Identified! CA - Los Angeles Co, WhtFem 40-55, UP16521, struck by car, multiple tattoos, Mar'17 - Nancy Elizabeth Norman

If she was 40 in 2017 then she’s basically the same age as me and I was born in 78. In which case I think the tattoo would be a brothers birth date (twin who died) or a dad or brothers date of death.

If she’s upper end of the age range then it could be a sons DOB as well as the other options.

I have a question, if anyone can answer please...
Will the LA County Coroner/Detectives do a cross check of local missing people first?

I ask this because there is a potential strong match with a missing who's been missing for a long time from the Venice, CA area.

Kimberly Ann Kahler
missing since Jan. 1, 1980
age 16 years old
last seen in Venice CA
5' 8" 145 lbs.
Red Hair, Blue Eyes, freckles, and small scar on lip

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
CA - CA - Kimberly Kahler, 15, Venice, 1 Jan 1980

What intrigues me is the vintage 1980's "Billycoat"...it's a personal item and not something from the Goodwill. JMHO

The new post-mortem photo really does look like Kimberly. Face shape, complexion, hair and eye colors, height, weight and location all seem to match.
Kimberly went missing at age 16 in 1980, which would have made her 53 in 2017, which is in the estimated age range of Jane Doe. Did anyone submit?

Can you guys look at this and tell me if you see the resemblance?
MP and UID are very similar in my opinion and I just need some other eyes on it.
Angela Kay Marshky also often listed as: Angela Kay (Marshky) Galyath
Missing March 18, 2012 ; has a son who went up for adoption 12/15/15: ALEXANDER WAYNE MARSHKY father: unknown
Legal Notices
And it looks like her husband died in 2010: Jake is survived by his wife, Angela (Marshky) Galyath; a son and daughter, Jadian Matthew Galyath and Jasmine Hanna Galyath, both of Robinson, IL
Jacob D. Galyath III, 39
This would make her 37 in 2017
Hair matches, even the hairline is similar with the small widows peak in the front, nose is similar, height, weight etc.
Her date of birth is May 29 1979, I can not find a correlation to a Mark...possible father died or older brother?

Please let me know your thoughts

MP and UID are very similar in my opinion and I just need some other eyes on it.
Missing March 18, 2012 ; has a son who went up for adoption 12/15/15: ALEXANDER WAYNE MARSHKY father: unknown
Legal Notices
And it looks like her husband died in 2010: Jake is survived by his wife, Angela (Marshky) Galyath; a son and daughter, Jadian Matthew Galyath and Jasmine Hanna Galyath, both of Robinson, IL
Jacob D. Galyath III, 39
Hair matches, even the hairline is similar with the small widows peak in the front, nose is similar, height, weight etc.
Her date of birth is May 29 1979, I can not find a correlation to a Mark...possible father died or older brother?

I Personally don't see the resemblance but if she had been using drugs then her weight and appearance could have changed markedly anyway. If you feel strongly about it then I say submit it.

Legal Notices
Jacob D. Galyath III, 39

WARNING GRAPHIC PHOTO BELOW

Comparing:
Original
Original
angela_kay_marshky_5.jpg
angela_kay_marshky_4.jpg

More pics at CP: Angela Kay Marshky – The Charley Project

Hmmm... I don't know. I see what you are saying about the similar hairline. She would have lost a lot of weight and gotten all those tattoos over the course of about 5 years (Angela doesn't have any tats listed). Which are both possible if she was living on the streets. I think the UID's face may be distorted in shape due to the car accident and perhaps her nose is a bit flattened too...Which makes it hard to compare. It wouldn't hurt if you want to send Angela in as a suggestion. MOO.

WARNING GRAPHIC PHOTO BELOW

Comparing:
Original
Original
angela_kay_marshky_5.jpg
angela_kay_marshky_4.jpg

More pics at CP: Angela Kay Marshky – The Charley Project

Hmmm... I don't know. I see what you are saying about the similar hairline. She would have lost a lot of weight and gotten all those tattoos over the course of about 5 years (Angela doesn't have any tats listed). Which are both possible if she was living on the streets. I think the UID's face may be distorted in shape due to the car accident and perhaps her nose is a bit flattened too...Which makes it hard to compare. It wouldn't hurt if you want to send Angela in as a suggestion. MOO.

You mean that Angela would have had to gain weight right? The UP is 158lbs and Angela was 155lbs, so she would have had to gain 3 lbs over 5 years and got a few tattoos?

You mean that Angela would have had to gain weight right? The UP is 158lbs and Angela was 155lbs, so she would have had to gain 3 lbs over 5 years and got a few tattoos?

Oops, you are right-- the weights are close enough it really doesn't matter. I must have looked at her weight wrong. Angela's face appears much fuller and rounder than the UID's which seems long and thin and Angela's neck seems much broader... but perhaps that thin face look on the UID could be somewhat a result of the car accident? MOO.

Oops, you are right-- the weights are close enough it really doesn't matter. I must have looked at her weight wrong. Angela's face appears much fuller and rounder than the UID's which seems long and thin and Angela's neck seems much broader... but perhaps that thin face look on the UID could be somewhat a result of the car accident? MOO.
Or the photos were taken during or shortly after pregnancy? She does seem to have a note of having at least one child.

Not likely due to distance and no mention of tattoos

Thumbnail

Demographics
Missing Age37 Years
Current Age59 Years
First NameDiana
Middle NameRenee
Last NameLOEWEN
Nickname/Alias--

SexFemale
Height5' 9" - 5' 11" (69 - 71 Inches)
Weight130 - 170 lbs
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last ContactNovember 2, 1997
NamUs Case CreatedSeptember 6, 2012
Last Known Location Map
LocationRancho Cordova, California 95670
CountySacramento County

Circumstances of DisappearanceThe MP is a transient who was last seen on the evening of 11/02/1997 at approximatley 2200 hours. She was "dumpster diving" with a fellow friend. The friend claims he got into the dumpster to retrieve somethimng and when he got out, LOEWEN was no where to be found. She has not been seen or heard from since.
Physical Description
Hair ColorRed/Auburn
Head Hair Descriptionshoulder length, wavy
Body Hair Descriptionnone
Facial Hair Descriptionnone
Left Eye ColorGray
Right Eye ColorGray
Eye Descriptioneyes were described as being gray/blue
Distinctive Physical Features
No Known Information

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Accessories
baseball cap (no further description available)

Clothing
levi's pants, unknown shirt description

Footwear
unknown

Jewelry
earrings (no further description available)

Rita.jpg OriginalRitaCombo.jpg
Photo of Rita in 2005 / Photo of Rita and UID 50/50

Rita Marie Kowalski, aka Nickname/Alias: Brandy Hough
Female, White / Caucasian

Date Last Contact: October 15, 2007

Date of Birth: January 1, 1978
Age Missing: 29 Years
Current Age: 42 Years
5' 8"
216 lbs
Hair: Blond/Strawberry
Eyes: Blue
Piercing: Lower Lip, Scar/Mark: "Rita" on back of neck

Circumstances: Last known to have visited her grandmother.

Rita Kowalski has a criminal record which can be seen at the link. She is currently wanted on a parole violation for a crime she was charged with back in 2002.

Offender Tracking Information System (OTIS) - Offender Profile

Don't think they have her DNA on file. Do not know if her fingerprints are available.
Do not know if any of the UID's tattoo's have been destroyed by road rash.

Could Rita Kowalski abscond to Los Angeles, use an alias, get a few new tattoos and lose 60 lbs in 10 years?

Emmett Township Police
(269) 788-1760

Agency Case Number 11-3567
S. Graves, Detective
--

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics