GUILTY CA/IL - MICHAEL GARGIULO: The Hollywood Ripper

How the case against Michael Gargiulo was built

July 08, 2011|By Andrew L. Wang, Tribune reporter

The man on the phone sounded friendly enough, and more importantly, willing to help with Cook County sheriff's Detective Lou Sala's case.

It was 2002, and Sala was investigating the killing of Tricia Pacaccio, 18, who was stabbed outside her Glenview home in 1993. Strong leads were few, and Sala was calling a list of people that previous detectives had spoken to when he found Michael Gargiulo, a former neighbor of Pacaccio's who had moved to Los Angeles.
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-07-08/news/ct-met-cold-case-sidebar-20110708_1_dna-sample-tricia-pacaccio-ashley-ellerin

Are there unsolved murders that beautiful women (large breasts?) have been stabbed "ripper-style" between Calif & Illinois circa 1993 - 2008? ( think he has been incarcerated since then)

Do you know her? Police seek woman cuddling up to 'serial killer' charged with the 2001 murder of Ashton Kutcher's girlfriend

Police in Los Angeles are seeking the whereabouts of a young woman seen in photographs with a suspected serial killer.
The woman in the pictures is hugging and kissing Michael Gargiulo, who is facing court over the knife murders of three women and the attempted murder of a fourth.

article-0-0C15823C00000578-634_306x423.jpg

article-0-0C15824000000578-662_634x561.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1387431/Michael-Gargiulo-case-Police-seek-woman-seen-cuddling-photos-suspected-serial-killer.html

You know what bothers me about the pictures? I dont think she looks particularly thrilled to be kissing him. She looks uncomfortable. JMO.

IMO from the eyes and the makeup I would say Middle Eastern or Indian heritage possibly.

And what is the deal about him possibly being at a certain address? And they don't have a date for the contact? So what is that about?

Is anyone seeing this anywhere else other than the Daily Mail? You would think it would be in LA papers..... Ok figured this part out. The link is from May 2011.

6 page article from 2010 about Gargiulo. I haven't read it yet, but it also contains the pictures of the unidentified woman.

All of the alleged killer's California victims were young, gorgeous and lived near Gargiulo or in Gargiulo's own building as he moved from neighborhood to neighborhood around Southern California. A self-proclaimed forensic expert, he allegedly bragged to friends that if he were ever made to answer questions about a crime, he'd "lie, lie until you die."
http://www.laweekly.com/2010-11-25/news/the-chiller-killer/

Good background article and presents things from the LA viewpoint

ditto
and she doesn't look 'into it'.........like she doesn't want to be kissed by him...
who took the pix?
well, what makes this guy tick?
another monster, so many anymore!:banghead:

I thought she looked in pain, like he was twisting her arm behind her back or something forcing her to do his will.

I thought she looked in pain, like he was twisting her arm behind her back or something forcing her to do his will.

Kinda odd you would put it like that. While you were posting I was reading about Tricia Pacaccio in the above article. Her arm was twisted and broken.....

Kinda odd you would put it like that. While you were posting I was reading about Tricia Pacaccio in the above article. Her arm was twisted and broken.....

Thanks for the info, I read most of the first page, but me old peepers don't do well by end of the day, especially after having a headache.

ETA: I came up with that assumption both by the awkward angle they were standing at in relation to each other plus the look on her face.

ditto
and she doesn't look 'into it'.........like she doesn't want to be kissed by him...
who took the pix?
well, what makes this guy tick?
another monster, so many anymore!:banghead:

He most likely took the pic. He is holding the phone or camera in the left hand.

Looking at the Daily Mail article there are 3 pics. One pic she is smiling and has her cheek against his chest. She is smiling. That is taken in front of a house. Second pic is them kissing. She is no longer smiling. Cropped to close to say for sure where it was taken except it is outside. Third pic, her hair is in front of her face. That looks like struggle. Eyes closed and face kinda scrunched like she is in pain. Again cropped too close to say for sure where it was taken.

These pics were put into media back in 2010 so it is very possible that LE knows who they are by now.

I could be wrong but I think the picture on the poster with her smiling was taken at a different time. It looks like she wearing a black top and the others appear to be a white top. One picture looks like her left arm is up between them and her hand is in her hair. Very awkward pose. I think he was hurting her. moo

I wonder if she was an ex-wife or ex-girlfriend...........

According to one of the articles I posted tonight he had a couple of baby mommas, and some ex girlfriends who showed up at a hearing. Some of them talked to media and let's just say they had a hard time. At least one had taken a restraining order out against him at one point.

Anybody else see a slight resemblance between the unknown girl and Maria Bruno? Like it isn't enough to confuse the two, but just a resemblance.
http://www.laweekly.com/2010-11-25/news/the-chiller-killer/2/

Michael Gargiulo cases on 48 Hrs tonight

Since this story first aired, there has been a remarkable development in the Tricia Pacaccio murder investigation.

While watching that episode of "48 Hours Mystery," a viewer -- who years earlier had worked with Michael Gargiulo at a Los Angeles nightclub -- remembered that Gargiulo had once bragged to him and others that he had killed a young woman in Chicago. "48 Hours Mystery" put that witness, along with another co-worker, in touch with Chicago authorities and shortly thereafter, a Cook County grand jury finally indicted Michael Gargiulo for Tricia's murder.

Cook County press conference: "Late yesterday we filed a criminal complaint in court charging Michael Gargiulo with first degree murder in the brutal slaying of Pacaccio."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18559_162-57393690/michael-gargiulo-the-serial-killer-next-door

While watching that episode of "48 Hours Mystery," a viewer -- who years earlier had worked with Michael Gargiulo at a Los Angeles nightclub -- remembered that Gargiulo had once bragged to him and others that he had killed a young woman in Chicago. "48 Hours Mystery" put that witness, along with another co-worker, in touch with Chicago authorities and shortly thereafter, a Cook County grand jury finally indicted Michael Gargiulo for Tricia's murder.

Cook County press conference: "Late yesterday we filed a criminal complaint in court charging Michael Gargiulo with first degree murder in the brutal slaying of Pacaccio."

It was an announcement the Pacaccio family had been waiting 18 years to hear... certainly welcome news and yet bittersweet.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18559_1...t-door/?pageNum=5&tag=contentMain;contentBody

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner
Back