CA CA - Lynn Luray, 15, Long Beach, 17 Aug 1964

I previously asked whether Gilbert's story about Luray meeting Carey at a Wesley Smith service cast doubt on his version due to the 80 miles between Smith's church and the Luray home. I have now found out that Smith held meetings at the Hollywood Women's Club, a more manageable distance. So, one by one, it seems that small details in the Gilbert story do hold up.

Still does not say whether his full version of the story is accurate.

The timing of Carey jumping bail lines up perfectly. Interesting info on a zodiac forum discusses it further. Do a quick google search.

I was once on that zodiac site and left just Bc it can be grating, but definitely remember getting into details there with Keith Gilbert. I let the Long Beach PD know about his info he gave up in the early 20teens, but back then Long Beach didn’t even have a cold case unit anymore.

they have way too many open active cases as it is unfortunately.

c3a4c93b4fa6047d7ae6f0e097e55b0b.jpg

Lynn Bernadette Luray, age 15
Missing since 17 August 1964

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/382172718361699190/

It seems there may be something to Gilbert's story (although without any indication as to what subsequently happened to Luray and Carey) - at least the FBI seem to have thought so. A clipping from the Daily Independent from Kannapolis NC can be found at The Daily Independent from Kannapolis, North Carolina on January 5, 1966 · Page 18 and can be read by clicking on OCR text. It can more easily be read in the attached picture (which comes from an unapproved site hence me not linking to it but it is a pic of the original clipping). It is a report of an FBI notice seeking Carey as a bail jumper and noting that,
"Carey may be accompanied by .......a 16 year old runaway girl."

This article find mentioning a 16 year old runaway girl is bombshell validated information. It should be taken seriously.

I happen to believe Gilbert and his story. Truth is stranger than fiction. There are many FBI vault files on Mower as well and his connections to the minutemen. It is suspected that Mower was perhaps the assasinator of MLK and the FBI helped with keeping it secret and Mower anonymous. It’s is also suspected Mower had many other homicides he committed on contract AND personal levels. I would not put it past him to kill Lynn (and Carey) if he thought she knew too much or was simply a liability as an underage runaway girl being in his/Carey’s custody.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels
Back