CA CA/IA - What Do Michaela Joy Garecht & Johnny Gosch have in common ?

wow, I have done alot of reading the past few days.....

I think Mom (Noreen) may have read up about this person and posted it on her site... just my opinion ..... this person is a POI in 4 or 5 other cases.....

Also, there is a picture of another boy on Noreens site... It says Unknown boy... I posted it in the un-id' section here.... but now I am not sure I should have..... I have looked at tons of missing boys from that time period, none match..... but it sounds like you are hinting maybe it is a hoax? WTH? why on earth would someone do that? maybe I just don't understand....
I did look in Statelmate last night, and the first picture on Noreen's site is of Michaela's abductor and the second is the revised sketch that police thought resembled Tim Bindner. But you can also see both pictures at Michaela's Charley Project page:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/garecht_michaela.html

Also, the pictures posted on Noreen's site on March 04, 2007 look like they're stills from a movie. In fact, in the top right hand corner, it looks like it says "Stereo 2." The young boy looks like the child actor Joshua Gordon Levitt, who is now about 26, 27 years old. I think those are images from a movie, not of an abused boy.

Hmmmmm

I have a lot spinning in my mind about this.

I am one who believes *some* conspiracy theories Or shall I put it this way I have a open mind
You would be suprised at what I Think about, put it this way enough to type something out and then delete it all , Just in case, just in case any of what is said is true in anyway, referring to various things ...

So the pictures are supposed to be fake ? Suzi Q ? as in who would take them ? or is that a real boy but not Johnny ?

I thought one of the other boys was confirmed in the photo of 3 ?

And yes BeavisMom I read also that he apparently escaped and saw her but went back in fear....

I was just shocked that there i was googling away and reading up on missing persons and saw a photo and then saw another photo some hours later of the SAME person as being an abductor.

Sorry, I should have clarified. The pic was not of Johnny. IIRC, and I could be remembering wrong, that the pic was from another case the Feds handled. Another pic that was taken from another case and brought into this one....see a pattern? I hate to say anything bad about Noreen because what she's gone through is absolute hell. But it's been insinuated by some that the picture of the boy(s) tied up was not mysteriously delivered to her. That she herself was behind that.

Also, the pictures posted on Noreen's site on March 04, 2007 look like they're stills from a movie. In fact, in the top right hand corner, it looks like it says "Stereo 2." The young boy looks like the child actor Joshua Gordon Levitt, who is now about 26, 27 years old. I think those are images from a movie, not of an abused boy.

Well that could be. It's been a long time since I've had to fire up my memory cells on this case. Do you recall specifically what was said about Noreen being behind the pics publication to begin with?

Sorry, I should have clarified. The pic was not of Johnny. IIRC, and I could be remembering wrong, that the pic was from another case the Feds handled. Another pic that was taken from another case and brought into this one....see a pattern? I hate to say anything bad about Noreen because what she's gone through is absolute hell. But it's been insinuated by some that the picture of the boy(s) tied up was not mysteriously delivered to her. That she herself was behind that.

So her boy WAS abducted but all this other stuff is not true ??? :eek:

To really grasp Johnny's story, you should go back and read his threads in the Cold Case forum. There is a lot of info in there... and our Dr. Doogie knows a lot if something confuses you.

To really grasp Johnny's story, you should go back and read his threads in the Cold Case forum. There is a lot of info in there... and our Dr. Doogie knows a lot if something confuses you.
I have to 2nd this...seriously, once Dr. D got involved it started shedding a WHOLE new light on this case in an amazing way. If you've seen his work with other cases on here, then you know what an amazing person he is. I keep hoping he'll be able to give another update soon.

I have to 2nd this...seriously, once Dr. D got involved it started shedding a WHOLE new light on this case in an amazing way. If you've seen his work with other cases on here, then you know what an amazing person he is. I keep hoping he'll be able to give another update soon.

Doogie is a master researcher! He has a passion for his cases that go above and beyond.

Jeez, guys! I am embarrased now because of the nice things being said about me. I will have to show my wife these comments next time she yells at me for "screwing around on the computer". :blushing:

This info has been passed on to the Hayward investigator in charge of the Garecht case. There has been an alleged identification of the man in the composite based on a tipster involved with the Gosch case including a name. I have researched this man and he was in Omaha, NE when Johnny was kidnapped in 1982 and was in CA when Michaela was kidnapped in 1988. He also had a vehicle that seems to match the car seen in the Garecht kidnapping.

That being said, he also has no known criminal record or any indication of being a predator. On the surface, he seems to be just an average guy living a middle-class suburban life. Something may lie underneath that surface, but I have yet to find it.

I have not heard anything back from Hayward LE - probably because there was a new investigator assigned to the case recently and he is trying to clear several filing cabinets worth of tips that have remained unchecked for decades. This tip was probably just tossed into that same pile to be looked at once earlier tips have been exhausted.

Meanwhile, I continue to try to follow this lead. There are three men who have first-hand knowledge of this case (or, at least, claim to): Paul Bonacci, Jimmy Gibson and David Shurter. Paul supplied the first name for the composite, David supplied the last name given to LE and Jimmy has supplied a different last name. I have had varying degrees of contact with all three men and am attempting to verify and reconcile the conflicting information.

By the way: both Paul and Jimmy claim to have been in regular and recent contact with a very-much-alive Johnny Gosch. If this is true, then Johnny may ultimately be the one to solve his own disappearance.

Jeez, guys! I am embarrased now because of the nice things being said about me. I will have to show my wife these comments next time she yells at me for "screwing around on the computer". :blushing:

This info has been passed on to the Hayward investigator in charge of the Garecht case. There has been an alleged identification of the man in the composite based on a tipster involved with the Gosch case including a name. I have researched this man and he was in Omaha, NE when Johnny was kidnapped in 1982 and was in CA when Michaela was kidnapped in 1988. He also had a vehicle that seems to match the car seen in the Garecht kidnapping.

That being said, he also has no known criminal record or any indication of being a predator. On the surface, he seems to be just an average guy living a middle-class suburban life. Something may lie underneath that surface, but I have yet to find it.

I have not heard anything back from Hayward LE - probably because there was a new investigator assigned to the case recently and he is trying to clear several filing cabinets worth of tips that have remained unchecked for decades. This tip was probably just tossed into that same pile to be looked at once earlier tips have been exhausted.

Meanwhile, I continue to try to follow this lead. There are three men who have first-hand knowledge of this case (or, at least, claim to): Paul Bonacci, Jimmy Gibson and David Shurter. Paul supplied the first name for the composite, David supplied the last name given to LE and Jimmy has supplied a different last name. I have had varying degrees of contact with all three men and am attempting to verify and reconcile the conflicting information.

By the way: both Paul and Jimmy claim to have been in regular and recent contact with a very-much-alive Johnny Gosch. If this is true, then Johnny may ultimately be the one to solve his own disappearance.

WOW

I don't know what else to say (i'll think about it and come back when i can get my chin off the floor ;) )

Well, Dr. D, IMO you've earned the good words. I've seen your work with Sharon Marshall and Anna Waters (still need to get that book) and I feel (at least for me, but I'm sure others here) that your investigative work has been thorough, and that earns trust and respect.

The last sentence caught my eye in the excerpt below. "He would not have the same appearance today." Maybe they need to do one of those age progression composites on the kidnapper the same way they do them on missing people. Somebody now 23 yrs later may actually recognize him?? You never know.

From an article:

"On November 18, 1988, Michaela's kidnapper was described as a man in his 20's, with long, dirty-blonde hair. His most outstanding characteristic was severe acne, like boils. He was driving an older, tannish-gold, full-size sedan, boxy in shape, with body damage. It is twenty years later. He would not have the same appearance

Okay, so I am a little late responding here - it only took me a year.

The lead possibly linking Johnny and Michaela is at a dead end. The POI was not eliminated, but there is little-to-no reason to believe that he had anything to do with either case other than he lived in both areas at the time of the crimes.

I have completely removed myself from any participation in the Gosch case. Unfortunately, so much myth and misinformation has been added to what is a real crime, I find it impossible to do any research of value. I now know that one of the so-called "witnesses" confessed to being just a troll with the goal of "proving" that Noreen Gosch is disturbed. In my opinion, Noreen is overly-prone to believe conspiracy theories and this has hurt the chances of getting answers about Johnny, but she is the real mother of a real boy who really disappeared - for someone to play with her emotions is disgusting.

I now believe that there is no link between Gosch and Garecht. I must admit that I am embarrassed to have given this so much time and effort when I was warned by many to avoid the Gosch case if I wanted to stay sane. I did not listen, and now I regret that decision.

Thanks Dr. Doogie! As they say no good deed goes un punished...LOL But thanks for trying to solve these cases. I completely agree about Noreen and Johnnys case. The chaos in this case makes me actually think there was a bigger power involved. Its like people have made a mess of the investigation on purpose.

I would ask that you keep trying with the Michaela case. It seems that things have been heating up on this case since Jaycee was found, and its a solvable case.

Michaela's Mother posted on her blog tonite that they did a search today, after a tip from an anonymous caller. They are now asking this person to call back with more info.

So someone knows what happened.

Thanks for the update, Dr. Doogie. I'm sad to say I think the Johnny Gosch case is unsolveable at this stage, it has attracted so many conspiracy theorists that nobody knows what to believe.

I sincerely hope Michaela's case doesn't get dragged into the same black hole of lies and lunacy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back