Deceased/Not Found CA - Kristin Smart, 19, San Luis Obispo, 5/25/1996 *Guilty* #4

Have been listening to Chris' Podcast this w/e - soooooo long but he's done SO well bringing all the info to the fore... Good job CL! actually, not just good...pretty amazing work and props to Dennis too who made such a ruckus and brought much attention to the case

Glad justice was finally won for Kristin and her loving family, hopes for them to one day bring her home to rest in peace

Any word on a date in September yet?

Per my notes:

8/2/23 Update: Paul Flores is expected back in court next month where a hearing is set to discuss a change of counsel for the man convicted of murdering Kristin Smart. With Robert Sanger, who represented Flores since before his 2021 preliminary hearing, now reportedly off the case, at least temporarily, Flores is requesting new counsel represent him and the attorney is no stranger to the case. Harold Mesick said that Flores has requested him as substitute counsel for the restitution portion of the Kristin Smart case. The hearing would only relate to new counsel being appointed. A hearing on the determination of restitution would take place at a later date.

See IG stories

I received multiple reports that Paul Flores was involved in an altercation in Pleasant Valley State Prison this morning.

I have confirmed that Paul was airlifted to a hospital with serious injuries.

I will update later with more information.

Paul Fores was attacked today at Pleasant Valley State Prison and airlifted to a a hospital. He was stabbed in the neck or his throat was cut.

Paul Flores was relocated to Pleasant Valley State Prison in Coalinga last week. This morning, he was admitted to general population for the first time. Less than an hour later, another inmate slit his throat. I have no details about what led to this incident.

Paul reportedly experienced substantial blood loss as the result of multiple severe lacerations to his neck, and was airlifted to a trauma center in Fresno where he was stabilized but remains in serious condition.

I know that this news will stir up very strong emotions. Please keep your comments here civil. Feel free to share your unrestrained thoughts and feelings by sharing this post to your own stories.

Thank you

Paul Flores was relocated to Pleasant Valley State Prison in Coalinga last week. This morning, he was admitted to general population for the first time. Less than an hour later, another inmate slit his throat. I have no details about what led to this incident.

Paul reportedly experienced substantial blood loss as the result of multiple severe lacerations to his neck, and was airlifted to a trauma center in Fresno where he was stabilized but remains in serious condition.

I know that this news will stir up very strong emotions. Please keep your comments here civil. Feel free to share your unrestrained thoughts and feelings by sharing this post to your own stories.

Thank you

Wow. An hour. That is all.

8/23/23

The department didn't confirm that Flores had been attacked, with a spokeswoman saying via email that the circumstances surrounding his injury were under investigation and details wouldn't immediately be released.

His attorney, Harold Mesick, said he was notified by corrections officials that Flores was attacked Wednesday, although he didn't have any details.

“I just pray for his recovery,” Mesick said.

[..]

Flores had only been transferred to the Central Valley prison last week from North Kern State Prison, Mesick said.

North Kern is where prisoners are received and processed before being assigned to another facility.

Not going to be surprised if Ruben and/or Paul's mother files suit against the state for not protecting their son.

They, undoubtedly, feel he shouldn't have been convicted in the first place and this attack is just another miscarriage of justice against their good son.

Any word on a date in September yet?

Per my notes:

8/2/23 Update: Paul Flores is expected back in court next month where a hearing is set to discuss a change of counsel for the man convicted of murdering Kristin Smart. With Robert Sanger, who represented Flores since before his 2021 preliminary hearing, now reportedly off the case, at least temporarily, Flores is requesting new counsel represent him and the attorney is no stranger to the case. Harold Mesick said that Flores has requested him as substitute counsel for the restitution portion of the Kristin Smart case. The hearing would only relate to new counsel being appointed. A hearing on the determination of restitution would take place at a later date.
Don’t think he’ll be present for this after the incident yesterday. Like the people on Reddit said it’s crazy it took only an hour before he attacked

Wow:

<snipped>
Paul Flores was taken Wednesday from Pleasant Valley State Prison in Coalinga to an outside hospital where he was in serious condition, according to the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.

The department didn't confirm that Flores had been attacked, with a spokeswoman saying via email that the circumstances surrounding his injury were under investigation and details wouldn't immediately be released.

His attorney, Harold Mesick, said he was notified by corrections officials that Flores was attacked Wednesday, although he didn't have any details.

Man convicted of killing Kristin Smart is attacked in prison and hospitalized in serious condition

My brain says “Prison/mob justice is not a good thing”, my heart says “In this instance … Eh.”

I try to make sure the brain calls the shots, but it’s not always possible.

I know there’s a take on this situation that if Paul dies we lose one source of info about what they did with Kristin’s remains, but I doubt any member of the Flores clan will ever, ever admit anything.

My brain says “Prison/mob justice is not a good thing”, my heart says “In this instance … Eh.”

I know there’s a take on this situation that if Paul dies we lose one source of info about what they did with Kristin’s remains, but I doubt any member of the Flores clan will ever, ever admit anything.
Unfortunately, this has nothing to do with "justice." Incidents like this occur in prison purely for 'prison cred' - and/or notoriety by the inmate or his affiliation. JMO

I feel this 1000%. The supposed women and children don't mess them up. Also I have always known that pedos in jail are always in danger and I am sure in certain places domestic abusers are also not looked highly upon.

Someone I will hope breaks the silence, but at the same time it's been so long who knows if they remember where and if they are still there if animals got it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57
Back