CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought about adding codes in the Who's Who but figured I'd just say "If you want to refer to someone by code, use their initials" and save myself some time.

FYI, all minors (other than the missing child) should only be referred to by their initials. So Hasanni's sister is AC from now on. I don't know her middle name or I'd have added it.

If I thought there might be a problem using someone's full name, or they were only on the fringes of this case, I only used first name, last initial.

QUOTE=Columbo;4146614]Hi Novice Seeker--welcome. Just a friendly note: we informally decided a few threads back that we needed to call Louis Ross "LR" rather than "FF" because we have a great sleuther named ForensicsFan who we call "FF". The initials caused some confusion--which was actually a bit humorous--but since it's confusing we more or less agreed that Ross should be "LR" !! Jennifer= JC, etc. :)
Glad to have you here- you are contributing interesting ideas.

My apologies. For future is the reference link where we go to get our codes for persons being discussed?
[/QUOTE]
LOL no need to apologize Novice, you're fine :)

In fact, I still throw a W in between the L and R because I was asleep during the discussion to change it to LR :wink: Hehe.

No cheat sheets for initials that are used for given and and surnames on most boards, it's just something that evolves as the thread grows.

KAT:
LOL no need to apologize Novice, you're fine :)

In fact, I still throw a W in between the L and R because I was asleep during the discussion to change it to LR :wink: Hehe.

No cheat sheets for initials that are used for given and and surnames on most boards, it's just something that evolves as the thread grows.
[/QUOTE]
Yes - when people don't get what you mean, they'll ask. No hard feelings.

(Also, the quote function seems to be rather hit or miss today... Had to manual this one.)

Also, it's Friday and the thread is at 21 pages, but I think I will wait until tomorrow night to open a new one and close this one, unless someone decides to do it earlier. It isn't growing too fast now - however, naturally, if someone else wishes to, go right ahead.

But I will do it tomorrow night, otherwise.

Hit "edit" and then "go advanced" - that should work.

Yes it did! Thank you!

BTW, I took out reference to Florida International University as LR's college because 1) it was not on his resume 2) none of the jobs on his resume were on the employment list of the LR who did go to FIU.

If anyone has a source that shows that LWRIII did go to FIU, let me know. Thanks!

Yes it did! Thank you!

BTW, I took out reference to Florida International University as LR's college because 1) it was not on his resume 2) none of the jobs on his resume were on the employment list of the LR who did go to FIU.

If anyone has a source that shows that LWRIII did go to FIU, let me know. Thanks!

I couldn't find anything either. I forgot, where did we get the idea he went there?

I'll find the post. I have a pretty good idea where it is from the notes I was taking while doing the WW.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA - Hasanni Campbell - General Case Discussion - Thread #2

But it was then pointed out that he would have only been 11.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/louis-ross/4/373/3bb (from this)

I think the end result is that I've just shown this LR is not the LWRIII we are talking about!

ETA: But I don't know if there was some other source that said he went there. Is it just me or is it odd that he doesn't have where he attended college on his résumé?

Hi All I've Been very busy and have just caught up totally on the posts. I come look in see whats going on and get back to my " list ". (of things I must complete before Tuesday), Company coming gotta get the guest room up to par.

I have a theory on why LE believes 'Little Man never made it to Oakland.

We here at WS do not know for sure what time LR was seen at Pick Your Part.

Could it be that the employee confirmed there was a child crying in the car but, not HC ( as we have all speculated anyway).

Lets say LR was at the PYP @ 2:45 p.m. if he did not have HC with him ( Not enough time to have went back home to get him ) and still be @ Shuz to cry " kidnapping " and call 911, by 4:18 p.m. on the 10th of Aug. There may also be other video of his vehicle on the route there confirming no stopping to pick-up HC.

Also I would bet that PYP does have video, they should have ability to take pics of license plate and car along with time stamping. These days I just would be surprised if a Junk Yard of that size wouldn't have lots of video surveillance. What with people walking around to retrieve there own parts and just the auto theft problem in CA.

Thus, If there is video at PYP, it would be time stamped. It may show only 1 child in the car. and still ( Not enough time to have went back home to get him ) and still be @ Shuz to cry " kidnapping " and call 911, by 4:18 p.m. on the 10th of Aug.

The news story I read said he was at PYP in the morning.

Additionally, two workers at an auto salvage yard in Hayward reported seeing Ross and Hasanni in the BMW that same morning.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/20467597/detail.html

If Hasanni was not in the vehicle in the morning, where was he? LR only admitted to leaving him home "for 5 minutes while he ran to the bank" ...

ETA: Not sure how reliable any of the testimony from the PYP workers is as far as IDing LR or who was with him (and at what time). Unless there is some surveillance video on which they at least saw the car.

PRB, your talk about Hasanni not being on video made something click in my head (marbles probably) and someone had posted a video in which LE said Hasanni wasn't on any surveillance videos they had looked at.

I didn't watch it because I was working on the list. Does anyone remember it? I'll try to find it again.

Thanks to NotMyKids http://cbs5.com/video/?id=54310@kpix.dayport.com

The news story I read said he was at PYP in the morning.

Additionally, two workers at an auto salvage yard in Hayward reported seeing Ross and Hasanni in the BMW that same morning.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/20467597/detail.html

If Hasanni was not in the vehicle in the morning, where was he? LR only admitted to leaving him home "for 5 minutes while he ran to the bank" ...

ETA: Not sure how reliable any of the testimony from the PYP workers is as far as IDing LR or who was with him (and at what time). Unless there is some surveillance video on which they at least saw the car.

I thought the report was that there was a child crying in the car--I think maybe media jumped to the conclusion that it was Hasanni? I don't think there is any actual proof or statement available to us as to who the crying child was, HC or AC, or the number of children in the car.

Should we allow discussion in the Who's Who thread? It is likely there would be some, but it almost seems better to discuss it here ... more visitors and input.

I'm the kind of person who likes the Who's Who to just be that but with others that I've done, I've found people like to discuss the entries so I'm willing to go with the majority ...

Thanks so much Noway for a great Who's Who thread. I have it saved in my file and use it often. I had no idea there were so many people involved. Using initials gets confusing so I refer and update your wonderful thread often. thanks again. :blowkiss:

August 20 update from Jeff Thomason (Oakland PD spokesman at the time).

Although he said they have searched north Oakland, Fremont and Hayward, I didn't hear anything about Hasanni not being on surveillance.

Reporter asked whether the dogs had picked up Hasanni's scent in the lot, and JT responded with "I have no idea what the search dogs did" or something close to that.

He said "I don't know" a lot. IMO

I didn't realize the search warrant was supposed to be sealed. I wonder how it got leaked to the public.

I thought the report was that there was a child crying in the car--I think maybe media jumped to the conclusion that it was Hasanni? I don't think there is any actual proof or statement available to us as to who the crying child was, HC or AC, or the number of children in the car.

I am lost as to why he went to the PYP yard to begin with. Who leaves children in a car for a trip like that? It's not like he ran into a store and paid for gas, he had to hunt down a car part (supposedly).

Can he be charged with child endangerment for running to the bank and leaving the alone at home and leaving them in the car at PYP? Since LR admitted these things happened, could they hold him in jail? (Are the child endangerment laws strong enough to put someone in jail?)

(I don't think Hasanni was at PYP, jmo.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500