Found Deceased CA - Katie Wilkins, 25, dies of heroin OD, Los Angeles County, 28 April 2012

This whole case - of Katie's death - reminds me that being patient in cases like this, while unimaginably difficult, oftens proves fruitful.

Fruitful... terrible word to use, I know, but I hope you understand the sentiment.

Sometimes it can take years and years to gather enough to get charges filed and make an arrest. I can only hope it brings some measure of comfort to know that the wheels are still spinning and Katie has not been forgotten.

http://www.malibutimes.com/news/arti...r-comment-area
Felony charges sought against Pepperdine president’s son

A detective for the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Homicide Bureau said he will pursue a felony manslaughter charge against Chris Benton for his involvement in the death of Katie Wilkins, a 25-yearold Malibu resident who died last April of a heroin overdose.
Det. Tim O’Quinn plans on recommending to the county district attorney that Benton, the son of Pepperdine University President Andrew K. Benton, be charged with involuntary manslaughter and taking a vehicle without an owner’s consent. Both are felony counts.

I am very glad that he will have to pay for the part he played in this young woman's death. I hope this will help Katies loved ones gain some measure of peace. I am glad that he has been charged dispite who his father is.Money and position most likely enabled this man to get away with so much. I still feel that his father should be made to leave his job.He is responsible for a lot of other peoples children who pay good money for their children to attend this campus.If not for the threats made against his own mother he would still be living on campus.He was a threat to many unsuspecting students and that is not exceptable IMO.Too bad he most likely was never held accountable earlier in life maybe 2 lives and their families could have been spared all this grief.

DA declines to pursue felony charges against Pepperdine president's son

Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:55 am

Citing insufficient evidence, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office has opted not to pursue felony manslaughter charges against Chris Benton, son of Pepperdine President Andrew K. Benton, for his alleged involvement in the death of a 25-year-old Malibu resident last year.

full article at link ............... http://www.malibutimes.com/news/article_cbd346fc-b100-11e2-a3ec-0019bb2963f4.html

If the District Attorney's office had the exact evidence against Joe Smoe's son, would there be charges?

Bad things happen to good people. Addiction happens to good people. If she didn't get the stuff from the rich boy, she would have gotten it from someone else. I mean no offence to Katie by that. It's just what happens when opiates (or meth or whatever) takes control your judgement. It happens in the worst homes and in the best homes. I see it happening around me every day.

When our government realized that pain-pill abuse/addiction was a problem, they tried to do something about it. I know that they meant well, but all it brought about was rampant HEROIN usage and everything that goes along with it. Dirty needles, theft, HIV, hepatitis, etc. You can't blame somebody else when an addict gets what they want and overdoes it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back