CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chief Batts: Hasanni Campbell Case Still A High Priority

Posted: 8:26 pm PDT March 25,2010

OAKLAND, Calif. -- At a monthly hearing to discuss the Oakland Police Department’s battle to reduce crime in the troubled city, Chief Anthony Batts said the investigation into the disappearance of Hasanni Campbell more than seven months ago "continues to be a priority" for the department.

Batts said, "There are some leads we're following up on and I hope they lead to a conclusion soon."

More at:
http://www.ktvu.com/news/22960723/detail.html

OPD Chief: Crime Rate Down 'Significantly'

Asked about one of the city's most publicized possible crimes, Batts said the investigation into the disappearance of Hasanni Campbell more than seven months ago "continues to be a priority" for the department.

Batts said, "There are some leads we're following up on and I hope they lead to a conclusion soon."

Deputy Chief Jeffrey Israel said the department recently partnered with the Alameda County sheriff's search and rescue team to try to find Hasanni, who has cerebral palsy, but was unable to locate him.

Israel declined to say what area was searched. Previously there were several other unsuccessful searches for Hasanni. Some were conducted by law enforcement officials and some were conducted by volunteers.

http://cbs5.com/crime/oakland.crime.rate.2.1590806.html

It is encouraging to know that searches are ongoing for our little man.

Rummage sale to benefit continued search for Hasanni Campbell

By Kristin Bender
Oakland Tribune
Posted: 03/26/2010 04:52:29 PM PDT
Updated: 03/26/2010 04:52:29 PM PDT0

OAKLAND — The Citizens for the Lost Society is holding a fundraising rummage sale April 10 to raise money to continue the search for a missing Fremont boy who has not been seen in eight months.

The rummage sale is from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. April 10 at the College Avenue Presbyterian Church, 5951 College Ave. in Oakland. The group also will hold a barbecue and release 243 balloons — one for each day the boy has been missing — at 4:15 p.m. April 10.

Anyone interested in donating items for the rummage sale can call Wayne Slack at 510-414-8064 for pickup. Items also may be dropped off at The Citizens for the Lost Society office at 15976 E. 14th St. in San Leandro on weekdays between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. until April 9.

Donations also may be dropped off at The College Avenue Presbyterian Church the day before the sale only — April 9.

A monthly vigil has been held on the 10th of each month since the boy went missing. For more information...

more at:
http://www.insidebayarea.com/top-stories/ci_14766287?

It is encouraging to know that searches are ongoing for our little man.

It is encouraging to know that searches continue for Hasanni. My biggest wish is that whoever has the information that leads to Hasanni's recovery comes forward.

This is JMO... I wish Hasanni's family were more involved with the search efforts.

Good news indeed that the searches continue, and about the planned rummage sale. I'm still praying that the efforts lead to Hasanni.........:praying:

Still praying for you little man...you still have many people searching for you and thinking about you every day!

Now that they've split up, I agree. I'd also like to know why he moved to Arizona and what caused the breakup. MOO

I wouldn't be surprised if tension over the murder of Hasanni broke them up. Can you imagine living with the knowledge that your significant other murdered a child? And constantly wondering what he might do to your baby?

As far as why he moved away....didn't this seem to be a pattern with him? Early in the case, it seems like websleuthers did a lot of research and he got into trouble in Baltimore ( something about animal abuse, and he was banned from being near schools, as I recall) and moved out here....then wasn't he in AZ before he moved to the Bay Area (or Monterey)? He can't help himself: wherever he is, he wreaks havoc and then flies away.

http://www.azleg.gov/arizonarevisedstatutes.asp?title=13

Article 5
Uniform Criminal Extradition Act

13-3842 Fugitives from justice; duty of governor

13-3842. Fugitives from justice; duty of governor
Subject to the provisions of this article, the provisions of the Constitution of the United States controlling, and any and all acts of Congress enacted in pursuance thereof, it is the duty of the governor of this state to have arrested and delivered up to the executive authority of any other state of the United States any person charged in that state with treason, felony, or other crime, who has fled from justice and is found in this state.

He can run, but he can't hide. I hope they knew exactly where he is.

I wouldn't be surprised if tension over the murder of Hasanni broke them up. Can you imagine living with the knowledge that your significant other murdered a child? And constantly wondering what he might do to your baby?

As far as why he moved away....didn't this seem to be a pattern with him? Early in the case, it seems like websleuthers did a lot of research and he got into trouble in Baltimore ( something about animal abuse, and he was banned from being near schools, as I recall) and moved out here....then wasn't he in AZ before he moved to the Bay Area (or Monterey)? He can't help himself: wherever he is, he wreaks havoc and then flies away.
Yes I can see how this could lead to the break up ~ but *if* she knows he killed Hasanni, how can she live with herself not telling LE ~ and if he could be prosecuted, convicted and sent to prison what would she have to worry about in telling them? I also recall he has a pattern of moving around a lot so I'm not all that surprised he moved away. I just hope sometime soon he's back in California as a guest of the state. MOO

Yes I can see how this could lead to the break up ~ but *if* she knows he killed Hasanni, how can she live with herself not telling LE ~ and if he could be prosecuted, convicted and sent to prison what would she have to worry about in telling them? I also recall he has a pattern of moving around a lot so I'm not all that surprised he moved away. I just hope sometime soon he's back in California as a guest of the state. MOO

Italicized and bolded by me.

Good question; she may be having a hard time living with herself if she does know he killed Hasanni. If she knows anything at all about it, it must be weighing badly on her conscience...assuming she has one....Or maybe he has somehow threatened her so she fears turning him in--made her think her life's in danger even if he is locked up?

I hope he will be back here as a guest of the State, soon, too.

Thinking of you today, Hasanni, and every day for the last 8 months ~ :rose:

Holding Out Hope for Hasanni
Rummage sale held to help continue searches for missing Fremont boy

It’s been eight months since he disappeared and even though few clues have surfaced in the case of Hasanni Campbell, there’s still hope he will be found.

Members of the group Citizens for the Lost Society have never given up the search for Hasanni. The small group gathered at an Oakland church Saturday to hold a rummage sale to help raise money to continue the searches for the boy, who would be 6 now. The group formed as a direct result of Hasanni's disappearance but aims to raise awareness and financial support for all missing kids and adults.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local-beat/Holding-Out-Hope-for-Hasanni-90535994.html

I"m so glad that Hasanni isn't forgotten in the community where he disappeared.

I'm thinking of you little buddy. Come home soon.

Has LWR popped up anywhere in searches? He must be laying low. I"m not finding him.

with mothers day right around the corner, i wish you were home little man...

Little man - can't stop thinking about you and how you should be laughing and playing but ............ where are you little man??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500