CA CA - Ilene Misheloff, 13, Dublin, 30 Jan 1989

DUBLIN - A painful anniversary is coming up at the end of the month. Jan. 30 marks 27 years since the disappearance of 13-year-old Ilene Misheloff.
She vanished while walking home from Wells Middle School in Dublin. The investigation into Ilene’s disappearance continues in an effort to return her safely to her parents.
There is currently a $100,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the subject(s) responsible for Ilene’s disappearance.

A candlelight vigil and ecumenical prayer service will be held on Thursday, Jan. 28. The walk will begin at 7:00 p.m. at Wells Middle School, located at 6800 Penn Drive in Dublin, and will proceed to St. Raymond Catholic Church, 11555 Shannon Avenue, Dublin.
The public is invited to attend.
http://patch.com/california/dublin/candlelight-walk-prayer-service-planned-ilene-misheloff-0

I got brave. I emailed Ilene's mother and asked her about contacting the producers of Dateline. Hope something comes out it and that I wasn't out of line for sugggesting it.

I got brave. I emailed Ilene's mother and asked her about contacting the producers of Dateline. Hope something comes out it and that I wasn't out of line for suggesting it.

Guess what! She got back to me, loved the idea, I guess it hadn't occurred to them, and told me the Sgt in charge of Ilene's case will be contacting Dateline next week, so maybe in the next few months we will see Ilene's case featured on Dateline!!! I also gave her the link to this thread, so maybe she will join. Now I have to decided about approaching my cousin to suggest Dateline to him...

@@screenshot.gif

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/ilene-beth-misheloff

Bumping for Ilene...God love her and her family. My grandchildren live in Dublin. I can't imagine the grief her parents live with.

I am skeptical. Her NCMEC poster and info has been removed from the database. Usually when this happens it means that the child has been recovered.

Do we know if any DNA testing was done on the backpack or keyfob? I know its been many years but i would think touch DNA on the backpack could work. Obviously whomever took her brought the bag back and placed in the the creekbed. Does anyone know if the keyfob was also found later, after the initial search was conducted near Mape Park?

Ilene is still on Namus and Charley project as well as the doe network

I am skeptical. Her NCMEC poster and info has been removed from the database. Usually when this happens it means that the child has been recovered.
What are the reasons her information would be missing from their website? Is there a time limit?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125
Back