CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• MitriceRichardson.JPG
    MitriceRichardson.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 22
I think its the skeleton found of the man from El Monte that I posted about a little while back. He was found in Tapia Park in 2011

COD was undetermined for him and there is literally 0 on Google about him being missing.

I agree. That’s why it’s an important piece of information. Was he shot from up close or far away? If he was shot from up close then I believe it was a hit or he was targeted. If he was shot from far away then I think this was random and is probably linked to the other shootings.

I think there is another possibility. If TB came face to face with the random shooter somehow (he was camping and they had a disagreement), so he upped the ante and shot him up close or at least closer than the other victims. Very small probability that's what happened, but it does connect everything.

Does someone have the hots for TBs wife?
Does somebody feel they lost a spouse due to TBs wife? Decided to settle the score?

Total speculation and I probably watch too much TV.

That was my first suspicion, with the move to the Bay Area being the triggering event. If it's a domestic issue, we have to consider the two daughters in the tent. That would lead me to believe something like they aren't his daughters, or he made some other woman pregnant. I don't think this was the case as there is zero known evidence of something like this.

I am bringing forth these little tidbits which I bolded in red and underlined. Thoughts?

Tristan Beaudette, a scientist who worked in pharmaceuticals, was camping at the state park in Calabasas just off Las Virgenes Road on Friday when he was fatally shot before dawn while asleep with his 4- and 2-year-old daughters.

Mystery at Malibu Creek park: Who killed father at campground, and is it connected to other shootings?

The park, just 25 miles from downtown Los Angeles, was unusually empty at the time of Beaudette’s camping trip, CNN reported.

At 4:45am, authorities responded to a call about shots fired in the park.

California scientist's murder while camping in state park possibly connected to multiple shootings

Those images appear to have been taken quite some time ago when it was much more lush/green. As you can see in the recent video/photos in the media lately, it's a lot more dried out and brown now.
Those photos are just a different season. That, and probably a more rainy year. I’ll agree the campground is almost unrecognizable as the same campground. I had to study the photos for a bit.

I am bringing forth these little tidbits which I bolded in red and underlined. Thoughts?

The park, just 25 miles from downtown Los Angeles, was unusually empty at the time of Beaudette’s camping trip, CNN reported.

I think CNN is wrong on this point.

A previous link to a MSM story said that 60 of the 63 campsites were occupied, right? (Someone please correct me if I got the number wrong, I can't find the specific post from earlier offhand that cited this figure). That's not "unusually empty". That campground, like nearly all major campgrounds in the area, open for reservations many months in advance and usually book up very quickly. It would not be at all unusual for all 63 sites to be booked at this time of year and then 3 groups not show up for whatever reason, resulting in 60 of the 63 sites being occupied.

"Malibu Creek State Park covers some 8,000 acres in the Santa Monica Mountains about 30 miles west of Los Angeles. Officials say the park's 63 campsites were nearly full."
Second shooting at California state park where dad was killed while camping with daughters

Tristan Beaudette, a scientist who worked in pharmaceuticals, was camping at the state park in Calabasas just off Las Virgenes Road on Friday when he was fatally shot before dawn while asleep with his 4- and 2-year-old daughters.

Mystery at Malibu Creek park: Who killed father at campground, and is it connected to other shootings?

California scientist's murder while camping in state park possibly connected to multiple shootings

I thought 60 of the 63 camping spots were occupied when TB and Family were occupying Spots 49 and 51. How is that "unusually empty"? Geez, CNN!

shasa17: our posts overlapped.

I think CNN is wrong on this point.

A previous link to a MSM story said that 60 of the 63 campsites were occupied, right? (Someone please correct me if I got the number wrong, I can't find the specific post from earlier offhand that cited this figure). That's not "unusually empty". That campground, like nearly all major campgrounds in the area, open for reservations many months in advance and usually book up very quickly. It would not be at all unusual for all 63 sites to be booked at this time of year and then 3 groups not show up for whatever reason, resulting in 60 of the 63 sites being occupied.

"Malibu Creek State Park covers some 8,000 acres in the Santa Monica Mountains about 30 miles west of Los Angeles. Officials say the park's 63 campsites were nearly full."
Second shooting at California state park where dad was killed while camping with daughters

You're right. This campground is likely never empty except maybe during bad weather. I don't know where they got that. I remember the 60/63 mentioned somewhere in MSM.

"Shots Fired": The first link calls it a shot fired, not plural shots. The second link refers to shots.

The park being unusually empty: Maybe I'm reading it incorrectly, but when I follow the links to the CNN report, I only see CNN talking about the park being desolate on Wednesday, June 27, which was 5 days after the campground was closed because of the shooting: "On Wednesday, the park -- typically buzzing with vacationers enjoying the summer weather -- was eerily desolate. Silence enveloped its 63 campsites, including Campsite 51, where Beaudette was shot." Father killed while camping with 2 young daughters was shot in head, coroner says - CNN

Just an off the wall thought here, what are the animal rights organizations like in that area?

Do you mean someone might be taking animal rights to extremes and shooting at people in the campground?

I'm not sure I see a connection; could you please elaborate?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Do you mean someone might be taking animal rights to extremes and shooting at people in the campground?

I'm not sure I see a connection; could you please elaborate?

Thanks.

Just trying to come up with any theory that would suggest TB was the intended target. I keep going to a random shooter. However, being a pharmaceutical scientist had me thinking of animal rights extremists and animal testing.

Just trying to come up with any theory that would suggest TB was the intended target. I keep going to a random shooter. However, being a pharmaceutical scientist had me thinking of animal rights extremists and animal testing.

Ahhh, got it!! Excellent point. Anything is possible.

Night shift checking in, bringing fwd the latest msm as I go back to get caught up::

After Father Is Killed at Malibu Creek State Park, Authorities Investigate Whether 7 Prior Shootings at Campsite Are Linked

"In a statement, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department said it’s looking for links between the 35-year-old’s killing and seven shootings dating to November 2016.

Detectives have not determined a motive behind the shooting and currently there’s no evidence that suggest all the incidents are connected, the statement said."

Snip

"The shootings detectives are investigating took place on November 3 and 9, 2016; January 7, June 6, July 22, July 30, 2017 and most recently on June 18.

It’s unclear whether the shootings resulted in fatalities."

*OK it's the second time I've seen this above statement (last sentence above) and it is REALLY WIERD to me. The first time I didn't even post it bc I thought it was some sort of bad journalism/error.

Terrible journalism (headline, "not linked" as in "rule out"

Fatal Shooting Not Linked To Other Malibu Park Crimes: Officials

"CALABASAS, CA – There is no evidence linking last Friday's fatal shooting of a father camping with his young daughters at Malibu Creek State Park with earlier shootings in the area, Sheriff's Homicide detectives said Friday – but a possible link has not been ruled out."

Whaaat? Is this more bad journalism? (Headline "linked")

7 other unsolved shootings linked to Malibu park where father was killed

"There are new details in connection with a string of shootings at a popular campsite along Southern California’s Malibu coast. Police are now considering a possible link between last week's deadly attack on a man while he was sleeping and seven other unsolved shootings. Carter Evans reports."

Malibu Creek State Park slaying probe will look back to 7 past shootings

"CALABASAS, Calif. (AP) — Detectives investigating the fatal shooting of a camper at a popular California wilderness park last week will look for links to seven past shootings in the area dating back to 2016, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said Friday."

Not definitive, but the statement that the children were also in the tent seems to indicate that the Lieutenant was only referring to TB's location when he was shot -- and that he was not referring to the shooter's location: "The theory we are working with is he was shot inside the tent," Lieutenant Moore said. "The children were inside the tent, too. " BBC Report -- Dad shot dead while camping with daughters

I think he means Tristan was inside the tent when he was shot, as opposed to someone fired the shots from inside the tent.

For once CNN might be the only one reporting accurately, at least in the headline. (For anyone who followed MH370 you might get the joke)

I think its the skeleton found of the man from El Monte that I posted about a little while back. He was found in Tapia Park in 2011

Identified! - CA - Los Angeles Co., Skeletal remains in Tapia Park, Oct'11 - Khanh Quang Le

COD was undetermined for him and there is literally 0 on Google about him being missing.

I think there is another possibility. If TB came face to face with the random shooter somehow (he was camping and they had a disagreement), so he upped the ante and shot him up close or at least closer than the other victims. Very small probability that's what happened, but it does connect everything.
Second time now I've thought of Tim Watkins. Not related, just saying reminded/vibe, moo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member