CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo surveillance/traffic cams along entrance and exit routes will be thoroughly scrutinized and hopefully can could produce a lead.

There is a wastewater treatment plant between Malibu Creek State Park and Tapia Park. I am positive there is a camera at the gated entrance. Whether or not it points to the road is a different story.

There is a wastewater treatment plant between Malibu Creek State Park and Tapia Park. I am positive it was a camera as I've seen it.
Police canvassing/collecting nearby surveillance is standard procedure for LE in investigations...I would think they would know about this plant, but is there a chance they might not have thought to do this?? Would it be worth sending this in as a tip? I suppose it couldn't hurt...anyone want to please send that in? Tia!!

Eta: maybe the shooter works at the plant? What times do their shifts begin and end?

Last edited:
Google maps has his site about 700 feet from the road if the park map is correct.

I’m stuck though without knowing the round by this seems to explain the physics of the different rounds.
Captcha

Can’t get a good line of sight on the computer looking at those spots and the road, lots of trees.

I zoomed in as far as I could to label the spots.

Thanks! You’re a rockstar.

Attachments

• 88F7672B-B42B-4611-94A2-0DD1A52DB51F.jpeg
    88F7672B-B42B-4611-94A2-0DD1A52DB51F.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 15
- This is an early investigation. What evidence would we expect them to find so soon that links to the other shootings? In fact, LE has not said that any of the other shootings appear linked to one another, either.

- The campgrounds remain closed to camping. Why?

This is just my amateurish and totally untrained person's guess, but whether we have 1 shooter or 8 shooters at large, I believe LE can distinguish between random vs targeted, quite easily, just by looking at the crime scene.

The campgrounds closed indefinitely because it's a crime scene. They are still gathering evidence for June 22 shooting.

You’re probably right but sometimes criminals mess up. Especially if they are younger because their prefrontal cortex isn’t completely developed. With the previous shootings mainly being over a summer or winter break, it’s possible we are looking at some sort of student.

Map shows Pepperdine University on down the road to the south.

Wouldn't have to be a student, necessarily. Faculty, staff, working in a peripheral business like a pizza place or pub that doesn't do as much business during break...

I wonder if there have been even more shootings, and people just weren’t aware of it. It seems like this person shoots only one or two shots, and these other incidents are only known because a person/vehicle got hit. Perhaps other shots have hit the ground and nobody even realized they were shot at.

I wonder if there have been even more shootings, and people just weren’t aware of it. It seems like this person shoots only one or two shots, and these other incidents are only known because a person/vehicle got hit. Perhaps other shots have hit the ground and nobody even realized they were shot at.
Exactly, moo.

Or they might not have bothered to report it. Shots are rather common in many rural areas. I know if LE came asking me about shots at a previous time, I probably couldn't remember whether there were any. Most nights there's somebody with a shotgun or .22 pistol shooting off a varmint (raccoon in the trash, coyote bothering the dogs, etc.) and it's hard to tell what it was or where it came from. We're on top of a hill and can hear a shot from at least a mile away.

With so many vehicles on the roads out here, backfire is common. One just never knows.

Back-fire - Wikipedia

Google maps has his site about 700 feet from the road if the park map is correct.

I’m stuck though without knowing the round by this seems to explain the physics of the different rounds.
Captcha

Can’t get a good line of sight on the computer looking at those spots and the road, lots of trees.

I zoomed in as far as I could to label the spots. Which I completely messed up the numbering. Will do a new one

Thank you for that! I have a little over 800 feet. So close enough for a car to drive to the road and not far for a killer to trot over and find a target, right? Very dark but if they know the area...

Or they might not have bothered to report it. Shots are rather common in many rural areas. I know if LE came asking me about shots at a previous time, I probably couldn't remember whether there were any. Most nights there's somebody with a shotgun or .22 pistol shooting off a varmint (raccoon in the trash, coyote bothering the dogs, etc.) and it's hard to tell what it was or where it came from. We're on top of a hill and can hear a shot from at least a mile away.

I don't know. This is Malibu Canyon. Calabasas. A lot of wealthy people. Again, no hunting allowed anywhere nearby. It's just not like rural areas elsewhere. It's not legal to discharge firearms in the city of Calabasas. The sound of gunshots in the dead of night would stand out in this are as opposed to places where hunting occurs or guns are more part of the way of life.

People in this region are still haunted by things like the Manson killings. I believe gun shots at night would be remembered.

This is just my amateurish and totally untrained person's guess, but whether we have 1 shooter or 8 shooters at large, I believe LE can distinguish between random vs targeted, quite easily, just by looking at the crime scene.

The campgrounds closed indefinitely because it's a crime scene. They are still gathering evidence for June 22 shooting.

How do you think they can do that?

Thank you for that! I have a little over 800 feet. So close enough for a car to drive to the road and not far for a killer to trot over and find a target, right? Very dark but if they know the area...
Are there street lights along that stretch with the curve? I’m zoomed in on google maps and seeing what may be street light shadows or may be something else.

Or lights on the bathroom/showers in the middle?

Anyone compared what phase the moon was in during that time? Did the shootings coincide with a full moon when lighting wouldn’t be needed once your eyes adjusted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX