CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) is a rapid transit system serving the San Francisco Bay Area. The heavy-rail public transit system connects San Francisco with cities in the East Bay and suburbs in northern San Mateo County. BART operates five lines on 104 miles (167 km) of track with 43 stations in four counties. With average weekday ridership of 346,504 passengers,[1] BART is the fifth busiest heavy rail rapid transit system in the United States.

BART is operated by the San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District, a special-purpose transit district formed in 1957 covering San Francisco, Alameda, and Contra Costa Counties. The name BART is an acronym and is pronounced as a word, not as individual letters. In some ways, BART is a successor to the Key System, which ran streetcars across the lower deck of the San Francisco Bay Bridge until 1958.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bay_Area_Rapid_Transit

They run at a maximum speed of 80 MPH, so if a child were to fall off the platform onto the tracks...

Chart suggests:

Hassani is WEST / NORTHWEST in/near WATER, 'in the near neighborhood' within 10 miles of home (possibly as little as 3-6 miles).

The area I suggested yesterday - the canal/river running under Ardenwood Blvd is NW of their home and very close . . . .

IIRC, in the video that was being discussed at the end of the last thread, it was mentioned that LR was the one who convinced JC to take Hasanni into their home and that he (LR) had been raised in the same environment.

I take that to mean he was raised by family (possibly an aunt).

Before I forget, the BMW is a 2002 BMW 745 according to warrant. (Not sure if navigation would be standard on that model).

Also, when did they buy the house? Did they buy it before Hasanni and Aaliyah came to live with them?

Before I forget, the BMW is a 2002 BMW 745 according to warrant. (Not sure if navigation would be standard on that model).

Also, when did they buy the house? Did they buy it before Hasanni and Aaliyah came to live with them?

I was under the impression that they bought the house in Nov. 2008 --I think there was something in the real estate ad that showed that month and year. If Hasanni and Aaliyah have been with them for 9 mos (is that right?) then they must have purchased it around the time they took the kids in.

I just wondered whether they had to have the home first before they could become foster parents. I would think they would need to have established home? IDK

ETA: Regardless of which came first, the kids or the house, the house was approved by the foster program, right?

OT but YEAH! Here's to page 2!

My teeny laptop screen did not like that page. Had to scroll up, down and all around to read posts! :)

I just wondered whether they had to have the home first before they could become foster parents. I would think they would need to have established home? IDK

ETA: Regardless of which came first, the kids or the house, the house was approved by the foster program, right?

Right. And those stairs are a danger to any child in that home.

Maybe they put baby gates up for the home inspection and have now taken them down? (since they no longer have any children in the home) IDK

Right. And those stairs are a danger to any child in that home.

Maybe they put baby gates up for the home inspection and have now taken them down? (since they no longer have any children in the home) IDK

I knew a foster family that took on a sibling group of 4. Their house was full of all sorts of hazards. I often wondered about it. They were approved for the children, 2 of which were special needs. Apparently they overlooked the stairs, lack of gates, plug covers, etc. This couple went on to adopt these children, they have thrived and are now all in college or graduated. These children were not resented. They simply felt their children were grown and they had the time to help children in need.

I think it just depends on how thorough the case worker is. In the family I know, the foster father was a convicted felon for drug trafficking. I believe he served about 10 years in prison (in his 30's), so it wasn't some small matter. Mind you this particular couple were seniors and had become very religious in their senior years. I imagine they took the changes the foster/adoptive father made in his life through the years into consideration, but who knows, maybe they just didn't worry about it.

On paper, if you looked at these foster parents, any of us would say NO way.
I myself was always suspicious about this guy with his history. I figured he was doing it for the foster money, until they went through hell trying to adopt the kids (which meant losing the foster payments.)

I would imagine that the case worker in Hasanni's case saw a pretty house and figured these people have the means to care for this sibling group and get the case closed as quickly as possible. I imagine it was just sloppy casework.

Originally Posted by Soulscape View Post
Momtective, how far in miles from (A) the home to (C) auto parts store?

Chart suggests:

Hassani is WEST / NORTHWEST in/near WATER, 'in the near neighborhood' within 10 miles of home (possibly as little as 3-6 miles).

VENUS in CANCER: WATER. LOWLANDS. Reservoirs, wells, cisterns, fountains, pools, marshes, ditches, moats, canals, waterways & run-offs, rivers & their banks, Lakes, ponds, hydrants & plumbing lines.

DEATH in PISCES: WATER. LOWLANDS. Swamps, sinkholes, 'where waterfowls & fish reside.' NORTHWEST.

DEATH disposited by JUPITER in Aquarius: ground changed in character. Examples: from agricultural to residential; residential to commercial; commercial to industrial. Reclaimed ground due to irrigation or deserts opened to homesteaders. Near transportation facilities and/or new modern buildings. NORTHWEST.

Thanks,
Soulscape
I posted some maps in the astros thread but this area right here really stands out to me. Also the Alameda creek area.

areaofconcern.jpg

distancefromhome17mi.jpg

Momtective - That's right near the area I posted about (the canal/river that runs under Ardenwood Blvd) I don't know why it keeps sticking out at me. We could be on to something with this area . . . .

I knew a foster family that took on a sibling group of 4. Their house was full of all sorts of hazards. I often wondered about it. They were approved for the children, 2 of which were special needs. Apparently they overlooked the stairs, lack of gates, plug covers, etc. This couple went on to adopt these children, they have thrived and are now all in college or graduated. These children were not resented. They simply felt their children were grown and they had the time to help children in need.

I think it just depends on how thorough the case worker is. In the family I know, the foster father was a convicted felon for drug trafficking. I believe he served about 10 years in prison (in his 30's), so it wasn't some small matter. Mind you this particular couple were seniors and had become very religious in their senior years. I imagine they took the changes the foster/adoptive father made in his life through the years into consideration, but who knows, maybe they just didn't worry about it.

I myself was always suspicious about this guy with his history. I figured he was doing it for the foster money, until they went through hell trying to adopt the kids (which meant losing the foster payments.)

I would imagine that the case worker in Hasanni's case saw a pretty house and figured these people have the means to care for this sibling group and get the case closed as quickly as possible. I imagine it was just sloppy casework.
We were a foster family for about 20 years. Every state is different. Initially the Health Dept comes out and checks for hazards ,lead paint,proper sewage and water,etc.The fire dept comes once a year to check smoke detectors,fire escape plan and fire extinguisher in the kitchen.Anyone in the home 18 or older has fingerprints done,a SlED check[criminal record] and all occupants have a physical done.Many hours of training and home visits before approval. If a child is in your home the child's caseworker does a home visit once a month. Foster parents have to have ongoing training hours each year to keep their liscence.
As I said,all states are different and they may make exceptions for family members .I know there is a huge nationwide push to keep kids within the family if at all possible. Often you know in your heart it's not always a good place for them,but it's "Policy".

I'm not sure what the underground river/canal is. There is a canal running btw the park and the subdivision. That area was searched with the dogs.

Catching up a little slowly this morning...

I am going to repost my questions that have no bearing on anything:

Do we know if Ross is a US citizen (it says he is on his resume, but I'm wondering if it's true)?

Did I read that Ross went to Florida International University? Or was that for another "Ross"?

Is Ross really the "Foster Dad"? Does being a fiance automatically give him that title or did he have to "apply" with JC?

I'm not getting the feeling that JC is involved in Hasanni's disappearance (I didn't think Ross did either, at first) but I'm sort of curious if the relationship between Ross and JC is for some sort of convenience. Not that it matters in the case, but Rosses text and the later explanations of the text don't seem to match. Maybe I'm reading wrong?

I didn't think she was involved at first, not to be rude but partially because she doesn't seem bright enough to be faking the emotions (the people at the scene said she was hysterical at the store). But after the text and the neighbor saying early on that Hasanni hasn't been around in a couple of weeks I really believe he injured Hasanni on or closer to the tenth. Jennifer's emotion and hysteria may have been because she realized he was dead at in the moments Ross said he was "gone".

I also think this could be the case because there is no one that says they saw him in those days leading up to the report AND because if Jennifer is not acting like a protective mother at all. If she was truly concerned for Hasanni she would have immediately told the police about the earlier fights, the text, the issues Ross had with Hasanni's disabilities in hopes that the police could find this child alive somewhere. Instead she clams up, won't take a LDT, and goes with the kidnapping story. That to me says the priority is CYA and not find the child.

Has Hasanni's bio mom surfaced at all for comment? Did I miss that?

I'm not sure what the underground river/canal is. There is a canal running btw the park and the subdivision. That area was searched with the dogs.

If it's the one on this map it's Alameda Creek
Areasofinterest.jpg

Momtective - That's right near the area I posted about (the canal/river that runs under Ardenwood Blvd) I don't know why it keeps sticking out at me. We could be on to something with this area . . . .

I think you're right :clap: and I know SoulScape is right. I really, really think we are on to something.:woohoo:

I agree, it comes down to sloppy casework. Again!

I think that the "canal/river that runs under Ardenwood Blvd" to the East of the home on Roxie Terrace, is a railroad track.

ah yes, that is the canal on the way into union city. it is really large. I could see something happening there. I don't know that the water level is right now. It is usually pretty shallow. I have not heard of dogs in that area.

thre is an active railroad track bordering ardenwood farm backing up to Hampton Place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member