GUILTY CA - Laci Peterson, 27, pregnant, Modesto, 24 Dec 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
Becba said:
It's too bad they had to fight to get the house and the insurance money. It only caused them more grief and they were always entitled to it.
Kinda like rubbing salt in the wounds. I feel so much for Sharon & all who loved Laci& Conner...." There will be no more tears in Heaven" :blowkiss:

Becba said:
It's too bad they had to fight to get the house and the insurance money. It only caused them more grief and they were always entitled to it.
Exactly. They didn't need extra stress added onto what they were already enduring. I'm happy to hear the outcome was the right one.

I am glad for sharon, she seems like a very sweet woman, laci was very blessed to have her and sharon was just as blessed to have Laci, I cant wait to get sharons book....

POSTED: 9:01 am PST December 28, 2005

MODESTO -- Having spent his first Christmas on San Quentin's Death Row, convicted killer Scott Peterson has hired the Menendez Brothers' Bay Area legal team to handle the appeal of his death sentence for the murder of his wife and unborn son.Cliff Gardner of Oakland and Lawrence Gibbs of Berkeley have been retained by Peterson's family as they attempt to jumpstart the process of appealing his case. The state automatically provides attorneys to handle a death row inmate's conviction, but that process can take several years.

Among Gardner's clients is Lyle Menendez while Gibbs represents Erik Menendez. The brothers were convicted in another high profile California murder case -- the shotgun slayings of their parents.

Lee Peterson, Scott's father, told the Modesto Bee it was time for the appeal process to begin.

"Since he is innocent, we don't want him to sit there any longer than he has to," the elder Peterson said.

Scott Peterson was convicted in December 2004 of murdering his wife Laci and the couple's unborn baby on Christmas Eve 2003 and then dumping their bodies into the San Francisco Bay -- ironically in an area of the waterway visible from San Quentin's exercise yards.

Mark Geragos -- Peterson's trial attorney -- said he would offer whatever assistance he could and praised the selection of Gardner, who has won three death penalty reversals in the last two years.

But Gardner cautioned at hopes of any quick action. He said it would take more than a year to review all the court documents for errors, check out new leads and write the first of what could be many appeals. more at link:http://www.ktvu.com/peterson/5690961/detail.html

LinasK said:
Lee Peterson, Scott's father, told the Modesto Bee it was time for the appeal process to begin.

"Since he is innocent, we don't want him to sit there any longer than he has to," the elder Peterson said.

Yea well i am sure sharon rocha didnt want her daughter and grandson in the bay any longer then they were!!!!:furious: those petersons just get to me!!!!

Nore said:
Are they still asking for gas money?
lol, i cant get over that, the nerve these people have is unbelievable!!

What???? No Geragos?

The panel on Greta are just sure that there are all kinds of things to appeal in this case including that Scott had a bad attorney. I don't agree though. I think that the judge covered his butt every which way. If Scott had a bad attorney...that is just tough...he picked him and his family paid big money for him. I really doubt if that "whine" will float.

These two attorneys might have been the M brothers attorneys but if I remember correctly the first time around the brothers had a hung jury and the second time around with these two attorneys they were found guilty.

The sooner Scott's appeals run out the sooner he will be put to death. So the sooner these attorneys get busy the sooner Scott will meet the needle.

Guess Lee and Jackie haven't run out of money yet as they are footing the bill for these attorneys. Wonder if the whole family have moved into tents yet!! Petersons were asking for gas money???????
........................................................................................................

This is what will happen during Scott's appeal about his attorney....this was just handed down for another appeal on death row.

The appeals court said it was inconsequential that Allen's attorney did little to prepare for the trial's penalty phase and failed "sufficiently to investigate and adequately present" evidence to sway jurors to render a judgment of life without parole.

Scott's attorneys will try to say that "Hollywood" didn't prepare for the penalty phase....remember?

Just heard on the news that this marks the first full year of Scott sitting on death row he is said to be adjusting well and he refers to himself as 'Scotty too Hottie'... :loser:

Mygirlsadie said:
Just heard on the news that this marks the first full year of Scott sitting on death row he is said to be adjusting well and he refers to himself as 'Scotty too Hottie'... :loser:
I think HB suits him better.

Valinda said:
I think HB suits him better.
---------------

It was also said he could have an appeal coming up in three or four years,there is an inmate who has it"in for him".Scott and the inmate are kept separated~Darn!! Reported by Vernell(sp) at S.Q..

ahhhhh, that s'plains it - I'd wondered why someone hadn't made SP a collar out of the cells' bars yet...keeping them separated.... Prison populations generally don't take kindly to (a) Guys referred to as "hottie" or (b) baby/infant/child murderers. I was rather hoping for a Dahmer type of exit for SP, myself. :)
L/E

This is ceremonial I presume. The money comes out of the Petersons pocket and into the attorneys pocket, and ma and pa Peterson get older, Scott gets old, the attorney gets older. Ma and Pa lose all their $$$$$$$. Scott gets his last din din, large needle appears, attorney gets richer, and time marches on.

Wonder who will be the next one to sit in 'his' cell. They should list the names of the previus occupants in each cell right on the wall, and WHERE they are now. Would give the 'tenant' lots to think about.

Bobbisangel said:
The sooner Scott's appeals run out the sooner he will be put to death. So the sooner these attorneys get busy the sooner Scott will meet the needle.
AMEN!!!

I just read Lionel Dahmer's book about his son Jeff's life/murders/trial. It was very interesting and a page turner.

Don't the Peterson's get it? No one is interested in their denial. No one. Jeffrey Dahmer's father even published a book and NO ONE, not one publisher is interested in their story or book.

These people are so sick and delusional. If they were my parents I would never speak to them again. Wasting all of their time and money on the little spoiled brat of the family. I'd disown them.

Anne Bird was SO LUCKY that she was given up for adoption. I'm sure she thanks her lucky stars everyday now.

:dance:

I would love to see the grounds of appeal, just because you have a high priced, well known attorney, who is very capable, has won many cases and has a huge client "celebrity" list does not make him "inadequate" before the appeal court.

I don't think Scott will win on appeal.....I just don't see the errors of law.

I think about the Peterson case every now and then, it was a case that really gripped a lot of us. I wonder if our excellent reporter, I believe she is SanQuentinVisitor, has seen Scotty or his parents on any of her visits to the prison. I really appreciated her knowledge of the prison and would love to hear an update if it's available. ;)

Thank you Alice, Thanks so much for taking the time to respond and point me in the right direction. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500