GUILTY CA - Kamilah Russell, 2, smothered, Oakland, 9 March 2010

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=7322789
She's actually pregnant with her third. She had a six month old too.
The little girls father seems genuinely torn up, like he saw the signs but really didn't know what they were.
She is apparently also abusive to her other child and her middle school age brother as well, so although they say she was overwhelmed, I think it was a little more than that.
Her mother has apparently been telling CPS and anyone else that will listen for months that her daughter has a chemical imbalance and needs help. As usual, no one cared.

That is so frightening in regard to her mother begging for help in regard to her daughter. I can't imagine what she must be feeling - the anger and despair.
I feel bad for everyone who is truly innocent in this situation. My prayers go out to them all - especially this woman's 2 other children - the 6 mos. old and the unborn child as well. I hope CPS will review the calls she made and take appropriate actions if someone dropped the ball on following up on the complaints.

My prayers go out to them all also, but especially to this mother. Sometimes there are things not stated in MSM, sometimes family traumas take over, and sometimes people ARE overwhelmed. There, but for the grace of God, go I, and many others who will never admit it, even to themselves.

Agreed. I suffer with Borderline Personality Disorder, ADHD and PTSD. Before having my son I just barely scraped by. Anytime I would have a major crisis I sought help and when I felt better I quit. I had a traumatic birth experience, which worsened my PTSD, and after one month I was all alone until my husband came back from deployment. Needless to say, the first few years were extremely tough for me. Even when my husband returned he was little to no help. To top it off my son was very difficult and never slept longer than 4 hours at a time until he was 4 years old. I quickly spiraled down. I was angry and bitter and screamed a lot. I did things I am not proud of. It finally got to a point where I knew if I didn't get help I would snap. Thankfully medication and therapy helped me regain control. It's been a very tough road.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thankyou for sharing! It's a hell of a tough road (had my diagnosis for 8 months so im really at the start) my BPD showed its ugly head also after a traumatic pregnancy & birth.

It's great to hear your on top of the BPD, great to know there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrskrash2012
Back