GUILTY CA - Krista-Rae Pike, 18, brutally murdered, Madera, 14 Jan 2008

I read this book...cannot for the life of me remember the VIC OR AUTHOR...
BUT I do remember ONE thing...KRISTA carried a pice of the victim's SKULL in her pocket...
Geez, HOW SICK CAN U BE??????????

I was wondering how a book could be out about the crime when it hasn't even gone to trial yet!

WR, I couldn't get the first link (willkern) to work. Can you try it and see if you get an error message? It might just be my pc. So what did this other Pike do? ETA: WOW, I just read the wiki article on the other Pike. How odd they are so similar!!! :eek: :(

http://www.fresnobee.com/updates/story/1190136.html

"Prosecutors will not seek the death penalty against Dustin Robert Gran, one of two suspects charged in the January 2008 killing of 18-year-old Krista Pike, Madera County District Attorney Michael Keitz said this morning.The cases against Gran and Brittany Navarra, the other suspect in the killing, are proceeding through Madera County Superior Court separately. Investigators have said they believe Gran, then 19, killed Pike at the behest of Navarra, then 16. Navarra had once dated Pike's boyfriend"

New Twist in Madera Murder Case

A Madera County Superior Court judge on Tuesday temporarily delayed proceedings involving Dustin Gran -- who is accused, along with Brittany Navarra, of killing Krista Pike, 18, in 2008.

Gran's attorney told the judge he is filing a new motion in the case.

It is not clear what he is seeking, but it could involve financial matters.

Gran has pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity.

Navarra has pleaded not guilty and has asked that the trial be moved out of Madera.

http://www.kmj580.com/pages/landing...dera-Murder-Case=1&blockID=181414&feedID=806&

can't seem to find hardly any news coverage of this trial, I would have thought it would have got a lot of coverage due to the nature of the crime,

trial is still ongoing, jury have seen the interview Gran gave to LE, think we are still in state CIC, difficult to know as so little reporting, there was a gag order in place pre trial and I think it is still in place so only evidence/testimony from the court is reported and not much of that is,

Defence will be all about Grans mental state at time of murders - wonder what they will say he was suffering from

closings are happening in Gran trial, prosecutor is outlining the horrific nature of the injuries to Krista, apparently Gran smashed a hand held weight against the back of her head, stabbed her and cut her throat,

3 guns were stolen from Kristas house and were found in Grans safe to which only he had access.

@Corin Hoggard on twitter is tweeting the closings

there was a third person who was involved in the initial planning of the murder, Veronica Blumberg testified with immunity to what she Gran and Navarro had planned for Krista,

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back