CA CA - Kevin Collins, 10, San Francisco, 10 Feb 1984

He might have thrown him off the Golden State bridge? How awful!

That would explain why he was never found. the currents around the bridge are wicked!

OMG! That is horrifying! Where did it say this? I read the Charlie Project Report and did not find that information.

Satch

Peter Chernoff "Eyewitness to "Satanic" Sacrifice at Bohemian Grove admits that he was an unwilling accomplice to the murder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW7mMou0Psk

The only place I see any mention of this guy relating to this case, and he has admitting to kidnapping Peter Collins??

How sad. His case jumped out at me like many others I've come across. And weird how the last couple of times he's been mentioned is February and now when I'm also commenting.

I will never understand how the justice system works. If you are have found to rape or murder someone, you should be sentenced to life. I don't care if there's overcrowding. Get rid of the petty thieves or druggies. Lock away the sick people who harm others. Period. Makes me sick. My uncle had a bad time in his life (very unlike him) where he hurt his back, got stuck on pain meds and then went to heroin. He robbed a couple of stores for money for his addiction. He got 10 years and was not released till full sentence was served. Yet, sickos get released after six months, 3 years etc. Why??? They shouldn't ever be released. I wonder how many people would still be alive today if these people were sentenced to life in prison or LE worked tirelessly on missing cases? Quit worrying about the petty people and arrest the serious criminals.

Anyway, I truly hope what happened to him is discovered. I always hope they'll find more Jaycee Dugard's out there.

Wondering if the bones found in SF in that apartment building have any connection to Kevin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://abc7chicago.com/news/child-bones-found-in-planter-boxes-in-san-francisco/1127782/

More details are emerging about the bones of a child found in planter boxes in San Francisco's Alamo Square neighborhood. Some are wondering if those remains could help solve a cold case that has haunted police for decades.

A retired San Francisco homicide inspector said he hopes the discovery will help solve a long-running murder mystery.

Police are waiting for lab results, but the burning question is the identity of the child, whose bones were found in planter boxes outside two adjacent apartment buildings, and how old the bones are.

"The only case that I know of, of a child that is unsolved and the child's body has not been found is Kevin Collins in San Francisco. So when something like this happens... I mean, you have to think that way," he said.

The comment about the only child that he knows that hsdnt been found is Kevins i find weird. Michaela Garrett, Amber Garcia, Illene Mischelof, and a bunch of others have not been found yet and they are all from the bay area. It could be a child missing from somewhere else too, Garrido proved that predators have no problem driving hundreds of miles after an abduction. So until it is proven its Kevin, it could be anyone.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Here is a link to the thread about the SF child bones found in the planter Dec/2015. LE is considering the bones *might* be connected to Kevin's case. They are testing Kevin's DNA against the bones. No results yet.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...in-planter-box-San-Francisco-15-December-2015

Replying to my own post to follow up with an update on the bones found in the planter. There are 2 new articles. Neither has ruled out Kevin Collins.

"Police spokeswoman Officer Grace Gatpandan says an investigation revealed one of the sets of bones belonged to child between the age of 8 and 14. There is no information on the other set of remains." Source: http://www.mercurynews.com/san-fran...ones-san-francisco-planter-box-belonged-child

"The city's Medical Examiner is currently testing the remains to determine key facts like race, gender, and how long they were buried in somebody's garden, but in the meantime, the SFPD's Homicide Unit is investigating." Source: http://www.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2016/01/14/bones-from-two-people-not-one-found-in-planter-box

Any updates on the bones???

Kevin Collins was 10 years old when he was last seen on a San Francisco street while walking home from basketball practice on Feb. 10, 1984. Witnesses said he was last seen talking to a tall, blond man with a large black dog around Oak Street and Masonic Avenue.

Missing children: Nine infamous cases of Bay Area children who vanished

940x940.jpg

This may have already been posted, but the Canadian connection just caught my eye.
"Person of Interest" Named in Kevin Collins Case
By Lori Preuitt
Published Feb 6, 2013
"A man who was questioned in the days after 10-year-old Kevin Collins disappeared in 1984 is now a person of interest in the case. Aruturo Santiago explains what lead to the break.

Suhr identified the man as Dan Therrien, who lived in a home just a couple blocks where Kevin was last seen in 1984. It's near the corner of Masonic Avenue and Page Street. Therrien died in 2008.

Also complicating matters, Therrien went by at least five aliases. Police said he used the name Wayne Jackson at the time of Kevin's disappearance.

Police stopped short of calling him a suspect, and instead said he was a "person of interest." Suhr also asked for the public's help in coming up with any information that might be relevant to the case."

"Investigators looking at the case recently realized Therrien had a lengthy criminal past in both California and Canada, including a felony for a lewd act on a child. They didn't know that at the time because he had used other names. Police said in 1981, he had served six months in jail after he plead guilty to a felony charge of lewd act on a child. The victim was seven years old.
The Canadian case was also previously unknown: He was arrested in 1973 allegedly kidnapping and sexually assaulting two 13-year-old boys.

In the Canadian case Therrien -- who police also identified Wednesday as Wayne Jackson -- went on the lam and was never arrested. Police didn't release where it happened in Canada or any other details."

"What we're looking for now is anybody that saw this guy in 1984, anybody that talked to this guy back in 1984, anybody that talked to somebody that talked to this guy back in 1984," Suhr said. "We would love to find the whereabouts of that little boy."
therrien.jpg

Wikipedia has a page for missing boy Kevin Andrew Collins Kevin Andrew Collins - Wikipedia
Kevin Andrew Collins (born January 24, 1974 — disappeared February 10, 1984) gained national attention as one of the first missing children to appear on milk cartons and on the cover of national publications, such as Newsweekmagazine in 1984.[1] His abduction from San Francisco city streets helped bring to light the plight of missing and exploited children in the U.S.

I saw the father speak back in 1989 or 90 when there was a conference in MN about Jacob Wetterling. He looked like he was 90 years old.

This was before the net. He did a lot for child abduction. I wonder if he is still alive. An amazing man .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back