GUILTY CA - Jessica Funk-Haslam, 13, found murdered, Rosemont, 6 March 2012

The parents are painting very different pictures of their daughter
The father says

The mother says

I think the mother especially, is delusional. I just don't see a logical way the mother could have done anything like this, but something does not add up. And if she had disappeared last weekend...what did they do then? Did they call the police when she disappeared that time? My guess is not.

I feel so bad for this little girl. It seems she didn't have a chance. Neither of her parents seem really capable of adequate child rearing. Her mother is completely delusional and is not mother material as far as I have seen and read, the dad also seems to be struggling with parenting responsibilities. I still have questions as to whether or not mom could be involved somehow, but also believe this girl could have met her end due to someone else. Either way, the mother in charge did not parent her to protect her. The history is says alot.

Just wanted to mention this .. I was a baseball player all my life i played semi pro ball and was drafted by the Oriels so I know that 99 percent of the dug outs on the floor of it .Will be all crushed gravel the gravel also is put about the length of the dug out and 3 feet out from the dugout will be the same crushed gravel which makes me think thier will be foot prints the perps and hers exspecially if she struggled ..No idea why but I can see this being an older boy maybe highschool and they asked her to meet there .she is what 12 13 yrs old prolly has a crush on him and thats why she was wanting to go so bad but told no one because they were older and she didn't wanna get in trouble for being out at night with an older boy..just some of what i was thinking ..

Just wanted to mention this .. I was a baseball player all my life i played semi pro ball and was drafted by the Oriels so I know that 99 percent of the dug outs on the floor of it .Will be all crushed gravel the gravel also is put about the length of the dug out and 3 feet out from the dugout will be the same crushed gravel which makes me think thier will be foot prints the perps and hers exspecially if she struggled ..No idea why but I can see this being an older boy maybe highschool and they asked her to meet there .she is what 12 13 yrs old prolly has a crush on him and thats why she was wanting to go so bad but told no one because they were older and she didn't wanna get in trouble for being out at night with an older boy..just some of what i was thinking ..

MOO. . .but I think if this was the case she would have been sexually assaulted.

I'm not willing to rule out that it was a set-up by a group a teens with a grudge against her just yet. I do think that if this is what happened it will be solved quickly though. I have teens. . .I know that they talk and if somebody had it out for her, surely that would be known by other teens.

I'm feeling very hinky about the Mom. Her behavior seems off to me and I think others here share that feeling. There just isn't enough information yet, but I don't like the feeling she is giving me at all. I hope I'm wrong. :(

Check out this interview with mama, watch her eyes. Anytime she starts a statement, she looks away, and then while continuing to talk, her eyes are shifting back and forth at a high rate, then she follows it up with a "yeah, that what happend"....

:58 to 1:10 of the video clip

http://www.news10.net/video/1496583748001/52684897001/Parents-of-girl-found-in-park-struggle-to-understand

To CANMANEH, I played for 11 years, with all 11 of those years being in the American River Little League, with our games being held at ROSEMONT PARK.
I’ve been in the dugout she was found in. They are solid cement, always have been with cinder block walls, so your theory is Null & Void.
Yes, I am the same monkeymann who some have referred to my comments on SACBEE dot com. I live 2 miles from the School/Park and just found out I live 1/2 from the apartments they live in, so yes, this hits home a bit.
Even when mama came to realize that it was possible she wasn&#8217;t coming home that night, maybe 9 - 10??< why not call dad just to see if she was over there, a safe haven, before supposedly walking the streets looking for her. In fact, she never called dad at all???
Odd, I think so.

You expressed what I was thinking when I first heard of this case. My son has played his whole life. I agree that at the very least, there should be some type of clues that could help in an investigation. For example, if the field was dirt, there may be smallish girl footprints rather than cleats. Or if the field was turf, (that stuff is still showing up in my laundry room and car) someone who potentially murdered her or was at the scene of the crime would have those small little plastic turf pieces stuck in the bottom of their tennis shoes.

Your comment is thought-provoking. Thanks.

I think the mother especially, is delusional. I just don't see a logical way the mother could have done anything like this, but something does not add up.And if she had disappeared last weekend...what did they do then? Did they call the police when she disappeared that time? My guess is not.
My guess is that the father is telling the truth about her being a habitual run away and that's why the mom didn't make a big deal about her being gone.

Just thinking 'out loud' about some things...
Jessica was reported missing in January and later called her parents from an apartment complex near Watt Avenue. She wouldn't tell her parents who she was visiting, Porter said.
[URL="http://www.news10.net/rss/article/183869/2/Sheriff-No-strangling-instrument-at-scene-where-teens-body-found"]http://www.news10.net/rss/article/183869/2/Sheriff-No-strangling-instrument-at-scene-where-teens-body-found[/URL]
How long had she been gone that time for them to be concerned enough to report her missing?

Unless the parents picked her up from the apartment and
watched her walk out the door, why would they just take her word for where she claims to have been? Did they ask the police to look into the possibility that she was with an adult since she was being so evasive?

Sacramento has the 'Light Rail" which is like a rapid transit train. I don't know if it runs through Rosemont. Wondering if she caught a bus or light rail somewhere and that's why nobody saw her walking in the neighborhood.

I want to know if the mom has a current boyfriend. How many times have mother's more than once dated men who like young girls.

Sacramento has the 'Light Rail" which is like a rapid transit train. I don't know if it runs through Rosemont. Wondering if she caught a bus or light rail somewhere and that's why nobody saw her walking in the neighborhood.

Good thinkin', as there is a light rail train station directly across the street from the apartments she lived in with her mother.
BUT, they only parallel Folsom Bvld, and dont go into Rosemont at all. If she did get on a train, she would only have been on the train for 1 block before having to get back off to walk over the freeway towards the park.

Good thinkin', as there is a light rail train station directly across the street from the apartments she lived in with her mother.
BUT, they only parallel Folsom Bvld, and dont go into Rosemont at all. If she did get on a train, she would only have been on the train for 1 block before having to get back off to walk over the freeway towards the park.

Welcome aboard Monkeymann_916, just want you to know I read your posts in the SacBee and started to post in support of your comments but decided against getting in an e-quarrel with the other posters. Too much of a waste of time. They often get unbelievably rude or somehow bring race into the discussion where it is totally irelevant.

Good to have your input here where the conversations are civil and thought provoking.

Wondering if the police have checked all cameras in the area?? Monkeymann says there is a light rail across the street from Jessica's apt - any cameras over there? People's driveways, homes... :waitasec:

and Monkeymann

:welcome4:

Monkeymann,
help me out here...I actually have a place in Green Haven but physically iive in Solano County with my bf so I'm not really familiar with all of Sac. My brother just moved to Rosemont from Gold River after a serious illness but I haven't been to his new place yet.

Where exactly is the Rosemont area??

Welcome aboard Monkeymann_916, just want you to know I read your posts in the SacBee and started to post in support of your comments but decided against getting in an e-quarrel with the other posters. Too much of a waste of time. They often get unbelievably rude or somehow bring race into the discussion where it is totally irelevant.

Good to have your input here where the conversations are civil and thought provoking.

Thank you very much, it is much appreciated.
yes, I think most on there are looking for a Jerry Springer atmosphere instead of looking at the facts of things. After reading back into allot of my comments, I can see I was getting way more caught up in their comments instead of the facts being discussed as normal people, not to create a "buzz" about it.
But, thanks again!

Wondering if the police have checked all cameras in the area?? Monkeymann says there is a light rail across the street from Jessica's apt - any cameras over there? People's driveways, homes... :waitasec:

and Monkeymann

:welcome4:

Wow, thanks to you also for the warm welcome, although I do prefer to meet people in a more positive type forum or subject matter, but its all good, im glad to give a local feel to the group, for this story anyway.
If anyone has any inquiries as to any local scenarios,l people, places or things, hit me up!

Monkeymann,
help me out here...I actually have a place in Green Haven but physically iive in Solano County with my bf so I'm not really familiar with all of Sac. My brother just moved to Rosemont from Gold River after a serious illness but I haven't been to his new place yet.

Where exactly is the Rosemont area??

It is an area that is bordered by Folsom Blvd to Jackson Highway (16) and Watt Ave. to Mayhew/Bradshaw Rd.

Thanks for posting. I find there is usually a wealth of information in some of the comment sections of news articles.

That particular comment is very interesting indeed.
Rebecca0923 seems to have some personal knowledge of the family dynamics. IF what she is saying is true about Jessica's father picking up a boy and taking him to the house with them and that Jessica allegedly had hickies on her neck after the visit makes me think even more now, that this is the work of a jealous girl and her followers.

I believe a male assailant would've sexually assaulted her but she was fully clothed when she was found. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radnewal
Back