Found Deceased CA - Jennifer Moore, 41, Chico, 19 June 2017 *arrest*

I do not know how much. From what I heard in the group she may have gone into the bank at Walmart to get money

From the group FB page, the family believes Jennifer did not go on her own and that the case is under investigation by able hands. The family is basically supporting the LE efforts so far and stating that they trust what is going on with the case. From my perspective, we just have to wait for an announcement of some kind.In the meantime, her son is being taken care of so at least that's good news.

This woman deserves more attention. It is heartbreaking how nothing seems to be being done to find her. Either police know more than they are letting on or they have completely dropped the ball on this case. No media attention, no searches. Her son had to move across country to start a new life with an aunt. This whole case breaks my heart and I hope justice is served one day.

There has been at least one search - I own rural property in Butte County north of the Chico city limits, and a search team was looking at potential body dump/hiding locations in the area in late August, supposedly based upon cell tower records. They didn't find anything linked to this case, as far as I know. (Not that I'd have a special reason to know, other than neighborhood gossip.)

JUN 30, 2021
Suspect arrested in 2017 murder after missing woman's remains found in rural Butte County (fox40.com)

Wings-Template-Dont-Change-This-Title-37.jpg

[...]

Butte County sheriff’s detectives reported 47-year-old Magalia resident Dustin Kimball was arrested during a traffic stop in Chico. He now faces one count of murder in connection to the death of Jennifer Moore.

[...]

In January 2021, the sheriff’s office said a citizen found human remains in a remote area of Forest Ranch. Officials were able to identify the remains as Moore.

By June, detectives learned Moore had been dating Kimball before she was killed, and a warrant was obtained for his arrest.

Kimball was booked into the Butte County Jail, and his first court date was set for Thursday afternoon.

[...]

‘Just Shocked’: Ex-Boyfriend Accused of California Mom’s Murder Four Years After Disappearance

...sbm

Kimball’s aunt, Karen Fruge, said she could hardly believe the news of her nephew’s arrest.

“We’re just shocked,” Fruge told The Daily Beast. “Everybody’s just in shock. I really, truly think that he was wrongly accused, in my opinion. Knowing him all my life, he’s like a big teddy bear. He’s very kind, he’s a very sweet boy. He’s a father, he has two kids. So, it’s just really sad.”

Others were less benevolent in their description of Kimball. Mattie Nolte, a hospice nurse who has known him for several years, told The Daily Beast, “I’m not shocked one bit.” Nolte declined to elaborate.

On social media, Kimball seemed proud of his children. In one 2020 holiday photo posted to his Facebook page, he can be seen smiling with a young girl, in front of a Christmas tree. But Kimball also appeared to have a darker side. About nine months after Jennifer Moore disappeared, Kimball posted a graphic to Facebook that said, “You don’t understand how much I hate myself.”

The same day, he posted a quote attributed to Katherine Hepburn: “Life is hard. After all, it kills you.”

...sbm

JUNE 30, 2021 PRESS RELEASE

JOINT INVESTIGATION RESULTS IN MURDER ARREST - Sheriff and Coroner (buttecounty.net)
Forest Ranch, CA – In June of 2017 family members and friends of Jennifer Moore, age 41, contacted the Glenn County Sheriff’s Office (GCSO) and reported Jennifer as a missing person. GCSO immediately began investigating the circumstances surrounding Jennifer’s disappearance.

In January of 2021, the Butte County Sheriff’s Office (BCSO) was contacted by a citizen who reported finding human remains in a remote area of Forest Ranch. Detectives responded to the area and began an investigation. During the subsequent investigation the human remains were determined to be Jennifer Moore’s remains.

Over the past six months BCSO detectives, GCSO detectives, and the Butte County District Attorney’s Office have been investigating the circumstances surrounding the disappearance and death of Jennifer Moore. During the subsequent investigation, detectives gathered evidence and information showing Dustin Kimball, age 47, of Magalia, was in a dating relationship with Jennifer Moore prior to her death. Detectives located evidence that gave them cause to believe that Kimball murdered Jennifer in 2017.

In June of 2021, detectives obtained an arrest warrant for Kimball. On June 29, 2021, detectives located Kimball during a traffic enforcement stop in Chico. Kimball was placed under arrest and later booked into the Butte County Jail for an open count of murder.

This investigation is ongoing. Kimball is scheduled to be arraigned at the Butte County Superior Court on July 1, 2021, at 3:30 p.m. If anyone has information about this case, they are encouraged to call Detective Zach Price or Detective Phil Wysocki at 530-538-7671.

Jennifer Coleen Moore – The Charley Project

Updated July 1 2021

Details of Disappearance
Moore disappeared from Chico, California on June 19, 2017. Her remains were found in a remote area of Forest Ranch in Butte County, California in January 2021.

In June of that year, authorities arrested Dustin Kimball for Moore's murder. She was reportedly dating him at the time of her disappearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back