GUILTY CA - Lana Clarkson, 40, fatally shot, Alhambra, 3 Feb 2003

WasBlind said:
Interesting new link

Alhambra police Officer Beatrice Rodriguez testified that Spector told officers at his home: "What's wrong with you guys? What are you doing? I didn't mean to shoot her. It was an accident."

Also has a link to picture slide show.
Prayers for justice, Lanie
Thanks WasBlind. I hadn't heard that one. Maybe I will have to drive to Alhambra after all to listen to opening arguments in this one.

This is what I think on this. I remember reading a lot of stuff on this when it first happened. Lana Clarkson had all but abandoned trying to become a famous actress, and had turned to screenwriting, films and commercials. She had written or was writing a film screenplay about the music business. I think that night at the House of Blues, she was thrilled to meet Phil Spector and thought maybe he could give her some insight into the business for her screenplay, or maybe even help her sell it. She got very drunk while sitting and talking to him, and agreed to go to his house, hoping to continue the conversation. I seriously doubt she went there to sleep with him, she was very tall, very beautiful, and at the time was described by friends as being consumed with writing this screenplay and was very selective about who she dated or had anything to do with as far as men went, because she'd been burned badly before. I think when they arrived at Spector's house and went inside, he made a move on her sexually and she refused, so in his drunken, mentally ill state, he pulled out a gun and pointed it in her face, she grabbed for the gun, and it went off, killing her at point-blank range. He was known for pulling guns on people when annoyed or displeased with things, and this time he killed someone.

Spector Sued by Clarkson's Mother

Phil Spector, currently facing trial for the murder of Lana Clarkson, has been sued for wrongful death by the late actress's mother. Donna Clarkson also accuses Spector of negligence and battery, charging in the lawsuit that the 64-year-old music producer "grabbed, hit, fought with and restrained" her daughter before shooting her to death on February 3, 2003. Donna Clarkson's attorneys, Roderick Lindblom and John Taylor, say in a statement, "The Clarkson family had hoped that there would be some resolution with regard to the criminal proceedings before moving forward with the civil action. However, Ms. Clarkson and her family understand that the fair administration of justice takes time and in light of the numerous changes Mr. Spector has made in his legal defense team over the last two years, Ms Clarkson was forced to file the action before (the statute of limitations expired) on February 3, 2005." Spector denies accusations of shooting Clarkson in the foyer of his home near Los Angeles. An autopsy report concluded that a gun was placed in the 40-year-old actress's mouth and fired. His lead attorney Bruce Cutler says, "Phil did not cause the death of this woman, he's not criminally responsible and he's not civilly responsible either. But I'm not surprised they filed a suit for money, that seems to be de rigueur nowadays."

link

kato said:
And for the most part, has-beens as is freaky Spector.

Sprock:

What's your take on PS?
Well, I've heard media reports that he stumbled out of the house and the limo driver (who heard the shots and called 911) supposedly heard him say, "I think I shot somebody."

I have no idea if that is true, or not.

Accident?
Suicide?
Murder?

This will be an interesting trial to watch. I also imagine it will be much shorter than the Blake trial.

Will there be a forum for the Phil Spector trial? It looks pretty interesting to me. I've changed my own opinion completely around in the last few weeks, and it would be fun to see where other people stand. Anyone?

nellicat said:
Will there be a forum for the Phil Spector trial? It looks pretty interesting to me. I've changed my own opinion completely around in the last few weeks, and it would be fun to see where other people stand. Anyone?

I'm interested in that case but it doesn't seem too any others are at least not yet.

What is your opinion now versus before?

Right, I am also interested in what your earlier opinion was and what changed your mind. He is definitely one strange ranger.

Before, I thought it was at least possible that she was fooling around with the gun and accidentally shot herself. I just didn't see any reason, any reason at all, why PS would have killed this woman. But now I've read that he has a habit of threatening women with his always present, always loaded gun. AND I read (via Dominick Dunne in Vanity Fair), that his DNA was present on Lana's breast. It makes me think that he pulled a gun on her, either to really threaten her or as some sort of sick foreplay, started fooling around with her, and the gun went off accidentally. I still don't think he shot her on purpose, though. What's your theory?

I've always thought he did it. Just because I had read books about him and how he is always brandishing guns around.

kato said:
I've always thought he did it. Just because I had read books about him and how he is always brandishing guns around.

Do you think he did it on purpose or by accident? Do you think he'd have any reason to kill her, or that he was the type of guy who would kill without any reason? I just can't fathom that he would want to kill her.

nellicat said:
Do you think he did it on purpose or by accident? Do you think he'd have any reason to kill her, or that he was the type of guy who would kill without any reason? I just can't fathom that he would want to kill her.

I don't think it was cold-blooded murder but I think he was playing with his guns as he usually does and it happened. But sooner or later with him something like this was bound to happen it was just a matter of when.

kato said:
I don't think it was cold-blooded murder but I think he was playing with his guns as he usually does and it happened. But sooner or later with him something like this was bound to happen it was just a matter of when.

Yes, it certainly seems that way. Well, I guess we don't have to a forum after all - you and I just solved it!!! :D

nellicat said:
Yes, it certainly seems that way. Well, I guess we don't have to a forum after all - you and I just solved it!!! :D

LOL Maybe so.

I'm interested in the trial of Phil Spector too. I have heard Domonique Dunn speak about him several times on Cather Crier's show. As I expected, Phil sounds like a loon. Should be a heck of a ride. :dance:

Maybe we can talk about it in the jury room~~I refuse to go to the CTV boards and discuss it. :snooty: Been there, done that. :crazy:

browneyes said:
I'm interested in the trial of Phil Spector too. I have heard Domonique Dunn speak about him several times on Cather Crier's show. As I expected, Phil sounds like a loon. Should be a heck of a ride. :dance:

Maybe we can talk about it in the jury room~~I refuse to go to the CTV boards and discuss it. :snooty: Been there, done that. :crazy:

No, I wouldn't want to go over there either. It's too convoluted. He's a looney toon alright.

I am movingthis to the Trial Forum and Ya'll can follow the case there.

tybee

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab