CA CA - Johnnie Herrera, 20, Oxnard, 27 Aug 1971

[QUOTE = "Bobby88, post: 5583803, miembro: 14765"] Buen punto. Si estaba en una despedida de soltero, era más que probable que hubiera alcohol, y podría haber tenido demasiado antes de ponerse al volante. [/ QUOTE]

Johnnie Joe Herrera fue visto por última vez en una despedida de soltero en Oxnard, California, el 8/27/1971. Nunca volvió a casa. Su Light Blue VW Volkswagon, licencia ZWM775, nunca fue recuperado. 3363DMCA - Johnnie Joe Herrera Patrick Wayne Kearney A medida que pasaba el tiempo, Hill y Kearney comenzaron a discutir más a menudo, y Kearney salió a dar largos paseos solo en su Volkswagen Beetle o su camión para cazar su victimas Me pregunto si ese volkswagon sería el joven perdido Johnnie Joe Herrera, perdido en el área de caza de este asesino en serie.
Patrick Kearney - Wikipedia

Yo no soy fluido en español, pero if I’m understanding you correctly, you’re saying that you think that Kearney’s VW may have actually been Johnnie’s? Meaning that Kearney, after killing Johnnie and disposing of his body, simply took the car and kept it? I suppose it’s possible, but I can’t imagine how Kearney would have crossed paths with Johnnie in the middle-class suburb where he vanished. The party location and his home were literally only a few minutes apart.

Of course, that’s assuming that when Johnnie left the party, he was headed straight for home. That’s why it’s so important to find out (if possible) where specifically he went after the party. I wonder if he mentioned to anyone else if he was planning to make another stop before going home.

Regardless of what actually happened,I don’t think Johnnie was alive long after he left that party. Since he was attending an event only minutes from his home, it seems reasonable to assume that the only things he probably had with him were his car, keys, license, whatever money he had at the time, and the clothes on his back. If he was going to run off and start a new life, he would most certainly have been better prepared. Not to mention that the idea of voluntarily disappearing after attending a friend’s nearby party on a Friday night seems a weird way to do it. While there are people who meticulously plan how to disappear months before actually doing so, I don’t see a 20-year-old (which is legal age but still more or less “a kid” so to speak) being able to pull it off and never be seen again for almost five decades.

I happened upon a comment regarding JJH on an UID thread. Thought I’d share here as it’s contradictory to what his Charley Project profile says.

The detective I spoke to about Johnnie's case a few years ago said that he and his wife were having problems in their marriage around the time he went missing.

Do we know the likely route Johnnie would have taken either to his home or to his relatives?
I ask because lately I've been following the exploits of a group on Youtube called "Adventures with Purpose". They go looking for missing people that may be in a body of water, often with their vehicle. I'd like to bring the case to their attention, but I need to be able point them at a likely area to be searched. Simply giving the county isn't enough.
Link to the group.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNTuVMv2WRVnYcgJx7DjNPQ

I really think he met foul play. We have assumed that the car disappeared after he was assaulted or whatever, but... what if his car was stolen before the kidnapping by someone not related to the disappearance? In that scenario, Johnnie may have tried to hichhike or someone approached him and said he would take him to a police station to inform about the theft.
Let's imagine someone attack Johnnie and force him into another vehicle when he was about to enter his car. If a criminal found some keys on the ground, or even in the car, they wouldn't have missed the chance to get the vehicle.
I read about the possible involvement of Kraft or Kearney, but have they ever been questioned about this case?

Jus a note. I communicated with the dive team Adventures with Purpose that specializes in looking for people when they are missing along with their vehicle and may be in a body of water. They were already aware of the case and may take a look if they are in the area.

Link to their Youtube channel if anyone is interested in learning more about them.

I hope AWP does a search. The body of water theory makes the most sense to me, imo.

I hope AWP does a search. The body of water theory makes the most sense to me, imo.
Unfortunately, AWP has hit a bad impediment, namely that the leader of the group is now accused of child rape. It seems only old cases and searches are being added to their Youtube channel.

I've now submitted the case to the successor to AWP, United Search Corp. This group is not involved in the scandal of AWP.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back