GUILTY CA - Jeremiah Scott & Erica Henry for child abuse, Riverside, 2010

LCoastMom--You're not snarky. You're calling it like it is. I just wonder what would cause a guy to torture the babies and bind them instead of just locking them in that bathroom. I wonder if he was supposed to be watching them and Mom came home and found them. Maybe she's the "other adult" who found them.

BBM I may have my assaults on the young, defenseless and innocent mixed up, but I thought originally a neighbor heard a commotion...

Thank you MissIz This behavior has me in tears, there are soooo many people who would love to love, honor and care for these babies. Just walk away if you don't want them, why do they have to hurt them, break them and leave them permanently damaged??

A lot of people are up in arms right now about adoptions and foster care. Yes, there are some bad ones, there are bad people everywhere. But the majority of people aren't bad people - so that means statistically the majority of children in other care (being raised by a non biological family member) are cared for and loved.

What is a better thing to explain to a child;

"your mommy and daddy love you very much, so much that they knew they couldn't take care of you - so they asked us to take care of you and love you - just like if you grew in my belly.

or

Yes sweetheart I know the surgeries you've had hurt you, yes I know some mean kids laugh at your scars. Yes, I know you were always a good girl/boy
you did nothing to deserve all you have been through. Yes your daddy/
mommy was very sick when s/he did this to you. But you don't have to worry about being hurt ever again...

or

worse yet we have Caylee, Emma, Emma, Rene, Shaniya, Baylee, Kaylee, Dekia, Darisabel, Damien (Haleigh and Gabriel, wherever they are).........

That is weird, I didn't notice it the first time I read the article. I had looked twice because of the peeps saying he looked like the Grinch and I had just seen the evil look of MAM. It looked to me like he had pursed his lips - IDK but I will agree that is weird. :furious:

Shawn THE MOTHER HAS BEEN MISSING SINCE FRI. SHE HAD GOT OUT THE HOUSE 2 GET HELP BECAUSE HE WAS BEATING HER. SHE DID'NT THINK THE GRANDMOTHER WOULD LET HIM BEAT THE KID'S. WHAT THEY ARE NOT TELLING U ON THE NEW'S IS THAT HIS MOTHER WAS IN THE HOUSE WHEN HE DID THE THING'S HE DID 2 THE KID'S.
:furious: :furious: :banghead:

That man looks SCARY! And to point out that he has a face on his face? GAH! FAS as well? This family sounds very.... Deliverance to me. There seems to be an extroardinary level of dysfunction. Why the heck would a mother leave her children in a dangerous environment, expecting a grandmother, whom I assume is an older lady, to protect them from a MAN who looks like he might just eat your face? I would find myself dead before I left my kids OR my mother (if that is mom's mother that is, still, as much as I despise my mother in law, I wouldn't leave her in danger either) with a person who is beating me.

A little more info and a photo of the "father" (let's hope he gets stripped of that title) :

http://blackpoliticalthought.blogspot.com/2010/02/jeremiah-scott-being-held-in-lieu-of-1.html

"Jeremiah Scott, 23, has been arrested and booked on suspicion of attempted murder and torture of two girls, ages 1 1/2 and 18 weeks old. According to the Press-Enterprise, Scott's young daughters were found beaten, bound and gagged in a house near Rubidoux in Riverside County, Calif. He is being held in lieu of $1 million bail."

and

"....another adult there had found the girls tied up and left on a bedroom floor."

he has very evil eyes....IMO

He's being charged with attempted murder and torture. Does anyone know what the max sentence is in CA for those charges? (You'd think it'd be Life w/o parole, but just checking..)

And that guy's face looks weird to me cause you can't really tell that he HAS a chin. It blends in with his neck so well.

He's being charged with attempted murder and torture. Does anyone know what the max sentence is in CA for those charges? (You'd think it'd be Life w/o parole, but just checking..)

And that guy's face looks weird to me cause you can't really tell that he HAS a chin. It blends in with his neck so well.

If they don't plead him down, it will be 25 to life. If they will charge him and sentence him for 2 separate crimes (1 for each child) he might get 25 to life consecutive rather than concurrent, like he should; but it seldom happens that way. :banghead::furious:

Any word on the mother??? :waitasec:

It kind of amazes me he even had a GF! Yuck...:loser:

http://www.pe.com/localnews/stories/PE_News_Local_W_wb05_delay.351c119.html

The arraignment of Jeremiah Scott facing torture charges was postponed for a second time.

Scott, 23, was due to be arraigned March 3 on seven felony counts - six of them related to the incident involving the 4- and 18-month-old girls - but he was not in court because he was in a "safety cell. "The arraignment was set for Thursday but Judge Richard Fields was told by deputies that Scott was hospitalized. The Web site did not say what Scott's medical condition was. The arraignment was rescheduled for March 8.

Still nothing on the mom???

I'm not sure the babies were still tied. The articles are unclear. I found this:

http://blackpoliticalthought.blogspot.com/2010/02/jeremiah-scott-being-held-in-lieu-of-1.html

"Sgt. Steve Brown told the Press-Enterprise that sheriff's deputies went to the house just after 1 p.m. Friday after another adult there had found the girls tied up and left on a bedroom floor. The girls reportedly had visible injuries on their faces and heads. Scott fled the scene but was later found in the neighborhood and arrested."

I'm guessing that the other adult untied them (one can hope) and yet there was still evidence that they'd been tied when LE arrived. The timeframe isn't clear. I'm also not sure about whether they located the Mom. In some ways, it probably would have been better for LE to have seen them tied.

This family sounds mighty dysfunctional and I don't know how they'll fare on the witness stand. I could see a good defense attorney arguing that the babies were just wrapped or swaddled and this guy getting off on a child endangerment charge.

This is from the KTLA news, the addy is in the post above yours. Not saying that it is true, just that it is what Sgt Steve Brown said.... At the link there are two pictures of the girls sperm donor, if you put his name in the search box you get an interview with a neighbor who wasn't home when it happened.

The older picture (a previous mug shot) shows him to have a darker complexion and a real chin with no creepy face, but the same dead eyes.

At around 1:12 p.m. Friday, deputies responded to a family disturbance call in a home in the 7300 block of Rockridge Road, according to Sgt. Steve Brown of the Riverside County Sheriff's Department.

When deputies check a bedroom in the house, they discovered the two infant girls, ages 1½ years and 4½ months, lying on the floor, bound and gagged.
Both baby girls had visible injuries to their faces and heads, according to Brown. The babies' natural father, 23 year old Jeremiah Scott, fled the scene as soon as deputies arrived.

There's so much odd about this case. The mug shots look different. And what's up with the media referring to Scott as the babies' "natural father"? That usually is not done unless the kids are in an adoptive home. Then the preferred term is "biological or birth father".

What's your theory, LCoastmom?

A 4-month-old baby was found with a sock stuffed in her mouth, father charged with torture, child abuse and corporal punishment...

The paternal grandmother of two small girls summoned deputies to her house on Feb. 26 after finding them tied up on a bedroom floor, one of them - a 4-month-old - with a sock stuffed in her mouth, a Riverside County prosecutor said Tuesday. Scott, 23, is charged with seven felony counts including torture, child abuse, corporal punishment and cultivation of marijuana. Scott and the girls' mother, whom he identified as Erica Henry, had been staying at the Rockridge Road home with his mother, Carmen Florence.

Deputy district attorney Philip Greenberg said that as of last week, the two girls remained at Loma Linda University Medical Center where they were taken for treatment of injuries to their heads and faces. "Child Protective Services is finding a suitable placement for them," Greenberg said. Family members have identified the children as M. Scott, 18-months-old and J Scott, 4-months-old.

Greenberg said Scott was hospitalized for treatment of sickle cell anemia, a genetic blood disorder.

http://www.pe.com/localnews/riverside/stories/PE_News_Local_W_warraign10.4789958.html

You've got me there is more to this than meets the eye. There's a new picture of him at the link, probably when he was 12 or so. I guess they wanted the unflattering pictures out....

Mother of Calif. babies found beaten arrested
12 hours ago

Authorities say the mother of a baby and a toddler who were found beaten, bound and gagged in a Southern California bedroom has been arrested.

Riverside County court records show Erica Monique Henry was booked into county jail Tuesday and released on bail Thursday. The 24-year-old has been charged with two felony counts of child abuse.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jKh3t-QcOjeHy34rMCIHCZlVjOcgD9FS9NVO0

A 4-month-old baby was found with a sock stuffed in her mouth, father charged with torture, child abuse and corporal punishment...

http://www.pe.com/localnews/riverside/stories/PE_News_Local_W_warraign10.4789958.html

You've got me there is more to this than meets the eye. There's a new picture of him at the link, probably when he was 12 or so. I guess they wanted the unflattering pictures out....

It's ridiculous to put that picture in an article about the treatment of the babies. Reckon he has a defense lawyer now?

I am still looking at the weird picture of him with the little face. I haven't see where anyone mentioned his neck in that picture. It looks like the head and neck are sitting on top of someone else's shoulders. What is going on with this?

It's ridiculous to put that picture in an article about the treatment of the babies. Reckon he has a defense lawyer now?

Yes, the article mentions a Gregory Silver as his attorney.

So I see the mother's been charged too...maybe not an "innocent bystander" as the aunt claims?

she gets charged 2 1/2 months later? wonder why now and not then ...
I'm not complaining - it's obvious she knew or should've known that her children were in danger
may they both rot in prison and then hell

In August, a Pasadena baby Rene Torres,2, was found dead in his crib after his mom called 911, claiming he was not breathing The mother Maria Pelaez, 29, and her boyfriend Gabriel Diaz, 32, were arrested after they admitted they had been using duct tape to discipline baby Rene for several months. LEO's found clothing the couple had hidden, that still had tape on it. They taped his legs, feet and arms and his mouth said the PSO, spokesperson. He had just turned 2, two weeks before this happened. There is a picture of this angel at the link.

They were arrested on $2 Million bond for her and $2.3 Million for him (he had meth on him too)

http://my.nowpublic.com/culture/so-cal-mom-boyfriend-held-baby-torture-murder

I searched for a thread on this case and couldn't find one. Both the mother and the boyfriend have been bound over for trial. Next court date for Maria Pelaez is March 2, 2011 in Pasadena Superior Court.

Perhaps there's a thread in another forum, I'll keep searching.

September 2011, plea deal reached:

A Riverside County man accused of beating his two young daughters, tying them up and stuffing a sock in the mouth of the 4-month-old to keep her quiet pleaded guilty Wednesday and could be sentenced to more than 10 years, according to the Riverside County Superior Court website.

Jeremiah Eugene Scott, 24, appeared before Riverside County Superior Court Judge Richard T. Fields and pleaded guilty to five felonies including three counts of child endangerment, one count of battery and one count of cultivation of marijuana, according to the website.

http://m.pe.com/articles/scott-599046-riverside-county.html

October 2011:

Judge Richard T. Fields sentenced Scott to serve 10 years and four months with credit for 601 days of actual time he has spent in Riverside County jail since his February 2010 arrest — plus 300 days for good behavior.

Scott showed little emotion as the sentence was pronounced except for conferring briefly with his attorney.

Defense attorney Darryl Exum said after court that his client was remorseful and described the case as a classic situation of someone “too young being thrust into parenthood and not being ready.”...

Erica Monique Henry, the mother of the children, pleaded guilty in December to a misdemeanor count of child abuse and was sentenced to four days in county jail, placed on probation and ordered to enroll in parenting classes.
http://m.pe.com/articles/scott-627027-county-attorney.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back