GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
<snipped for space>
Why does she have so many names? Ilona Gregorievna and Ilona Gregorievna Gorshkova. Here's a post from her Live Journal, http://gregorievna.livejournal.com/, from 2006
"when i visited the cemetary today, it was sad to see the contrast of the loved graves and the not so loved ones...
it really upset me because most of the graves were bare, empty, and forgotten.
it really terrified me.
i dont want to be one of those graves."

<snipped>

Regarding Ilona's names, in Russia, a person's middle name often comes from the name of his/her father. Ilona was born in Russia in 1991 and I'm guessing her biological father's name was Gregori. Gorshkova would have been her last name (it was her mother's surname at the time of her marriage to J. A. Flint in 1997).

Her poor mother -- she lost her then-husband to a heart attack when he was only 30 years old, and now she has lost her beautiful 22 year old daughter in an utterly tragic and senseless way.

MOD NOTE:
Please only copy no more than 10% of an article and do not forget the link!
Posts that copy more than that will be edited and posts with no link will be removed entirely.
Please, please follow this rule.

If you copy an image or picture from another site, please provide a link to the original source or the picture will be removed.

Be courteous to the work of others.
Thank you.

Thanks.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!
Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Jash, than you for bringing that forward and your insight about her names. I looked at the journal, and I felt like I was prying into a little girl's diary. Just heartbreaking. These are the kinds of tragedies that no matter what happens, there will never be enough justice to make it all rational. And too I feel for the first responders that have to see these heartbreaks in the eye. I don't know how they do it.

As I read some of her words from her journal, I felt such sorrow. What a delightful young lady Ilona was, intelligent, beautiful and so young. The three of them go way back to those teenage days. Ilona and Gianni were planning to marry even back then. It comforts me to think they're still all together having fantastic adventures someplace else.

Has it been released where Ilona and Sal were found in the car? Was he in the driver seat? Was she in the passenger seat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member