GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #5

As previously reported, at a court hearing in San Andreas last week, defense attorneys for Isaiah Fowler, Leila Fowler’s older brother who is accused of stabbing her to death in their Valley Springs home in 2013, expressed optimism that DNA evidence could end up proving him innocent. Sheriff Kuntz scoffs, “We’ll, all I can say is wait until the end of the trial. I am sure that the DNA will tell another story than what they [Fowler’s defense attorneys] are trying to portray it as. I think we have arrested the right person.” As evidence examination continues, the trial start date was set for May 18.

http://www.news10.net/story/news/20...-leila-fowler-murder-case-crumbling/23573793/

In a motion filed Tuesday in Calaveras County Superior Court, the Sacramento law firm of Reichel & Plesser offered a point-by-point analysis of evidence, some of it discovered just last month, they say supports the boy's claim that an intruder killed 8-year-old Leila Fowler on the morning of April 27, 2013...

On Friday, Plesser will argue for the Fowler boy's release into the care of his stepmother's parents in Stockton pending his trial, scheduled for May 18.

"The family wants him out," Plesser said. "Nothing has been presented to them to prove to them that he did this crime. They don't want him to waste any more of his youth behind bars while the prosecution's case seems to get weaker and weaker."

From transcript:

"...Or the first time there is prove there was an intruder. That was the main reason he was arrested. They did not have evidence anyone else had been in the house. Some includes dna results released by the department of justice. They had never tested the hair found on her body. The deal g -- the dot tested it. There was a hair that was hers from her head underneath her clothing. On that hair were bodily fluids of an unknown male. Despite the crime scene no blood was found from her brother. His feet suggests he had not recently bathed. They want to believe a 12 euro committed this and did a cleanup that defied csi. That defied the fbi. They have been looking for evidence of a cleanup. To this day they have seen nothing that convinces them their son did this and they are standing behind him. Kcra three news. The district attorney has not returned our calls. We are told prosecutors are...."

As much as I want Isaiah to not be guilty of this crime this makes no sense.
Surely if there was evidence of someone else the defense would have turned it over.

JMO

I still don't believe her brother is guilty. IT is too clean for a Child to not have evidence on him.

I wonder why all the delays? Is it the defense that is stalling?

I would think they would turn over this new DNA evidence quickly and help free this kid, .....unless....?

I find it odd that the judge hearing the case also rules on admissible evidence ... it isn't like ruling on what a jury can hear as he obviously hears it. Of course, the attorneys know this and know that lie detector tests aren't allowed as evidence. Good way to get it in front of the judge (jury) in the case.

Has anyone found a news source that reports what happened in court earlier that day? The local sources I've found always wait until the next morning and I'm eager to hear what, if any proof they have. Like others have noted, I have a hard time believing the brother could have pulled this off and left so little evidence, didn't injure himself and sustained all those interrogations without caving. (IMO The so-called confession sounds like something anyone might say if you were exhausted, scared and the police kept insisting over and over and over that you must have done it because there's no evidence anyone else was there etc.)

Has anyone found a news source that reports what happened in court earlier that day? The local sources I've found always wait until the next morning and I'm eager to hear what, if any proof they have. Like others have noted, I have a hard time believing the brother could have pulled this off and left so little evidence, didn't injure himself and sustained all those interrogations without caving. (IMO The so-called confession sounds like something anyone might say if you were exhausted, scared and the police kept insisting over and over and over that you must have done it because there's no evidence anyone else was there etc.)

Also want to believe he didn't do it. But I wouldn't bet on him. :(

If Leila's brother did commit this crime, I don't see how he could possibly have showered all the blood evidence off his body, and how could there be no blood evidence left in the shower stall - you would think there would be diluted blood residue left on the liner or curtain, but it doesn't sound like there was.

I don't remember hearing about the nearby abandoned house with the squatter living in it. it's been such a long time since I followed this case very closely at all but just from the little I've read it doesn't seem like there is much Evidence against him.

I need to go read the article again.

"Fowler Trial Could Conclude on Monday"

http://www.calaverasenterprise.com/news/article_98da2ec6-6898-11e5-8506-db235e40dc3a.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramada.williams.gc@gmail.
Back