CA CA - Jennifer Wilmer, 21, Willow Creek, 13 Sept 1993

The Dead and Gone podcast is turning its attention now to Jennifer. https://player.fm/series/dead-and-gone/cover-up-3

The discussion of Jennifer starts at about 23:15 into the podcast, and continues to the end of that episode. I get the impression that the next episode will pick back up with Jennifer's case.

This podcast is quite well done. I recommend it.
Good podcast besides Jake Brennan and his 10 minute infomercial for Garcia brand weed. That guy brings nothing to the table

There is just nowhere to go on this case.
Taking a trimming job could have led to foul play but no one knows if she made it to whatever farm she was going to, and if she did make it there and people saw her no one has talked about it in all these years.
My guess would be accepted a ride from the wrong person en route and never made it.
Unless her boyfriend did something to her-which articles have hinted at without any explanation.
Jennifer’s cousin from NY apparently wanted to dig into the case but nothing came of it that I am aware of.
I am glad she is getting some exposure, maybe someone will come forward with some shred of information.

Jennifer’s brother said on the podcast that she didn’t make it to the farm.
I also listened to Jensen and Holes. It was disappointing. It was all the basic info that we all know. I was hoping for more since Jensen wrote the in depth article about Jennifer so many years ago. I thought maybe there would be something new or different to learn.

Sorry for so many posts but I started to re-read this thread from pg 1. Jennifer’s boyfriend committed suicide by shooting himself in front if his girlfriend at the time. Wow.

There is just nowhere to go on this case.
Taking a trimming job could have led to foul play but no one knows if she made it to whatever farm she was going to, and if she did make it there and people saw her no one has talked about it in all these years.
My guess would be accepted a ride from the wrong person en route and never made it.
Unless her boyfriend did something to her-which articles have hinted at without any explanation.
Jennifer’s cousin from NY apparently wanted to dig into the case but nothing came of it that I am aware of.
I am glad she is getting some exposure, maybe someone will come forward with some shred of information.
I agree completely. If she made it to a farm people would have said something by now. She either got a ride from the wrong person or the boyfriend was involved.

Welcome to Websleuths @JBgoat and thanks for your valuable insights! I completely agree with you. The “farm” Jennifer was going to work on definitely didn’t grow edible veggies! We lived in Southern Humboldt for 13 years and left in 1984. It was the Wild West then and undoubtedly worse in 1993. Legalization hasn’t helped. And there is definitely an impenetrable wall of silence in Humboldt. So many unsolved missing person cases. People criticize the sheriff for not finding people, but if no one will talk it’s impossible. And the sheriff can’t just go onto property looking for a missing person without a search warrant showing probable cause. It’s a very dangerous

I assume you were never able to uncover any solid clues during your time trimming in the area where Jennifer disappeared. It would have been risky to ask around, of course, but sometimes people talk.
I feel like I can bring another perspective to this case. I lived in Humboldt for 13 years, and have worked on multiple marijuana fields in the willow creek and Trinity county areas. Not only that, but there is a huge grateful dead element to this case and I spent a huge portion of my life emerged in that culture. Although I was only in elementary school when Jennifer disappeared, I believe there are angles to this case that nobody has explored.

First of all Tro's Mom... Tro's Mom owned Sweet Water Music Hall in mill valley, not only did the grateful dead live in the area, but members of the band would frequently play at Sweet Water. Tro's mom had a great friendship with the band. In a way, Jennifer was essentially once removed from the band she followed. This is huge and probably a big reason why no one has come forward. We are talking a whole counter culture of people who not only survive off of touring, but thrive following the band around the united states... a cross country network revolving around drugs, and hustling.

Humboldt is the same way... When I first arrived in 2006, I couldn't believe that a place like that existed. Complete wild west. The whole economy revolves around weed, and still does to this day. Most of the county is shrouded in woods, and is behind locked gates, it is govern by secretive little subsets who make fortunes growing weed and have inflated egos. Jennifer's disappearance 100% coincides with harvest season. I would bet my life that she went to a property to trim weed. Given the year, and laws regarding marihuana, its likely her friends knew she was trimming and were covering for her. I've been apart of scenes in that exact area that lasted until December... and I never left the property. Given the flock of birds that she hung out with, and the county she lived in, this is the most logical assumption to me. Maybe they expected her back? Or maybe she was involved with a dangerous click and her friends were intimated.

Another thing I find interesting is the bigfoot videos. It was filmed in an area not to far away from where Jennifer disappeared, and filmed by a guy with the last name Patterson. Tro's dad lived in Humboldt, and when I looked up their family tree, there was a relative that connected them both or at least had the same name. Clair maybe? I don't remember. Maybe there is a family property in the area.

Anyways, This case is personal to me... It would be my life's delight if I could help Jennifer's family achieve some sort of closure. I hope I have awoken some sleuths.
Hi! It’s important to remember that she didn’t actually have the job yet. She was just going to head on down to a farm she heard about that might need help. Not sure if it was a cannabis grow or not, but one might assume.

She intended on returning. I believe her bf Tro was considered a suspect, and he committed suicide, so if he did it, no one can ask him questions.

I kinda think it might have been some sort of situation where either she was hitchhiking and got in a bad situation, or something happened at the farm.

This one is personal to me because she was my sister’s tour friend and I have been in contact with her cousin about this.

There is little evidence that I know of bc LE didn’t take her disappearance seriously until days/weeks later, and only after continued urging by her poor parents.

Whatever evidence they do have, they should release to the public, IMO. It’s been so long. Has anyone here attempted to obtain information from the sheriff’s office?

Sorry to reply on an old thread! This is my first post here. I think about Jennifer Wilmer frequently. I wish her family could know what happened to her.

Here's a video from the sweet water music hall in mill valley from 1989. This is the venue Tro's mother owned. Its a video of Jerry Garcia playing live with Elvis Castello. Tro's favorite musician playing at his own mothers establishment? Who's in the audience? Does it matter?... I don't know. I'm gonna post her frequently... I have lots of angles... if you relpy to me and it doesn't directly have something to do with one of my post. good luck getting a response. If you are a capable sleuth and want to coordinate, I can't do this by my self.

First angle... Roommates and boy friend shaved their heads. Why? I don't know... Is it important,...probably? But I don't know... it happened. Why would they shave their heads? well... lets think about it... maybe they didn't want to transfer evidence. The least sinister scenario I can think of is that jade overdosed... they were afraid. where would they move her body in this scenario? well, regardless of what you might think... there isn't actually that many places where you can bury a body in northern California where they were at. They were living in Hawkins bar at the time, witch means the closet place they would have been able to bury a body would have been the town of salyer... There is a road in Salyer with multiple stopping points ... Its the only place close to Hawkins bar that you could hide a body. There literally isn't any place else to hide a body in Salyer, other than other peoples properties. In which case, we need to think of a different scenario. Jade was big in the music scene... we can use this to are advantage... each possibility is a stepping stone. What venues are in arcata? what logs do they have? Sublime was big in 93, I know they played in the venue that home brews owns today. How obsessive are you willing to go? quit being a ....

Hey Kym kemp, you know the Humboldt scene... you grew up there. Maybe you can fill us in with the details? What businesses where around in 93? what was the scene like? what sort of musical acts where around? who would have records of such things? Do you have access? Your probably the only person with that capability.... why not show some love to Jennifer? You owe it to her, if not you then who else?

I really don’t know where to begin, so I will start with this. I am a Wildland firefighter in R-5, NorCal. I’ve been doing this since 2020, and I’m still currently active duty.
In 2020, I apologize for the dates, so many fires that I can’t remember the date. I remember it was late season fall. I was on the Red Salmon complex in Willow Creek, CA. We were camping at the fairgrounds I believe. One day, after shift I was able to run into town to grab dinner. I was excited to not eat camp food. I found a local restaurant called the raging creek pub in town. I remember the people in there were very friendly, I ordered my food to go. As I was waiting the employee asked if I would like to try their tea, so I did. I sat down in a booth and waited for my food to finish cooking. I noticed two older gentleman walk in a few minutes after. The best way I can describe them as is dirty, just dirty looking dudes. Much older than me, but very weathered. They sat down and started a conversation with each other, not knowing I was on the other side of the booth. I remember them talking about drugs and money. As I heard this, I eased dropped. They mentioned names and one of the names was a person named Ed, I believe it was about how he overreacts over his money. Then they mentioned Jade, how they remembered what Ed did to Jade. I heard one of the men say he cut her up and buried her on the property. When hearing that, I thought it was BS. They continued to talk about there plants and the plans for the season. My food finally finished and I left. When leaving, I saw the faces of the men and as before they looked dirty and weathered. I did make eye contact for a short second to the one sitting facing away from the entrance, he had brown eyes. As I left I did think about there conversation, but my mind was focused on the fires and getting back to camp. Being from the east coast I did not know much about that area, until I did some research. Then I looked up the name Jade and see a missing girl in the area, from a long time ago. I have spoken to a detective about this, I have not heard anything back since.

I really don’t know where to begin, so I will start with this. I am a Wildland firefighter in R-5, NorCal. I’ve been doing this since 2020, and I’m still currently active duty.
In 2020, I apologize for the dates, so many fires that I can’t remember the date. I remember it was late season fall. I was on the Red Salmon complex in Willow Creek, CA. We were camping at the fairgrounds I believe. One day, after shift I was able to run into town to grab dinner. I was excited to not eat camp food. I found a local restaurant called the raging creek pub in town. I remember the people in there were very friendly, I ordered my food to go. As I was waiting the employee asked if I would like to try their tea, so I did. I sat down in a booth and waited for my food to finish cooking. I noticed two older gentleman walk in a few minutes after. The best way I can describe them as is dirty, just dirty looking dudes. Much older than me, but very weathered. They sat down and started a conversation with each other, not knowing I was on the other side of the booth. I remember them talking about drugs and money. As I heard this, I eased dropped. They mentioned names and one of the names was a person named Ed, I believe it was about how he overreacts over his money. Then they mentioned Jade, how they remembered what Ed did to Jade. I heard one of the men say he cut her up and buried her on the property. When hearing that, I thought it was BS. They continued to talk about there plants and the plans for the season. My food finally finished and I left. When leaving, I saw the faces of the men and as before they looked dirty and weathered. I did make eye contact for a short second to the one sitting facing away from the entrance, he had brown eyes. As I left I did think about there conversation, but my mind was focused on the fires and getting back to camp. Being from the east coast I did not know much about that area, until I did some research. Then I looked up the name Jade and see a missing girl in the area, from a long time ago. I have spoken to a detective about this, I have not heard anything back since.

Welcome @Smokey44. Thank you for sharing this and thank you especially for telling a detective about this. Good work! I hope the name Ed rings a bell for someone on the thread. You probably won’t hear back from the detective, but I can be pretty sure that they’ve looked into it. I’ve had occasion to pass info along to detectives and never heard anything further. But one time in news coverage of the verdict the detective mentioned that they became aware of something that was a factor in the crime…and it was what I had discovered and passed along to them. So you never know if you’ve given them the puzzle piece that helps.

I also want to thank you for being a firefighter. I used to live in southern Humboldt county and it holds a special place in my heart. Back then there were few fires, but now it’s the norm. Be safe!

Jennifer has been missing for 30 years today.

It’s hard to believe it’s been that long. I want to thank you, @theshadow45, for posting on so many different threads, reminding us how long the victim has been missing. You are letting any family reading here know that their loved one has not been forgotten. I’ve been on threads with family members and they so appreciate Websleuthers standing with them. Your short posts are a real service to Websleuths and family and I know it takes effort and organization to keep track. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back