GUILTY CA - Matthew Muller for kidnap, rape of 30yo woman, Vallejo, 2015

Matthew Muller was ordered Wednesday to stand trial in Solano County Superior Court on six felony charges in connection with the same case.

Muller represented himself in court at the preliminary hearing, sitting in a three-piece suit and bound by shackles. He is scheduled to re-enter pleas to the charges Feb. 25.

Muller Held Over For State Trial On Kidnapping, Rape Charges

Matthew Daniel Muller, 41, sentenced in 2017 for 40 years in federal prison for kidnapping a Vallejo couple and raping the female victim four years ago before releasing her near her Southern California home, returns at 8:30 a.m. March 15 to Department 7 in Vallejo for motion and a motion to compel.

He returns again at 1:30 p.m. March 18 for a motion to suppress evidence;

at 8:30 a.m. April 5 for a trial management conference;

and a jury trial at 8:30 a.m. April 9.

Suspect in bizarre 2015 Vallejo kidnapping case faces more court dates

"Matthew Daniel Muller, 42, sentenced in 2017 in a Sacramento federal courtroom to 40 years in prison for kidnapping a Vallejo couple and raping the female victim before releasing her near her family’s Southern California home, appeared earlier this month for a trial readiness conference, among other things, in Department 2 in the Justice Building in Vallejo.But Judge Daniel Healy rescheduled the proceedings until 8:30 a.m. April 13.

Besides the conference, they include a 1538.5 motion for the exclusion of evidence that allegedly was obtained through an unlawful search and seizure and have it returned; another unspecified motion; a motion to compel; and a Pitchess motion, the latter a request by Muller’s defense attorney, Dustin Gordon, to access a law enforcement officer’s personnel information because his client has alleged that the officer used excessive force or lied about the events related to the defendant’s arrest.Muller’s jury trial has long been set for 8:30 a.m. Sept. 21, also in Department 2."

Legal proceedings re-set for kidnapper of Vallejo couple in 2015 – The Reporter

Trial setting still pending for kidnapper of Vallejo couple in 2015 – The Reporter

Matthew Daniel Muller, 43, who was sentenced in 2017 in a Sacramento federal courtroom to 40 years in prison for kidnapping a Vallejo couple and raping the female victim before releasing her near her family’s Southern California home, was scheduled to appear for a variety of matters Thursday in Department 2 in Vallejo. However, Judge Daniel Healy, according to court records, rescheduled only a readiness conference and trial setting for 8:30 a.m. Sept. 25 in the Justice Building.

Muller’s latest pending proceedings come after a series of defendant motions and a jury trial date that had long been set for Sept. 21.

A state preliminary hearing for Muller, formerly of Orangevale, was held 18 months ago. He is charged with what can only be described as a crime so incredible that Vallejo police at first considered it an elaborate hoax.

When I tried to click on your link, I got page not found.
This was from back in mid-November; not sure if you can google and get the cached version to avoid paywall issues Kidnapper of Vallejo couple in 2015 sent to mental health services agency – Times-Herald

"Matthew Daniel Muller — who was sentenced in 2017 in a Sacramento federal courtroom to 40 years in prison for kidnapping a Vallejo couple and raping the female victim before releasing her near her family’s Southern California home — was scheduled to appear Nov. 6 for a doctor’s report concerning the defendant’s mental competency to stand trial, in Department 2 in Vallejo.

Superior Court Judge Daniel Healy, according to court records, received a doctor’s report on Nov. 2, and on Monday ordered Muller placed in the care of MHM Services, a nationwide firm which contracts with governmental agencies for inmate care and has offices in Vallejo.

Court records did not indicate the doctor’s determination but, typically, if a defendant is sent to a mental health services agency, they are likely deemed incompetent.

Under state law, a defendant who is considered unable to help in his or her defense or understand court proceedings cannot be tried. However, once they are deemed competent, then they can be scheduled to face more court proceedings.

Healy scheduled a mental health placement report for 8:30 a.m. Dec. 4 in the Justice Building in Vallejo.

Muller’s latest court appearances come after a series of defendant motions and a jury trial date that had long been set for Sept. 21."

After watching last night's 20/20, wondering if there are any updates?

Supposedly the kidnapper was looking for Aaron Quinn's ex girlfriend. I have not seen any explanation for that in interviews, does anyone know about it? Quinn and Huskins both were physical therapists. Why would anyone target them for burglary? This case really needs more investigation.

I don't have the patience to listen to an entire podcast, I read the book. I would love to hear your idea.
That was a big question for me too. I have now been listening to the Real Crime Profile podcast where former FBI, Jim Clemente and LE officer Laura Richard’s interview the victims at length through the lens of behavioral profiling, etc. and I have a different view of the motive now. I don’t know if the podcast is approved, I’ll post a link and report my post just in case.

‎Real Crime Profile: VICTIM F (Part 1) - Denise Huskins & Aaron Quinn Interview on Apple Podcasts

Man to be sentenced for California kidnap once called hoax

A man who sexually assaulted a Northern California woman who was kidnapped from her home in what police initially thought was a hoax was sentenced Friday to 31 years in state prison on Friday, prosecutors said.

Matthew Muller, who already is serving a 40-year sentence for federal crimes, was sentenced in Solano County Superior Court after pleading no contest to two counts of forcible rape of Denise Huskins, who was dragged from her Vallejo home in 2015, the county district attorney's office said.

Muller also pleaded guilty to robbery of an inhabited dwelling, residential burglary and false imprisonment, the District Attorney's office said. His state sentence will be served concurrently with the federal sentence.

1/7/24

Denise Huskins and Aaron Quinn became known as the Gone Girl hoaxer couple in 2015 after she was abducted from their home in Vallejo, California.

For two days, the then 29-year-old was drugged and raped by her abductor in a remote house before being released in an alley next to her parents' home.

[..]

But the case would take yet another shocking turn when Matthew Muller, a 41-year-old disbarred lawyer, turned himself in to police several months later.

He pleaded guilty to the crime and revealed that he had been watching the couple in their home with drones.

Huskins testified in court that Muller had treated her like 'an animal' as he raped her, explaining: 'You flopped me around the bed like a rag doll.

1/7/24

Denise Huskins and Aaron Quinn became known as the Gone Girl hoaxer couple in 2015 after she was abducted from their home in Vallejo, California.

For two days, the then 29-year-old was drugged and raped by her abductor in a remote house before being released in an alley next to her parents' home.

[..]

But the case would take yet another shocking turn when Matthew Muller, a 41-year-old disbarred lawyer, turned himself in to police several months later.

He pleaded guilty to the crime and revealed that he had been watching the couple in their home with drones.

Huskins testified in court that Muller had treated her like 'an animal' as he raped her, explaining: 'You flopped me around the bed like a rag doll.
Glad to read the updates on this horrible case. Glad to hear that they got married, had a child, and sued and won $2.5 million from Vallejo PD for defamation. Kenny Park owes them a public apology and his badge, IMO!!!

Glad to read the updates on this horrible case. Glad to hear that they got married, had a child, and sued and won $2.5 million from Vallejo PD for defamation. Kenny Park owes them a public apology and his badge, IMO!!!
Yes, many couples seperate after trauma, I'm glad Denise and Aaron were able to move ahead with their plans.

I saw the other day a trailer for a new streaming series on their case. Don't remember the title offhand though,,,

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brisketfeed
Back