CA - Joanna Ramos, 10, dies of head injury from after-school fight, 24 Feb 2012

Or maybe they aren't charging because it could cause "friction" in the community.

You might be on to something here. I recall a comment on one of the news articles that the other girl was black. I have no idea if this is the case. It was just a comment left by a reader.

There's never been any official description of the other girl by the authorities or in the media to my knowledge, only her age.

sonya610 said:
"...maybe they aren't charging because it could cause 'friction' in the community."

Is that your way of saying nicely--
---Political hot potato?
Or
---that this would be the last term for this elected prosecutor
(assuming he/she is elected?)

Yeah, could be the determining factor.

Such a tragic story all around. I think two girls decided to fight. They stopped, went home, one died. I don't think either one EVER expected it to get this far. They are just above the age of accountability, if that! Will this girl ever fight again? I'd like to think with the information the state received they saw a little girl that was in over her head and will never do anything like this again. At least, this is all we can hope for!

I have a feeling we will not hear last about her.

Belinda said:
"...the way she injured the other girl was not a typical little girl fight move. She knew what she was doing. I'm 50 and it wouldn't even occur to me to do that to someone. This kid is street smart and I have no doubt she will soon be bragging about how she killed someone and got away with it. This girl will be in trouble in the future..." (BBM)

so clearly what I fear may happen.

HMSHood predicted this will not be the last we hear of her.

I wonder if we'll see her graduate from a no-juvie-chg for this
to charged-as-adult next time.
Or if she'll still fly under the crim system's radar and buzz thru.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back