Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #3

I think I've suggested this before, but Mistivon if you have names of people you've identified as being connected that you are unable to mention here then if I was you I would be looking through their FB pictures to see if there are places they go, any rural or deserted locations in their photos, any landmarks, any possible dumping locations, also any references on FB to drug clinics or careworkers, people who've liked her photos, names that keep coming up. You never know what you might identify and something might click into place in your mind.

I am sad that the discussion has taken this morbid turn. I so want her to be found and to turn up safe and well. I understand what you are doing Mistivon, don't feel alone. The kind of people who are on this site are the kind of people who understand why you want to find out what has happened to her, and that it comes from a good place.

This even kinda sounds Hollywoodish to me but I often think about the 2 sketchy guys that approached Sarah that night asking for the time. She said she wasn't even sure one was a male. Her cell phone was dead and seems odd to me that they zeroed in on that. I thought maybe others had Mari and had her look at the 2 approach her sister and they said, "You will cooperate or we will...."

I remember reading an article about a sex trafficking ring bust in Van Nuys. Two guys were still on the loose, one was transgender. I think about the 2 Hispanic women (?) who are accused of taking Papini.

Here is a snippit of the article I reference:

Ramon Alberto Armendarez, 28, who is transgender and also goes by the name of Amy “Paola” Interiano, and Edom Lucas Perez, 23, went on the run after they were arrested for pimping as part of “a large-scale prostitution brothel” and then posted bail, Evans said."

Here is the entire article:

http://www.dailynews.com/social-affairs/20160829/more-than-200-busted-in-months-long-valley-human-trafficking-sweep

Here are pictures of the guys that went on the run:

http://laopinion.com/se-busca-5/

I cannot believe we didn't find anything this weekend. That leads me to believe that she is not in this area. The only hope i have left is that we still have not located the people specified in the tips. Mr. Mistivon and I (and Balboa Moon, I'm sure) will continue looking throughout the week. Until I find those people and they say they have not seen her, then I can't absolutely rule it out. However, since no one else is familiar with her, I don't think she's here. I've never thought she was voluntary anyway, but I still had such hope for the weekend.
We looked along most of Burbank Blvd and had a couple of scares (such as the pit bull guarding one homeless camp and the vultures circling, which turned out to be a small animal), but it's not even a drop in the bucket. I'm trying so hard to have hope but it's starting to fade. I'm so frustrated because I have absolutely no idea. I think someone knows where she is or knows more about her disappearance than they are letting on. I wish those people would just say what they know and lead me in a direction. I can't help but feel, "just one more hour" or "just one more block." What if she was just past where we stopped looking? But by the same token, if she's being trafficked, she could be in New York or New Mexico.
Thanks for letting me vent. I'm just so sad and I feel so lost. I don't know how or why the family is not out searching 24/7. How can they NOT be (although we did talk to some people today that said an older Hispanic man was out there just a day or so ago asking)? I know I am not even family and some people don't understand what I am doing. I ask myself that, too. I can't explain it. I just know that if I was lost I would pray to God that someone would search for me without giving up. I can't quit :(

ETA: Aren't there a few girls missing from the Yolo county area where Papini was found? Are there threads for them or does someone have a list/ I seem to recall there are quite a few. TIA

I am so happy you brought up the fact the family is not out searching for her 24/7. I know I would do that for my loved one so it saddens me very much to the point that I want to be out there looking. Even though I don't know her personally & I have a weak tummy when it comes to that sort of thing. I just can't shake it off my mind to be honest with you. They can be scared due to the possible circumstances or they know more than what is being said.

If the ex is involved is he cooperating? Has any family members offered to drive/fly down to his area to speak to him? To see for themselves if he has any involvement or if she may be there? Could it be she left to be with him? Was that her secret? Could she be with child so she took off with the father? I am just trying to see all angles of this case, not just the past drug use.

It was mentioned in earlier posts that MG had ties to Mission Hills has anyone contacted those people or know where those 'hang outs' are? I noticed on one of her social media pics---her posing in front of Millie's Restaurant in Mission Hills. It is no longer there and in fact the shopping center is under construction. I can definitely post flyers in this area since I am nearby if you'd like.

Also, do you think if the reward money was higher more people may want to come forward or bring in more tips? I wonder if her past acquaintances/friends know of any other places she might have gone to?? I am sure the PI has and is covering all of that. Just like by now the authorities and the PI have her phone records to give them a pathway.

Now if she left involuntarily (like I have always believed) then who knows where she could be, sad to say. Is there anyway you can ask the family if the Hispanic man 'asking questions' was her dad or someone else in the family? I hate to think of it being someone who is covering their tracts? I always think of Ariel Castro who helped with the searches and was in the background via the news. When all along he had those precious girls---Knight, Berry, and DeJesus. And with the recent case of Sarah Stern, the boys charged, helped in her search. Ugh!!!

Last but not least have the morgues been checked? Not sure if the family or PI check in with the Coroner's office weekly, it is something that no one wants to do since having hope is everything. But I am not sure if non-family members are allowed to get status updates with them or not?

I sent you a PM Mistivon, so just let me know how I can assist this week with anything you need.

from Leese12:
"Last but not least have the morgues been checked? Not sure if the family or PI check in with the Coroner's office weekly, it is something that no one wants to do since having hope is everything. But I am not sure if non-family members are allowed to get status updates with them or not?"

That ^^ is why we need to make sure she is listed in NAMUS. Did that happen yet? Last I heard she was not in there yet. She really needs to be so she can be checked against anyone found anywhere---like Vegas or New Mexico, etc etc....:candle:

Hey, I can't reply because your inbox is full :) Can you please delete some messages?

I'm going to work on getting information on the recent missing women that seems to keep popping up in the area. I'm going to try and map it to see the proximity and to see if there are any similarities.

Mistivon, I thoroughly understand your frustration and continued perseverance. Whether she is still alive or not, you want to know and bring her back to her family. I remember the long six months we all spent in my community searching, sharing, having fundraisers, tying purple ribbons, etc. We were fortunate to have so much support, where you seem to be doing so much on your own (or with a few good people, thank goodness). Your stamina amazes me, yet I worry for your health. This can consume you, overwhelmingly. I am in no way asking you to slow down, but do be aware of your own needs. Eat, sleep, take breaks. Vent away here just as often as you need. The least we can do is be here to prop you up and send our hopes and prayers.

I am so sorry you are doing so much with so little support from the community/family. I do not inderstand that, but it is what it is. Are posters being put up and staying there? Or do they seem to disappear quickly? I wish I had better suggestions of how you might make some progress, even a tiny bit of encouragement would come from the smallest piece to this puzzle. It is those pieces that will keep you going. But be aware ..... this may not be solved in a week, or a month. That is the hardest part. When do you draw a line and not let this overwhelm your thoughts 24/7? Just know that if it takes months or years, we will still be here. Our ideas and thoughts, along with a desire to know where she is/has been will still be focused.

Bless you, dearest mistivon. You are a guiding force to be reckoned with. And bless Mr. Mistivon for his support and assistsnce.

Speaking of posters, I had put a few dozen up, in Woodland Hills/Canoga Park area, which is right next door to Reseda. They were rained on and I think that is why they were almost all gone next time I went to the area.

Very few stores/restaurants allowed me to post them there. I had to go to the light posts and such. And then they are not protected from rain and the elements.

Ok, trying to catch up. If I missed anything, let me know.

First to Leese:

If the ex is involved is he cooperating? He was and still seems to be
Has any family members offered to drive/fly down to his area to speak to him? To see for themselves if he has any involvement or if she may be there? Not that I know of.

Could it be she left to be with him? Was that her secret? Could she be with child so she took off with the father?
From all accounts, she was "over him" and would never have taken off, left her family and moved to another state to be with him. I can't rule that out personally but it still goes back to why leave the way she did? Even if she ran away to be with him, wouldn't she have just done it the next morning or something when she didn't have to leave Sara stranded and locked out of her car?

Has anyone contacted those people or know where those 'hang outs' are? Not to my knowledge. I had honestly forgotten that in the beginning, Edgar mentioned Mission Hills and Santa Clarita. Maybe I can head up to Santa Clarita next weekend and keep an eye out for Chelsea at the same time. That would be great if you could post flyers in MH. I don't know where/who she hung out with in either location but will ask. If her friends list is visible, I'll look and see if any are from those areas.

do you think if the reward money was higher more people may want to come forward or bring in more tips? I wonder if her past acquaintances/friends know of any other places she might have gone to?? On the reward money, maybe, although I think the people that would know where she is would sell that information for $1000. Most of the (especially)homeless people I spoke to were eager to help even before the reward. It might make a difference but I'm thinking it might bring out more flakes than true leads. None of her "friends" seem to have any indication where she might have gone or where her hangouts were. Just speaks to the fact that she was either isolated with Allan or just kinda hanging out with Sara. I haven't found any "genuine" friendships she might have had.
Is there anyway you can ask the family if the Hispanic man 'asking questions' was her dad or someone else in the family? Yes it was dad but creepy to think it could have been someone evil :(
Last but not least have the morgues been checked? At one point, the siblings told me they were checking with morgues and hospitals. LA Coroner lists their Does online so I check there and also by phone. I call ERs and hospitals regularly as well. We checked with some motels in the area today, also.

Katydid, I have entered her into Namus. However, they are apparently very backlogged and have very few entries from 2017. I put her information in over a week ago. I also check the jails in NM regularly, although TBH, I have not checked the morgues and hospitals. Anyone who wants to, please feel free.
Thank you for your help with posters. If anyone is in the Westlake area, I'd like to see them there, also.

Spellbound, thank you as always. You are such a caring, compassionate person. It means a lot that you are supportive of me.
Are posters being put up and staying there? Or do they seem to disappear quickly? The ones we put up yesterday were mostly still there, as are the ones on the telephone poles in front of GW and the ones in the 711 window. I heard it thru the grapevine that because Security was catching heat over there not being anyone in the area when Mari went missing, that THEY are the ones taking them down in that shopping center. That info is not verified but also not surprising if true.

Daily-doodle. Wow, that is exactly the information I am looking for. Thank you so much. FYI, anyone else, DD is compiling a list of missings in the Albuquerque area and anywhere along the freeway between LA and Redding. Any news stories like this or murdered women are also particularly interesting to me.

Thank you all again so much for your help.

What are the differences and similarities between Maricelas case and Danielle stislicki?
(I'm not at all suggesting that they're related just trying to prove a point. Two missing girls, families completely opposite)
Why does everyone know who Danielle is but nobody knows who Maricela is?
I would say that's because Danielle's family has went above and beyond to get her case out there. They've literally done everything that they possibly could. They stated what they could without any obvious deception, they pleaded for help and asked everyone to share her picture no matter how far away they where. Women wearing signs with Danielle's picture on them marched in the womens marches. They made ribbons, hung posters, made videos. The story remained the same. They portrayed her as a likeable friendly girl with a big heart, they where able to captivate us!
Maybe Maricelas family could look up Danielles case and see about doing some of the same things that they did with so much success.
Danielles face is extremely recognizable now because of all the press and media attention .

What are the differences and similarities between Maricelas case and Danielle stislicki?
(I'm not at all suggesting that they're related just trying to prove a point. Two missing girls, families completely opposite)
Why does everyone know who Danielle is but nobody knows who Maricela is?
I would say that's because Danielle's family has went above and beyond to get her case out there. They've literally done everything that they possibly could. They stated what they could without any obvious deception, they pleaded for help and asked everyone to share her picture no matter how far away they where. Women wearing signs with Danielle's picture on them marched in the womens marches. They made ribbons, hung posters, made videos. The story remained the same. They portrayed her as a likeable friendly girl with a big heart, they where able to captivate us!
Maybe Maricelas family could look up Danielles case and see about doing some of the same things that they did with so much success.
Danielles face is extremely recognizable now because of all the press and media attention .

The tragedy in it all is they are both still missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The LAPD did think Maricela's disappearance was suspicious. This is from 1/13, the day after she went missing:

Los Angeles police said there was no evidence of foul play in Maricela's disappearance, but stated it's under suspicious circumstances.

<mod snip>

Okay...so here is a list I have compiled of recently missing women in the CA. I purposely left out Stacey Smart just because she didn't fit the demographic of all the other missing women but she too went missing in Yolo County (same as Papini) on 11-02-16 (same as Papini) I broke the list down into NorCal and SoCal. I have also mapped each of these. Link is at the bottom.

Making this list made me extremely sad. There are so many women missing under really suspicious circumstances and unfortunately, I was not able to find too much, if any information on some of them. Something is definitely going on in CA. I took my search back to Sept 2016 but there was not many missing women until November and now it seems like it's non stop.

I am now working on making a list in Albuquerque, however, with all the info from the West Mesa Murders, it is a little difficult to find other info. I will post that as soon as I have it.

Here's the list:

Southern CA Missing/Found (by date)

Marissa Medina, 14 years old
Missing: 10-26-2017
Hispanic/Latino
*Marissa is much younger than other victims, however, judging by her photo she appears to look much older than her actual age.
http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1285142

Aldebaran Romero, 17 years old
Missing: 11-03-16
Hispanic/Latino
*Unable to find any other information regarding circumstances around missing.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/36519/3/

Alexsia Vanegas
, 17 years old
Missing: 11-17-2017
Hispanic/Latino
*Left families home against their wishes with boyfriend. Has not been seen since.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/36527/2/

January Lynn Braithwaite, 35 years old
Missing: 12-09-2017
Found deceased: 12-09-2017
Appears to possibly be hispanic/latino
*Per victims mother -- stepped outside to smoke a cigarette. Body was found three hours later 5 miles away on a highway. Victim&#8217;s phone was found smashed on the walkway by their house.
http://abc7.com/news/family-of-woman-found-dead-in-san-bernardino-wants-answers/1655056/

Isabel Denise McPherson, 17 years old
Missing: 12-20-2017
White
*unable to find any other information regarding missing person
http://www.missingin.org/reg12406/isabel_denise_mcpherson.htm

Krystal Marie Olson, 30 years old
Missing: 01-2017 (exact date unknown)
White - dark hair, brown eyes
*No information surrounding disapperance
http://bakersfieldnow.com/news/local/tehachapi-police-searching-for-missing-woman

Maricela Garcia, 26 years old
Missing: 01-12-2017
Hispanic/Latino
*last seen at Goodwill in Reseda. Told sister while shopping she was going to smoke a cigarette - has not been seen since. Choker necklace likely victims has been found in the vicinity as well as a confirmed smashed cell phone of the victims.
http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missing-in-america/family-pleads-help-search-missing-california-woman-maricela-garcia-who-n710981

Unknown Women
, age: in 20&#8217;s
Missing: 01-13-2017 **found alive same day**
Ethnicity unknown
*only information that has been released is victim went missing on 01-13-17 and was found hours later half naked and bound with duct tape. Victim states her kidnappers were two Hispanic women.
http://nypost.com/2017/01/15/kidnapped-woman-found-half-naked-bound-with-duct-tape/

Chelsea Vannoy, 23 years old
Missing: 01-13-2017
White - dark hair, blue eyes
*last seen in the Valencia area - mother states it is very unlike victim to not be in contact.
http://scvnews.com/2017/02/10/missing-person-chelsea-rose-vannoy-23-last-seen-in-valencia/

Elaine Park, 20 years old
Missing: 01-28-2017
Korean-American
Dark hair, brown eyes
*last seen w/ boyfriend for date on 01-28. LE deemed victim voluntary missing until car was discovered on 02-02 w/ personal belongings, keys and phone found inside. Now considered critical missing.
http://abc7.com/news/missing-glendale-womans-car-found-in-malibu-with-keys-phone-inside/1734741/

Northern California

Sherri Papini, 35 years old
Missing: 11-02-2016
Found alive: 11-24-2016
*allegedly abducted while jogging - found 150 miles away from area of kidnapping beaten and branded. Victim states her abductors were two hispanic females.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping_of_Sherri_Papini

Amy Snow, 25 years old
Missing: 12-01-2016
Found deceased: 12-31-2016
White - blonde hair
*last seen by mother walking away from her house. Her bosy was found in the Trinity RIver by a fisherman on 12-31-16. COD: blunt force trauma likely due to fall per LE. LE states not suspicious.
http://www.trinityjournal.com/news/local/article_9ecc68da-d223-11e6-af0e-ff6d5329cac3.html

Jessica Roggencamp, 44 years old
Missing: 12-10-2017
White - Brown hair, brown eyes
*traveling to friends house, never made it there.
Her car was spotted on a remote part of highway 36 unlocked with keys still inside vehicle.
LE are not considering this suspicious and have deemed it voluntary missing.
http://www.redding.com/story/news/local/anderson/2016/12/12/anderson-woman-44-reported-missing-non-profit-says/95360806/

Laura Lynne Stacy, 28 years old
Missing: 01-22-2017
Found alive: 01-25-2017
Car found 30 miles away from victims home in Lancaster
Phone found in Golden Valley Park
Stacy was found wondering near the side of 14 Freeway seemingly disoriented and confused.
No other information released after she was found.
*has interest in photography*
http://www.dailynews.com/general-ne...-laura-stacy-found-alive-reunited-with-family

Google Map Here

Okay...so here is a list I have compiled of recently missing women in the CA. I purposely left out Stacey Smart just because she didn't fit the demographic of all the other missing women but she too went missing in Yolo County (same as Papini) on 11-02-16 (same as Papini) I broke the list down into NorCal and SoCal. I have also mapped each of these. Link is at the bottom.

Making this list made me extremely sad. There are so many women missing under really suspicious circumstances and unfortunately, I was not able to find too much, if any information on some of them. Something is definitely going on in CA. I took my search back to Sept 2016 but there was not many missing women until November and now it seems like it's non stop.

I am now working on making a list in Albuquerque, however, with all the info from the West Mesa Murders, it is a little difficult to find other info. I will post that as soon as I have it.

Here's the list:

Southern CA Missing/Found (by date)

Marissa Medina, 14 years old
Missing: 10-26-2017
Hispanic/Latino
*Marissa is much younger than other victims, however, judging by her photo she appears to look much older than her actual age.
http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1285142

Aldebaran Romero, 17 years old
Missing: 11-03-16
Hispanic/Latino
*Unable to find any other information regarding circumstances around missing.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/36519/3/

Alexsia Vanegas
, 17 years old
Missing: 11-17-2017
Hispanic/Latino
*Left families home against their wishes with boyfriend. Has not been seen since.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/36527/2/

January Lynn Braithwaite, 35 years old
Missing: 12-09-2017
Found deceased: 12-09-2017
Appears to possibly be hispanic/latino
*Per victims mother -- stepped outside to smoke a cigarette. Body was found three hours later 5 miles away on a highway. Victim’s phone was found smashed on the walkway by their house.
http://abc7.com/news/family-of-woman-found-dead-in-san-bernardino-wants-answers/1655056/

Isabel Denise McPherson, 17 years old
Missing: 12-20-2017
White
*unable to find any other information regarding missing person
http://www.missingin.org/reg12406/isabel_denise_mcpherson.htm

Krystal Marie Olson, 30 years old
Missing: 01-2017 (exact date unknown)
White - dark hair, brown eyes
*No information surrounding disapperance
http://bakersfieldnow.com/news/local/tehachapi-police-searching-for-missing-woman

Maricela Garcia, 26 years old
Missing: 01-12-2017
Hispanic/Latino
*last seen at Goodwill in Reseda. Told sister while shopping she was going to smoke a cigarette - has not been seen since. Choker necklace likely victims has been found in the vicinity as well as a confirmed smashed cell phone of the victims.
http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missing-in-america/family-pleads-help-search-missing-california-woman-maricela-garcia-who-n710981

Unknown Women
, age: in 20’s
Missing: 01-13-2017 **found alive same day**
Ethnicity unknown
*only information that has been released is victim went missing on 01-13-17 and was found hours later half naked and bound with duct tape. Victim states her kidnappers were two Hispanic women.
http://nypost.com/2017/01/15/kidnapped-woman-found-half-naked-bound-with-duct-tape/

Chelsea Vannoy, 23 years old
Missing: 01-13-2017
White - dark hair, blue eyes
*last seen in the Valencia area - mother states it is very unlike victim to not be in contact.
http://scvnews.com/2017/02/10/missing-person-chelsea-rose-vannoy-23-last-seen-in-valencia/

Elaine Park, 20 years old
Missing: 01-28-2017
Korean-American
Dark hair, brown eyes
*last seen w/ boyfriend for date on 01-28. LE deemed victim voluntary missing until car was discovered on 02-02 w/ personal belongings, keys and phone found inside. Now considered critical missing.
http://abc7.com/news/missing-glendale-womans-car-found-in-malibu-with-keys-phone-inside/1734741/

Northern California

Sherri Papini, 35 years old
Missing: 11-02-2016
Found alive: 11-24-2016
*allegedly abducted while jogging - found 150 miles away from area of kidnapping beaten and branded. Victim states her abductors were two hispanic females.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping_of_Sherri_Papini

Amy Snow, 25 years old
Missing: 12-01-2016
Found deceased: 12-31-2016
White - blonde hair
*last seen by mother walking away from her house. Her bosy was found in the Trinity RIver by a fisherman on 12-31-16. COD: blunt force trauma likely due to fall per LE. LE states not suspicious.
http://www.trinityjournal.com/news/local/article_9ecc68da-d223-11e6-af0e-ff6d5329cac3.html

Jessica Roggencamp, 44 years old
Missing: 12-10-2017
White - Brown hair, brown eyes
*traveling to friends house, never made it there.
Her car was spotted on a remote part of highway 36 unlocked with keys still inside vehicle.
LE are not considering this suspicious and have deemed it voluntary missing.
http://www.redding.com/story/news/local/anderson/2016/12/12/anderson-woman-44-reported-missing-non-profit-says/95360806/

Laura Lynne Stacy, 28 years old
Missing: 01-22-2017
Found alive: 01-25-2017
Car found 30 miles away from victims home in Lancaster
Phone found in Golden Valley Park
Stacy was found wondering near the side of 14 Freeway seemingly disoriented and confused.
No other information released after she was found.
*has interest in photography*
http://www.dailynews.com/general-ne...-laura-stacy-found-alive-reunited-with-family

Google Map Here

Stacey Smart and Sherri Papini went missing from Shasta County not Yolo County. Sherri was found in Yolo County which is south of where she went missing and half an hour north of Sacramento. Yolo County doesn't have many missing women that I could find.

daily doodle, Stacey actually went missing in October, but it wasn't reported until November.

I compiled a small list for Albuquerque a few weeks ago for January, which I sent to mistivon. I'll try to remember to send it to you tonight so you can add to your list (unless mistivon beats me to it).

mistivon, your posts above really touched me. I'm probably a little too practical/logical/mother hen, but I want you to know I stand by you as if I were your sister, and protective as such as well. You have such a big heart. I won't stop telling you to take care of yourself and your family, but at the same time I totally get why you are so invested. Please don't ever think you've made no progress. I've never met such a dedicated PI such as you, and your spreading the word and process of elimination both have covered so much ground. I'm really proud of you. And, I'm jumping into that wagon of those who want you hunting them down should we have the misfortune of going missing.

Thanks! I saw that she was last heard from Oct 12th but only went by her official missing date. I think it's strange that it took so long to report her missing IMO

daily doodle, Stacey actually went missing in October, but it wasn't reported until November.

I compiled a small list for Albuquerque a few weeks ago for January, which I sent to mistivon. I'll try to remember to send it to you tonight so you can add to your list (unless mistivon beats me to it).

Thank you! My mistake! :shame: So many missing women, they were all running together! Besides my mix up with Stacy and Sherri I also didn't find anything in Yolo County.

Wow, so many missing women. I've been a member of Websleuths for a short while now, but didn't start checking out the current missing persons threads until recently. Is this a normal amount of people to be missing in one period of time, or is it a "spike" of sorts?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back