GUILTY CA - Kim Gordon, alive,(Inverness, Scotland, fakes own death), Monastery Beach, 25 Feb 2019 *arrest*

PrincessDiana

Reaction score
News article: Scots dad facing rape charges accused of 'faking own disappearance' from beach

Kim Gordon, 51 (m), Inverness, Scotland was due in court on march 11th 2019 to face 24 charges of alleged rape. He travelled to America with his teenage son, 17, last week. On Feb 25th his son reported him missing to authorities, saying his father wanted to go for a swim in the evening but never returned. Upon being questioned the son's story fell apart and it is now believed that Kim Gordon has faked his on death and is on the run.

This story is quite odd for me as I am from Inverness and have known Kim Gordon as a familiar face in the city for almost all my life. I have friends who have been propositioned by him in the past and I'm not surprised at these allegations in the slightest.

I'm not familiar with the Monastery Beach area in California where he's gone missing, so if there's anyone out there who knows the area I'd love to hear what you have to say.

Thanks!

Last edited:
News article: Scots dad facing rape charges accused of 'faking own disappearance' from beach

Kim Gordon, Inverness, Scotland was due in court on march 11th 2019 to face 24 charges of alleged rape. He travelled to America with his teenage son, 17, last week. On Feb 25th his son reported him missing to authorities, saying his father wanted to go for a swim in the evening but never returned. Upon being questioned the son's story fell apart and it is now believed that Kim Gordon has faked his on death and is on the run.

This story is quite odd for me as I am from Inverness and have known Kim Gordon as a familiar face in the city for almost all my life. I have friends who have been propositioned by him in the past and I'm not surprised at these allegations in the slightest.

I'm not familiar with the Monastery Beach area in California where he's gone missing, so if there's anyone out there who knows the area I'd love to hear what you have to say.

Thanks!
None of the beaches in that area are safe to swim in. Most people go up north to the Santa Cruz area to swim. Here’s a website with some pictures plus the signs which warn against swimming or even wading in the water there.

https://www.californiabeaches.com/beach/monastery-beach/

At first clear pics of the man were shown, now they are obscured- has anything changed?

I’m pretty sure that Scottish law requires media to not release photos of the accused before their trial. I may be wrong. I think it’s only the Scottish websites that are now obscuring his face. American sites still have his images there.

None of the beaches in that area are safe to swim in. Most people go up north to the Santa Cruz area to swim. Here’s a website with some pictures plus the signs which warn against swimming or even wading in the water there.

https://www.californiabeaches.com/beach/monastery-beach/
The funny thing about this is that he’s an avid swimmer. Often doing distance swims for charity in Loch Ness. He’s well known around here for his charity swims. So the idea that he’s come to trouble in the water is interesting to say the least.

And the sheriff’s office is saying he did fake his drowning. Wonder what exactly they know.

Sheriff's Office: Scottish man reported missing at Monastery Beach faked disappearance
I wonder if the son has maybe revealed that his dad has faked his own death? But would that mean the son could be charged for submitting a false police report? I also see that the son has now returned to Scotland. If he were to face charges would they not have kept him in America?

I do wonder what the police know that we don’t. But my guess is the son has said something to them.

So the police were suspicious as his son wasn’t sure how they got to the US? That’s odd in itself.

I read the article's comments as, the son couldn't accurately describe how they got to the beach in California itself, not that he didn't know how they arrived in the country of the United States. (I could of course be wrong!) . If there are too many holes in the story, it suggests that the story itself is a lie, because the son isn't practiced enough a liar to be able to talk convincingly about things which didn't happen. The principle I've always heard is, it's tougher to tell a story with lies because you have to stop and remember the lies; whereas if you're simply recounting what happened, it has a different ring because you are recounting it from experiential memory, and don't have to hunt, pause, stop and backtrack so often.

I read the article's comments as, the son couldn't accurately describe how they got to the beach in California itself, not that he didn't know how they arrived in the country of the United States. (I could of course be wrong!) . If there are too many holes in the story, it suggests that the story itself is a lie, because the son isn't practiced enough a liar to be able to talk convincingly about things which didn't happen. The principle I've always heard is, it's tougher to tell a story with lies because you have to stop and remember the lies; whereas if you're simply recounting what happened, it has a different ring because you are recounting it from experiential memory, and don't have to hunt, pause, stop and backtrack so often.
It could be possible that the son travelled to the beach alone and raised the alarm, but Gordon could have already been long gone somewhere else by that time.

One would think the Scottish police could interrogate the son since the California authorities cannot. Put some pressure on him to tell the truth.
That's surely got to happen this week. He's the last person to have seen him and he's due up in court for 24 rape charges in 11 days, so they will want to find out what's going on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back