lassner on Twitter

If you’re a victim of childhood abuse I am absolutely begging you to take precaution before watching the Gabriel Fernandez documentary on Netflix. It’s extremely triggering and I suggest speaking to loved ones for care if self-soothing is not enough.

Jahkara J Smith✨ on Twitter

On ep. 3 now, and for everyone saying how hard it is to watch, YES, yes it is.

But as adults that do have the power to intervene and stop the next potential "Gabriel", I think we all owe it to them, if we can, to watch and to learn.

jmo

On ep. 3 now, and for everyone saying how hard it is to watch, YES, yes it is.

But as adults that do have the power to intervene and stop the next potential "Gabriel", I think we all owe it to them, if we can, to watch and to learn.

jmo

Totally agree. Will be watching another episode or two tonight when I'm home.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cashmeoutside
Back