CA CA - Joseph Weber, 28, San Francisco, 24 Nov 2014

The top tattoo says:
by any means necessary (spelt nessassary)

Second tattoo lower abdomen:
(Latin) “Perfer et obdura, dolor hic tibi proderit olim." (Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you.)” - Ovid

Beautiful words. I hope Joseph's pain didn't become too much to bear...

Still missing.

Someone posted a weird comment on the FB on April 21...

:yeahthat: What on earth is that about?

Just looking up to see if there were any updates and found this...

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-co...teran-killed-officer-shooting-but-not-missing

Sunnyvale: Veteran killed in officer shooting, but not missing vet with same name
POSTED: 04/13/2015

SUNNYVALE -- The man shot and killed by police after wielding a knife during a liquor-store robbery last week was an Army veteran reportedly dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder, authorities said.
But the suspect, Joseph Jeremy Weber, 28, is not to be confused with missing Joseph George Weber IV -- also 28, also a 2004 alum of Fremont High School, and also an Army vet reportedly battling PTSD -- who disappeared last fall.
Both Joseph Webers knew of the other while attending Fremont, but otherwise had no significant overlap besides the occasional confusing of the two.
-----
Joseph George Weber III, the father of the missing veteran, took to his family's social-media and Web pages to tell supporters that his son was not the one killed by police and is still not accounted for.
-----
The elder Weber said his family has come to grips with the likelihood that his son is dead, since there has been no sighting or trace of him detected since he disappeared Nov. 24. Joseph George Weber IV was a military police officer in the Army, serving two tours in Iraq starting in 2007. Family members believe he had PTSD, one of the signature ailments for service members in the post-9/11 era, and may have been suicidal.
He was last seen, on surveillance video, walking in the area of the Golden Gate Bridge. His family said he was having marital struggles and had been suffering headaches for which he sought treatment at a VA facility on the Peninsula. PTSD often exhibits itself following physical harm or after seeing others endure harm. Veterans exposed to combat are at high risk and symptoms often are linked to traumatic brain injury. It can be accompanied by depression, other anxiety disorders and substance abuse.

His family keeps vigilant, on the outer edge of hope, even as all avenues to find him appear exhausted.
"We're a family suffering from an ambiguous loss," the father said.

Possibly it might help to have Joseph's name updated in the thread title so as there is no confusion. Joseph Weber is still Missing.
I'll ask a Mod.
ETA: Have sent PM

The official tally by the DVA is 22 suicides per day by veterans. This doesn't count the living ones who suffer from PSTD and/or homelessness. Medical and psychological care is hard to come by from the VA.

While my generation was drafted to fight in Vietnam, my heart goes out to our current crop of veterans who signed up with the Armed Forces to fight yet another winless war. Many did it out of allegiance to our country.

The government ought to put more resources into helping these (mostly) young men instead of putting out the welcome mat to those who shouldn't be even be here.

(End of rant)

The official tally by the DVA is 22 suicides per day by veterans. This doesn't count the living ones who suffer from PSTD and/or homelessness. Medical and psychological care is hard to come by from the VA.

While my generation was drafted to fight in Vietnam, my heart goes out to our current crop of veterans who signed up with the Armed Forces to fight yet another winless war. Many did it out of allegiance to our country.

The government ought to put more resources into helping these (mostly) young men instead of putting out the welcome mat to those who shouldn't be even be here.

(End of rant)
Annie --> :blowkiss:

I wondering if anyone thinks that the bottom line of text in the tattoo on Josephs abdomen is another language like latin - I even thought it was Sindarin or Tengwar (Elvish) when I first saw it, but I think it is the Gothic font and the closeness of the lettering...

Any thoughts?

Latin...

“Perfer et obdura, dolor hic tibi proderit olim." (Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you.)”

IMG_7489.jpg~Aslinn, sister to Joseph

IMG_1221.jpg
Moose
IMG_2541.jpg
Thing 1 & Thing 2

These tattoos are on his biceps, somewhat noticeable in the chest photos.

~Aslinn, Sister of Joseph

if he jumped he may not be found. he could ahve been carried out to sea and there are a lot of sharks there.

i hope he is just somewhere having a mental issue though :( it is easy to go get lost in SF.

i live in san jose and he looks vaguely familiar.......

The family and I have asked to see the video of the person matching my brothers description which the police have come to claim that they have view. I have inquired with the San Francisco Bridge Authority and they state there is not such footage or it already has been deleted. We may never know, but I have hopes that he is wondering around California, maybe he doesn't remember who he is. Joseph is a tough person and has skills he learned from the Army to survive out there. He always joked around, saying he should just be a transient.
~Aslinn, sister to Joseph

Facts:
· Voluntary Missing Adult
· Sex: Male
· Race: White/Alaskan Native
· Hair: Dark Brown/Black
· Eye Color: Brown
· Height: 6 ft. 02 in.
· Weight: 180 lbs.
· Date of Birth: 09/07/1986
· Clothing: Black jacket and a 49ER jacket.
· Does not grow facial hair well.
· Suffers from headaches/seizures
· Video footage places him on the Golden Gate Bridge on 11/24/2014 around 3pm
· Cell phone last pinged on 11/24/2014 around 6pm and again at 8pm
· Location of last ping is nearest to Union Street and Fillmore Street in SF.

This is another Joseph Weber, they went to school together, they knew of each other because their report cards used to get mixed up. My parents were notified before this article was published, so their wasn't any confusion.

The family and I have asked to see the video of the person matching my brothers description which the police have come to claim that they have view. I have inquired with the San Francisco Bridge Authority and they state there is not such footage or it already has been deleted. We may never know, but I have hopes that he is wondering around California, maybe he doesn't remember who he is. Joseph is a tough person and has skills he learned from the Army to survive out there. He always joked around, saying he should just be a transient.
~Aslinn, sister to Joseph

I just wanted to say welcome to Websleuths though I'm sure you'd prefer never having any reason to end up here. Thank you for the additional tattoo photos and information. I do hope your brother turns up. I'm on the other coast but I'm keeping my eyes open.

That thread led me here. Come on home, Joseph. Your sister misses you!!!

Joseph is still missing. He'll soon be missing for a year. I just hope his family will get answers soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back