CA CA - Garden Grove, HispFem 38UFCA, 25-35, rolled into carpet, Oct'90

Googling "Guadalupe Laureano Pacheco" brought me to a facebook post by a family member with photos. She looks exactly like the sketch.

I hope a decent Spanish speaker can help these folks.

The page with her photos is an amazing resource for missing persons who may be undocumented Jane or John Does. I'm joining the group to see if there are any tattoo matches or other major identifiers of any missing persons listed.

Attachments

• 64B915C4-FF99-4342-8110-7F70BF69AC42.jpeg
    64B915C4-FF99-4342-8110-7F70BF69AC42.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 39
  • A1928141-FEE7-40B7-A293-DCAB6D21FFAA.jpeg
    A1928141-FEE7-40B7-A293-DCAB6D21FFAA.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 37
Efectivamente, ¡se parece mucho en todo!
In fact, the look alike is compelling!

Pero, no tengo ni siquira una idea de cómo puedes expliquear la cosa a la policia. ¡Necesitamos ayudad!
But I don't even have a clue how can you explain it to LE. We need help!

@CarlK90245 would you please help the gentleman approach LE about his aunt?
Fwiw, I asked him to write all the info about his aunt in Spanish & I'll translate into English if you don't mind.

@Jose flores ¿puedes escribir todas las informaciones sobre tu tía en español aquí y traduzco en ingles?
¡Tambien me permite la practica del español!

Can anyone explain more via Spanish than me? About DNA comparisons etc?

What happened to the postmortem photos for this case?

I just contacted the OC Coroner's investigator, to verify that someone called this tip in. The investigator indicated that they are aware of this possible match (Guadalupe Laureano Pacheco), and are in contact with her family.

I have the PM photo, and she looks pretty close, by my eye. Shape of the nose, thick lips, shape of the eyebrows are all consistent.

To translate the comment on the facebook page:

She is my sister - the youngest of the family. She came to the United States 30 years ago, and it has been 29 years that we don't know anything about her.

The last time we knew where she was, she lived in Azusa CA. We ask please, if anyone knows her, or has seen her, to communicate it to me. We want to know if she is OK. We don't know if she is married, or has family, or what has happened with her.

Her name is Guadalupe Laureano Pacheco. This is serious. Don't play games with our feelings. If you don't know anything, just share this message. Thank you and God Bless.

I just contacted the OC Coroner's investigator, to verify that someone called this tip in. The investigator indicated that they are aware of this possible match (Guadalupe Laureano Pacheco), and are in contact with her family.

I have the PM photo, and she looks pretty close, by my eye. Shape of the nose, thick lips, shape of the eyebrows are all consistent.

To translate the comment on the facebook page:

Thank you so much Carl!!!

Sadly one year on the Namus case is still active, does this mean Guadalupe has been ruled out?

Five ruleouts now The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Carmen Hetrick 1956 Colorado
Hazel Klug 1962 Virginia
Tina LAYTON 1971 California
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Sally Simmons 1973 California

She has dentals, DNA, and fingerprints.

No new ruleouts.

I don't think we can assume Gaudalupe has been excluded. A year is not very long in LE time, especially when it sounds like there might be language difficulties. I know of at least one case where it took three years from when the family contacted LE to when they finally got the formal identification.

Any updates to the ruleout list? Her NamUs profile was updated recently.

Five ruleouts now The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Carmen Hetrick 1956 Colorado
Hazel Klug 1962 Virginia
Tina LAYTON 1971 California
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Sally Simmons 1973 California

She has dentals, DNA, and fingerprints.

There are still five exclusions, but it's Hetrick, Klug, Layton, Schmidt, and MP57188 Maria Laureano 01/01/1989 Orange CA. Sally Simmons is no longer on the list. She's also no longer in Namus, so it probably just means she was located, but there's usually an entry that's just dashes when that happens.

There are still five exclusions, but it's Hetrick, Klug, Layton, Schmidt, and MP57188 Maria Laureano 01/01/1989 Orange CA. Sally Simmons is no longer on the list. She's also no longer in Namus, so it probably just means she was located, but there's usually an entry that's just dashes when that happens.

so laureano was ruled out then.

Oh, so Maria Laureano = Guadalupe Laureano Pacheco who was mentioned earlier? Good to know she was ruled out.

(Incidentally, I tried finding Maria Laureano's NamUs page, MP57188, and it seems to be gone. Was she otherwise identified?)

Last edited:
Oh, so Maria Laureano = Guadalupe Laureano Pacheco who was mentioned earlier? Good to know she was ruled out.

(Incidentally, I tried finding Maria Laureano's NamUs page, MP57188, and it seems to be gone. Was she otherwise identified?)

That's what it looks like. I presume they're the same person, though I don't really know that for sure.

90-05253-MH​

DOE, Jane 90-05253-MH #1

DOE, Jane 90-05253-MH #2
CORONER CASE NUMBER: 90-05253-MH
SEX: Female
RACE: Hispanic/Caucasian
DATE FOUND: 10/4/90
AGE Est.: 25-35
EYES: Brown
HAIR: Brown
HGT. Inches: 63
WEIGHT LBS: 179
CITY FOUND: Garden Grove
LOCATION FOUND: Found on grass parkway in front of 13312 Downey Place, Garden Grove
DEATH CLASSIFICATION: Homicide
PHYSIQUE: Obese
FEATURES: Black blouse, size 42 pink tank top, size 34 jeans, probable prior live births, blood type O+
TATTOOS: N/A
JEWELRY: None
TEETH/CONDITION: Restorations #8, 9, gold "window" crowns #7, 10, missing #4, 17, 18, 19, 20, 28, 29, 30, 31
DOE, Jane 90-05253-MH #3

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back