CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #8

San Leandro spa hosts benefit to raise money to continue search for Hasanni Campbell

By Kristin Bender
Oakland Tribune
Posted: 09/03/2010 04:21:36 PM PDT

SAN LEANDRO -- Elisa Aguilera's daughter was 17 when she was shot to death in December of 2008. The teen's 19-year-old boyfriend was arrested and later convicted of her murder. Last week, Armando Vera was sentenced to 21 years in prison for the slaying of Melissa Lopez, Aguilera said.

The loss of a child to violence is a pain few parents can comprehend. So to honor the memory of her daughter, Aguilera, the owner of Elle Salon and Spa in San Leandro, is hosting a fundraiser Sunday to support the organization working to find Hasanni Campbell -- the Fremont boy who went missing more than a year ago.

Between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Sunday, the salon will have raffles, a barbecue, beauty treatments and beauty supplies available for purchase, children's activities and free popcorn. Men's haircuts will be available for $10. The salon is at 197 Pelton Center Way in San Leandro. For more information, call 510-352-7445. Aguilera is donating all proceeds from Sunday to the CFL Society.

(snipped)

More at:
http://www.insidebayarea.com/news/ci_15986844

Thanks Ducky Dude (or Dudette).

I put it up on my facebook. Although I only know one person in CA.

Is there any other way to contribute?

2e2qmw7.jpg

Thanks Ducky Dude (or Dudette).

I put it up on my facebook. Although I only know one person in CA.

Is there any other way to contribute?

The Citizens for the Lost website doesn't have a donation option, and I don't know what other options there are.

If anyone comes across something along these lines, please post.

That is such a sadistic thing to do!

Poor Hassani...where are you little man???

I believe the FBI can find out who posted that with the help of FB founder. So glad you guys are on top of this..how terrible for that person to write such a thing..I hope they find the crud who wrote that...JMHO

Where is Hassani???

Just thinking about Hasanni today. I get very sad for him when I post missing persons threads (mostly just their flyer so hopefully it's one more place that others might see them, here at WS) and there are just so many. So many that have been gone decades and decades. Today I was looking at a missing woman, and even though her adoptive son actually recanted a statement saying that he had murdered her because they couldn't locate her remains---he walks free---and she is still missing.

I really hope that isn't the case here. I hope and pray that someone will find Hasanni one day. Just posted because I was thinking about him. :(

Hasanni -little man where are you?

That disgusting FB page is still active.

Can't recall if someone already posted this, so I'll put it up, anyway, to bump for our little man.

Drummond: A year later, no word on missing Fremont boy

By Tammerlin Drummond
Oakland Tribune columnist
Posted: 08/10/2010 05:34:08 PM PDT
Updated: 08/11/2010 11:34:34 AM PDT

Hasanni Campbell was never in Oakland on Aug. 10, 2009.

The story that his foster parents, Louis Ross and Jennifer Campbell, told police about the 5-year-old Fremont boy mysteriously disappearing from a storefront driveway in Rockridge? A fabrication. At least that's what the Oakland Police Department says. Police officials have maintained that Ross killed the disabled child who suffers from cerebral palsy and wears leg braces, and then filed a false police report to cover his tracks. On Tuesday, the anniversary of Hasanni's disappearance, lead investigator Gus Galindo said police still believe that Hasanni met foul play at Ross' hands.

One big problem: The police haven't been able to prove their accusations -- not to the district attorney's satisfaction, at least. A few weeks after Hasanni disappeared, police arrested Ross and Campbell on suspicion of murder. The district attorney tossed the case, ruling that the evidence wasn't strong enough against the pair to support murder charges.

Since then, police officials insist that Hasanni's disappearance remains a high priority for the department, and that investigators are working with the district attorney to bolster their case against Ross, who remains the primary suspect. Yet there have still been no arrests and no new information about Hasanni's fate, at least none that has been released to the public.

The child's foster parents have left the state.

More at:
http://www.insidebayarea.com/ci_15735070

I'm just seeing this for the first time today. My ex husband used to work with one of the facebook founders and one of the top executives, and as far as I know he is still in close contact with them both. My ex isn't exactly the most cooperative person lol but I will email him right now to ask if he will contact Chris and or Ben to do something about this site.

Quoting myself here but just want to let you all know that I haven't heard a word from my ex about the email I sent to him. That makes me sad :(

I was thinking of Hasanni today and saw this Facebook thing. I am so shocked that this would even be allowed on there. I am honestly disgusted. I hope someone has reported this and the sick person that started it will be looked at by LE. You just do not do this sort of sick thing regardless.

I am thinking of you, Hassani! You are loved and worried about by many people.

I was thinking of Hasanni today and saw this Facebook thing. I am so shocked that this would even be allowed on there. I am honestly disgusted. I hope someone has reported this and the sick person that started it will be looked at by LE. You just do not do this sort of sick thing regardless.

I am thinking of you, Hassani! You are loved and worried about by many people.

It's been reported by a couple of us on here, but it's still there. Clearly, FB just doesn't care. Sad.

Did you all contact local LE investigating Hasanni's case?

The reason I ask is because I stumbled across a facebook page for a young lady that has been missing a couple decades and it was posted as if it were her. I called LE to report it and it took a bit but when I checked back this week it the account had been deleted.

This facebook page has an entry stating that Hasanni is in this persons basement. LE would want to have a look at it and figure out who created it (more than likely a kid or teen) and shut it down. JMHO

Did you all contact local LE investigating Hasanni's case?

The reason I ask is because I stumbled across a facebook page for a young lady that has been missing a couple decades and it was posted as if it were her. I called LE to report it and it took a bit but when I checked back this week it the account had been deleted.

This facebook page has an entry stating that Hasanni is in this persons basement. LE would want to have a look at it and figure out who created it (more than likely a kid or teen) and shut it down. JMHO

Columbo called it in: Back a page or two (Post #32) ... and still the FB page is still there.

eta: I have reported it to FB at least 5 times now

I could not find it. On a side note, does anyone know the LE theory here? I live relatively close and never hear anything about this case.

I could not find it. On a side note, does anyone know the LE theory here? I live relatively close and never hear anything about this case.
As far as I can tell, LE suspects the foster father, with the foster mom/aunt as an accomplice after the fact. They made arrests along these lines, but didn't have the evidence to pursue it. The foster parents have since split up and moved to separate states, but LE seems to be confident in that theory.

We are assured that the case is still a priority for the Oakland PD.

IMO, they are waiting to recover Hasanni's remains. :(

I also live relatively close and never hear anything at all. I get my news on the case here, from WhyaDuck! I agree with WhyaDuck above as far as LE's theory.

Just thinking of Hasanni today. Wishing they would solve this case.

Investigators Descend on Fremont
By LORI PREUITT
Updated 2:45 PM PDT, Tue, Oct 19, 2010

Dozens of police investigators have descended on a remote area of Fremont Tuesday after hikers discovered some human remains over the weekend.

There are several missing person's cases in the Bay Area. None appear to fit this particular find. Because they say it isn't a child, it can't be Hasani Campbell.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local-beat/Investigators-Descend-on-Fremont-105298063.html

Organization that searched for Hasanni Campbell trying to start camp

By Kristin Bender
Oakland Tribune
Posted: 10/19/2010 06:06:01 PM PDT
Updated: 10/19/2010 06:06:01 PM PDT

OAKLAND -- A nonprofit organization that has led searches, candlelight vigils and fundraisers for missing Hasanni Campbell has called off further activities to focus on starting a summer youth camp.

"There won't be more searches because the focus now needs to be moved to Maryland, where Ross is," said Sherri-Lyn Miller, co-founder of Citizens for the Lost. "The public also needs to know there is a $75,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of Hasanni's murderers."

Police have conducted searches for Hasanni in Fremont, Oakland and along the Hayward shoreline. They say they continue to pursue new leads as they come in.

"(Ross) is the viable suspect and we remain focused on him as the prime suspect,'' acting Oakland police Lt. Gus Galindo said. "We've not giving up on it. This case is something I will be living with for the rest of my life until I can get answers to the community."

More at:
http://www.insidebayarea.com/argus/localnews/ci_16380445

Have to admit, though I can see why, it hurts to hear that the search for Hasanni is basically now over. :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back