CA CA - Lulaida Morales Sejalbo, 17, Santa Clara, 25 Nov 1973

Lulaida now has dentals and DNA available, and they've made an age progression.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4557/0

Carbuff, this girl really strikes me. I've not seen this thread before. Missing 1973 from Santa Clara County Ca. Pacific Islander; does this mean Hawaii? It's Terry Rasmussen that comes to mind. Could the middle child have been Pacific Islander rather than Native American? I'm wondering whether they will run this girls DNA against the middle child or whether they can run it against TR's? This girl disappeared at age 18 during a time he was in and out of the area she disappeared from? Could she have had a baby a year later or so?

Oh, I never even thought of that possibility! Yes, I think Pacific Islander inculdes Hawaii.

She might be a victim of TR's but I don't think she could be the mother of the middle child; her DNA and the child's ought to have been compared automatically.

I don't know why. But I'm always Leary that DNA has actually been compared.

I don't know why. But I'm always Leary that DNA has actually been compared.

Yes, it's always a question, isn't it? The new system supposedly deals with the problems the old one had, but I'm holding my judgement for a while.

Pragmatically speaking, though, you have to have a very strong case to get anybody to look further if it appears there should have been an automatic match.

Time to bump again for Lulaida. She disappeared shortly after Thanksgiving. Since her work uniform was found in her car, she evidently changed out of it because she was going somewhere. I wonder if she had a date. Or did she go to a mall for the after Thanksgiving sales ? I wish we knew what time her shift ended and also exactly where her car was found.

Lulida was my friend. She was so sweet and had a beautiful smile. She was from the Philipines, and was living with her aunt and uncle when she disappeared. She had just gotten off work at McDonalds, which was just off the corner of Scott Blvd and El Camino Real (original location, not the one just torn down). She was supposed to go to a birthday party if I recall correctly, but never made it there. We always thought somebody was waiting in her car in the McDonald's parking lot, but I don't know if that is the truth. A few years later, another young woman went missing from the Mervyns shopping center which would have been caddy-corner from the McDonalds where Lulaid worked. This girl had gone out to the parking lot for her break and was abducted. Some of the other girl's bones were later found in the Santa Cruz Mountains and a serial killer was convicted. I have often wondered if Lulaida was an earlier victim of his since he said he had killed others beside those he was convicted for.

Lulida was my friend. She was so sweet and had a beautiful smile. She was from the Philipines, and was living with her aunt and uncle when she disappeared. She had just gotten off work at McDonalds, which was just off the corner of Scott Blvd and El Camino Real (original location, not the one just torn down). She was supposed to go to a birthday party if I recall correctly, but never made it there. We always thought somebody was waiting in her car in the McDonald's parking lot, but I don't know if that is the truth. A few years later, another young woman went missing from the Mervyns shopping center which would have been caddy-corner from the McDonalds where Lulaid worked. This girl had gone out to the parking lot for her break and was abducted. Some of the other girl's bones were later found in the Santa Cruz Mountains and a serial killer was convicted. I have often wondered if Lulaida was an earlier victim of his since he said he had killed others beside those he was convicted for.

Welcome to Websleuths; I am very sorry for the loss of your friend. May she be recovered and receive justice.

If you are still in the area, this guy, John Arthur Getreu, seems like a good suspect to me as he was active in the area at the time, was recently arrested in Santa Clara in November 2018. Suspected in two cold case murders from 73 (Leslie Perlov) and 74 (Janet Ann Taylor), but was active in 1963 having raped and murdered 16 year old girl in Germany. Also convicted of a rape in Santa Clara in 1975. Authorities are convinced there's more victims out there.

Stanford Grad Murder Suspect Connected to Another 70s Case

Another Parabon NanoLab solve; I love this technology!

That sample was sent in July to Parabon NanoLab for further evaluation, Santa Clara County sheriff's officials said last year. The Virginia-based DNA technology company developed a profile based on the sample and sent it to a public genetic genealogy database that matched it with Getreu based on the DNA of his relatives. Investigators obtained DNA samples from the Hayward man that were sent to the county crime laboratory for further testing, sheriff's officials said.

On Nov. 9, 2018, the lab found the new DNA from Getreu matched the DNA samples gathered from the crime scene. According to the lab report, "the probability that a random, unrelated individual could be included as a possible contributor to this deduced profile was approximately 1 (in) 65 septillion."

Cold case connection: same man now charged with two 1970's murders

It is now a few days past the anniversary of Lulaida's having gone missing. Six years after Lulaida's disappearance, Linda Ann Jozovich disappeared from the Mervyn's store parking lot in Santa Clara. Her partial skeletal remains were found many years later. Terry Childs was convicted for her murder. He would have been about eighteen years old at the time of Lulaida's disappearance. I wonder if he lived in the area at that time.

Lulaida Morales Sejalbo
  • lulaida_morales_sejalbo_1.jpg
  • lulaida_morales_sejalbo_2.jpg
Lulaida, circa 1973; Age-progression to age 59 (circa 2014)

• Missing Since 11/25/1973
  • Missing From Santa Clara, California
  • Classification Lost/Injured Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race Asian
  • Date of Birth 12/03/1955 (64)
  • Age 17 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'3, 120 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A McDonald's work uniform.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Asian female. Black hair, brown eyes. Lulaida is of Filipino descent. She has a scar on her right foot. She may use the first name Loyola. One of her teeth is missing and another has restorations.
Details of Disappearance
Lulaida departed from her place of employment, a McDonald's restaurant in Santa Clara, California, on November 25, 1973. She never returned to her residence and has not been heard from again.

A month after Lulaida's disappearance, her vehicle was found abandoned in Santa Clara with her purse, work uniform, keys and other personal belongings inside. There was no evidence as to her whereabouts. Authorities believe she may have been taken against her will.

Foul play is suspected in Lulaida's case.
Investigating Agency
  • Santa Clara Police Department 408-615-4700
Source Information

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members