CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't follow this case anymore, too many of them. Going to take a break.
Later all.

Haven't been following this case too closely but I did take a look this morning at RSO's in the immediate area. One lives 0.24 miles from the area Hassani is said to have vanished from http://www.familywatchdog.us/ShowList.asp
His conviction was LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS ACTS WITH CHILD UNDER 14 YEARS.
There are several RSO's in that immediate area but this guy SPH is the closest.

I dread checking on Hassani's case, cause I keep expecting the next headline to read...'Body of Missing Child Found'.

I sure hope we are all wrong. Good wishes for Hassani, wherever he is. :blowkiss:

Haven't been following this case too closely but I did take a look this morning at RSO's in the immediate area. One lives 0.24 miles from the area Hassani is said to have vanished from http://www.familywatchdog.us/ShowList.asp
His conviction was LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS ACTS WITH CHILD UNDER 14 YEARS.
There are several RSO's in that immediate area but this guy SPH is the closest.

I wonder when he vanished?

One thing that is puzzling me : authorities are still saying "no significant clues" in Hassani's disappearance, but they aren't calling it a kidnapping, they are calling it a missing persons case. Makes me think there ARE some clues?
Or is it just SOP to call it a missing persons case?

I am reserving judgement on the foster parents. As a working parent of small children myself I find the father's story believable, in all details. I always refrain from talking on my cell while driving; if I thought my child would have trouble walking and I really thought he would be safe, I would leave him for a few seconds while we opened the closest door to him. The pictures of Hassani show me a boy who was truly loved and cared for. To me, the foster parents' reactions and demeanor are similar to what my own would be. In retrospect, when the worst of all nightmares had truly occurred, I would never be able to forgive myself and blame myself every second of every day -- I wouldn't be looking into cameras, I would not feel very composed but would try to hide it because I am a private and generally composed person, and probably half this board would think I was guilty because I would feel guilty in my heart for being in a hurry and making a series of choices that led to my son's abduction.

The part that worries me the most: if Hassani is still alive, he is not getting his medication, as one of the latest articles said he needed, and also that he may not "do well" when he is under stress. This case unfortunately really reminds of Adji Desir -- someone(s) may be preying on disabled children, which is a truly horrifying thought.

I am reserving judgement on the foster parents. As a working parent of small children myself I find the father's story believable, in all details. I always refrain from talking on my cell while driving; if I thought my child would have trouble walking and I really thought he would be safe, I would leave him for a few seconds while we opened the closest door to him. The pictures of Hassani show me a boy who was truly loved and cared for. To me, the foster parents' reactions and demeanor are similar to what my own would be. In retrospect, when the worst of all nightmares had truly occurred, I would never be able to forgive myself and blame myself every second of every day -- I wouldn't be looking into cameras, I would not feel very composed but would try to hide it because I am a private and generally composed person, and probably half this board would think I was guilty because I would feel guilty in my heart for being in a hurry and making a series of choices that led to my son's abduction.

The part that worries me the most: if Hassani is still alive, he is not getting his medication, as one of the latest articles said he needed, and also that he may not "do well" when he is under stress. This case unfortunately really reminds of Adji Desir -- someone(s) may be preying on disabled children, which is a truly horrifying thought.

The foster parents were doing so much towards his development,and seem to have put so much effort into helping him, it is hard to imagine them hurting him.

I feel a little guilty for picking apart every single detail, every possible bit of "body language" that might indicate the foster parents did something to him.

If someone had said OJ or Scott Peterson were innocent, I would have been up in arms; but I can't feel that definite about Ross or Campbell.

I hope Hassani comes back safe, but it sure doesn't look good at this point.

Loreet and Columbo, I agree with both of you. I guess when the inconsistencies come in is when I start to question the story. There are many things that don't make much sense, but I suppose could be explained away. The one I have the most trouble getting past is the fact that Hassani disappeared into thin air within a matter of a couple minutes. If LR had said it'd been even ten minutes, maybe. But only a couple minutes for a handicapped boy to either walk away or for someone to have been able to get him from the car and carry him away? Just doesn't seem possible.

I dread checking on Hassani's case, cause I keep expecting the next headline to read...'Body of Missing Child Found'.

I sure hope we are all wrong. Good wishes for Hassani, wherever he is. :blowkiss:

Just wanted to say ditto. Where are you Hassani??

The foster parents were doing so much towards his development,and seem to have put so much effort into helping him, it is hard to imagine them hurting him.

I feel a little guilty for picking apart every single detail, every possible bit of "body language" that might indicate the foster parents did something to him.

If someone had said OJ or Scott Peterson were innocent, I would have been up in arms; but I can't feel that definite about Ross or Campbell.

I hope Hassani comes back safe, but it sure doesn't look good at this point.

I hear where you're coming from, but accidents do happen and people react in strange ways. I, too, am reserving judgement, but I just thought I'd toss that out there.

Loreet and Columbo, I agree with both of you. I guess when the inconsistencies come in is when I start to question the story. There are many things that don't make much sense, but I suppose could be explained away. The one I have the most trouble getting past is the fact that Hassani disappeared into thin air within a matter of a couple minutes. If LR had said it'd been even ten minutes, maybe. But only a couple minutes for a handicapped boy to either walk away or for someone to have been able to get him from the car and carry him away? Just doesn't seem possible.

I know what you mean.
It happened too fast to believe that a stranger did it.

The trial for the Aarone Thompson case is going on right now in Denver and the news is streaming updates. Allen is a detective on the stand this am and the quote he made was something the stepmom's brother said to him:

Allen believes that since Lowe was eight months pregnant, family would be visiting soon so they had to come up with a something fast.

"It's going to be hard for Shely and Big A to explain it so they made up the story," Allen said

Eerily similar to this case . . . .

I hear where you're coming from, but accidents do happen and people react in strange ways. I, too, am reserving judgement, but I just thought I'd toss that out there.

That is so true, WhyaDuck?. Even the best people make mistakes, accidents happen, etc. At first I was quick to think that the foster parents were involved, but now I'm not so sure.

I can't follow this case anymore, too many of them. Going to take a break.
Later all.

I know ohiogirl, it just breaks your heart. I said I couldn't follow another missing child case and yet I keep coming back day after day to check on all of them. Find some peace and come back soon.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/20390807/detail.html

Drop him off anywhere. My son he wouldn't realize; he wouldn't remember you,” said Ross. "People have come in and out of his life all his life. Drop him off, let him go, don't harm him. And you know what? I will leave it like that. The biggest thing I'm having a hard time with is I screwed up."

That is so true, WhyaDuck?. Even the best people make mistakes, accidents happen, etc. At first I was quick to think that the foster parents were involved, but now I'm not so sure.

Columbo, I also suspend any judgements about caregivers when a child goes missing. I neither think of them as suspects nor innocent...I just keep them in mind.

I can't exempt either one of them in this case from scrutiny until LE comes out and clears them.

I have tried to follow this as closely as I can, has LE made any statements yet that you know of? TIA, I know I might have missed it.

LR was on Nancy Grace last night? Does anyone happen to have a link to the interview?

Columbo, I also suspend any judgements about caregivers when a child goes missing. I neither think of them as suspects nor innocent...I just keep them in mind.

I can't exempt either one of them in this case from scrutiny until LE comes out and clears them.

I have tried to follow this as closely as I can, has LE made any statements yet that you know of? TIA, I know I might have missed it.
bolded by me
Hi, Kat! The only thing I am aware of LE saying is that they have "no signficant clues" and "it is a missing persons case", not an abduction; while Ross is saying that it is an abduction. I'm not sure why LE won't call it an abduction...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member