CA CA - Michael Negrete, 18, Los Angeles, 10 Dec 1999

Isn't it possible that he was lured to a discreet spot on Sunset where his scent was found early in the morning? In that time chat rooms were very popular, isn't it possible that he spoke to someone who lured him to a meeting place, perhaps for the promise of more drugs (ecstasy)? Michael was already high that night and wasn't being rationale, which would explain why he wasn't dressed for the cold weather (ecstasy heats your body). He met that man at a pickup spot and got into his car. The man's motives were sexual and once they drove off there was a struggle, a rape and so forth. The man drove across the county to bury the body and left no evidence. They didn't exchange numbers either but just came up with a meeting place via chat which would leave no trace as well.

I came up with this theory based on my personal experience which was quite creepy. I met a man on yahoo chat circa 2002 and he wanted to have sex with me. However we communicated only by chat and only exchanged emails. As crazy as it sounds I agreed to meet up with him, and told me to meet him at a commercial parking lot at night, and I did. I got into his car and we drove off to a hillside community near Orange County, and had sex behind the hillside homes near the ravine. I was a UCLA student and out of the blue he asked me about the Negrete case which completely creeped me out as it was probably 2002 or 2003 at the time. I said I didn't know much and to this day it creeps me out that someone would ask about that in that circumstance which led me to this plausible theory.

Hmm, what area of OC did he take you? I live in Anaheim and have lived in Yorba Linda too. I've lived in Orange County my whole 22 almost 23 years of life and know all the hillsides and hidden areas of this vast place. The reason I ask about the hillside area is because it's odd that he asked about the Negrete case and I feel that if he killed Negrete (long shot) he might have buried the body somewhere in the hillside area of OC since it's a pretty hidden area and he was probably familiar with that area since he took you to have sex there as opposed to somewhere in West LA near UCLA.

I thought the witness being sought resembled Marc Collins-Rector:
negrete_michael_witness.jpgth.jpg

Collins-Rector was in the area at the time

View attachment 77250View attachment 77251

Welcome to Ws strangepup!

It seems you saved your first post for this thread and to make an very interesting connection, thanks!

Have not heard of this person before, link from 2014...

"A 54-year-old registered sex offender who is suspected of running a sex ring where Hollywood executives abused underage boys seemingly vanished in 2007, Buzzfeed reports.

Lawsuits filed against X-Men director Bryan Singer and other Hollywood executives, name Marc Collins-Rector as the host of parties at his California mansion where boys were abused. Collins-Rector is infamous for founding online-streaming service Digital Entertainment Networks, which went bankrupt during the dot-com collapse in the late 1990s".

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/marc-collins-rector-hasnt-been-seen-in-years-2014-4#ixzz3eSBRFHes

Welcome! I agree with dotr, great first post. The composite does resemble Marc Collins-Rector.

All of the allegations involve teenage boys, that would fit Michael Negrete. I haven't seen other mentions of kidnapping or homicide, but the story of Marc Collins-Rector is ODD, so definitely possible.

Long, but really detailed story of Collins-Rector here:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/...e-heart-of-the-hollywood-sex-abus#.hm0BdrJyVJ

DEN was located in Santa Monica on Broadway and was only 4 miles from Dykstra Hall at UCLA. Collins-Rector loves young men, especially young men that look "young", and he himself was a big online gaming enthusiast and it isn't out of the question that he would make a quick drive from his office 4 miles away to pickup a young man he met playing online and offered a chance to party with the big time or even drive from his home in Encino which would be a 15 minute drive at that time of the morning. Anyway, the last scent that the dogs picked up of Negrete was at Sunset and Bellagio, which if Collins-Rector was taking him from Dykstra Hall to Encino would have be on the route exiting UCLA to get on to Sunset to access the 405 freeway back to Encino.

Marc Collins-Rector would say whatever it took to get young men back to his pad in Encino and once they got there he was known to threaten them in order to keep them from ruining the "fun". Here is excerpt from testimony:
enhanced-21619-1397763772-13.jpg
enhanced-22750-1397764016-7.jpg

Wow. The resemblance gives me chills. The nose in the sketch is a bit narrower as well as the eyes, but these sketches aren't always perfect.

Was his mansion in Hollywood (which someone said) or Encino? If indeed Encino, this would have been a very easy trip.

The scenario fits quite well. As strangepup said, the office location is very close to UCLA. Hollywood is not very close to UCLA (or was his mansion in North Hollywood? Encino?) but UCLA would be on the way home from the office. He could have stayed at work until 4am since startup people work crazy hours, but could have also made a special trip. At that time of the night, it would be a 5-10 minute drive from Santa Monica to UCLA if all lights were green. From UCLA to Hollywood would be about 20-30 along Sunset Blvd, or 30-35 on the freeway. It would be about 10-15 minutes from UCLA to Encino. This guy would be technologically advanced and would know how to game someone in a chat (no pun intended). It also makes sense that he would probably fall off the radar after the dot com bust.

I am biased in that I work in the tech industry and I am not sure if Michael was interested in the field, but at his age, if I felt I could have a connection to someone in the industry and that person invited me to their mansion for a "party", it would be hard to say no (suspicions aside).

While there is no evidence that he is involved... this type of scenario, with whomever, seems to make the most sense out of everything I've read.

I came up with this theory based on my personal experience which was quite creepy. I met a man on yahoo chat circa 2002 and he wanted to have sex with me. However we communicated only by chat and only exchanged emails. As crazy as it sounds I agreed to meet up with him, and told me to meet him at a commercial parking lot at night, and I did. I got into his car and we drove off to a hillside community near Orange County, and had sex behind the hillside homes near the ravine. I was a UCLA student and out of the blue he asked me about the Negrete case which completely creeped me out as it was probably 2002 or 2003 at the time. I said I didn't know much and to this day it creeps me out that someone would ask about that in that circumstance which led me to this plausible theory.

Whoa whoa whoa whao what? And you knew about the Nigrete case before this happened, right? Did you notify anyone about it? Make a note to yourself what he looked like? You still have his Yahoo name or anything else down? He maybe wasn't the guy who took Negrete, for the simple fact that you are still around posting this, but he could be a connection.

I'm surprised the police never went further with the scent from the bus stop. They could theoretically check the buses that pass through that stop and have the dogs sniff them. Or you could just see a schedule of busing at that time and where they go, then try the dogs there.

Wow. The resemblance gives me chills. The nose in the sketch is a bit narrower as well as the eyes, but these sketches aren't always perfect.

Was his mansion in Hollywood (which someone said) or Encino? If indeed Encino, this would have been a very easy trip.

The scenario fits quite well. As strangepup said, the office location is very close to UCLA. Hollywood is not very close to UCLA (or was his mansion in North Hollywood? Encino?) but UCLA would be on the way home from the office. He could have stayed at work until 4am since startup people work crazy hours, but could have also made a special trip. At that time of the night, it would be a 5-10 minute drive from Santa Monica to UCLA if all lights were green. From UCLA to Hollywood would be about 20-30 along Sunset Blvd, or 30-35 on the freeway. It would be about 10-15 minutes from UCLA to Encino. This guy would be technologically advanced and would know how to game someone in a chat (no pun intended). It also makes sense that he would probably fall off the radar after the dot com bust.

I am biased in that I work in the tech industry and I am not sure if Michael was interested in the field, but at his age, if I felt I could have a connection to someone in the industry and that person invited me to their mansion for a "party", it would be hard to say no (suspicions aside).

While there is no evidence that he is involved... this type of scenario, with whomever, seems to make the most sense out of everything I've read.

Collins-Rector lived at 5255 Encino Ave, Encino, CA. As you mentioned this is quite close to UCLA...9 to 12 miles depending on the route.

Crazy case. Colleges are not safe. There was a woman who vanished from UCLA -not sure of the year, though.

I hope they find out what happened to this young man. Though they never came out and said it, some of his behaviors they described remind me of someone who has ASD or Asperger's, which may make him very trusting and naive, and have a single minded focus. He would easily fall pray to someone with nefarious purposes, all they would have to do is to say the right things, which predators do.

Isn't it possible that he was lured to a discreet spot on Sunset where his scent was found early in the morning? In that time chat rooms were very popular, isn't it possible that he spoke to someone who lured him to a meeting place, perhaps for the promise of more drugs (ecstasy)? Michael was already high that night and wasn't being rationale, which would explain why he wasn't dressed for the cold weather (ecstasy heats your body). He met that man at a pickup spot and got into his car. The man's motives were sexual and once they drove off there was a struggle, a rape and so forth. The man drove across the county to bury the body and left no evidence. They didn't exchange numbers either but just came up with a meeting place via chat which would leave no trace as well.

Interesting post. Do you recall what he said regarding the case, more specifically?
Sure, Michael could very well have agreed to meet up with someone at that bus stop that the tracking dogs followed Michael's scent to, earlier mentioned in the thread.
A reason for the choise of this stop could have been that the person Michael would supposedly meet either did not know the area well, but could find the bus stop/or already was familiar with it, or, he deliberately suggested that spot to avoid being seen in the immediate area where Michael resided.
It would be really interesting to know if there is any information regarding how far away from his dorm the bus stop was?

By the way, some have felt that Michael's orientation could be of importance, which I agree with, however it can also be totally unimportant, too, especially if there would be a very adamant person involved who won't take a no for an answer.

I am nevertheless perhaps leaning more towards that the guy you met had nothing to do with Michael's disappearance, for the reason that you survived the meeting; although the reason you survived it could hypothetically of course also have been that you voluntarily agreed to the act, whereas Michael perhaps did not, but either put up a fight from where things then escalated into the one or the other alternative theoretical scenario one can only guess about.

Whatever happened to him, we can only hope to one day learn his fate.

i went to high school with mike negrete, and i can say this about him... if they were going to pull someone out for some covert op/jason bourne kind of stuff, it would have been him. he was brilliant, and talented, and disciplined. he has that olive skin that could blend him into several cultures. a buddy of mine in high school has a completely different theory, but i like my own.

i went to high school with mike negrete, and i can say this about him... if they were going to pull someone out for some covert op/jason bourne kind of stuff, it would have been him. he was brilliant, and talented, and disciplined. he has that olive skin that could blend him into several cultures. a buddy of mine in high school has a completely different theory, but i like my own.

Hello HeeBee! Could you please elaborate on your theory and also that of your buddy? It would be helpful to hear the thoughts of people who knew Michael....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello HeeBee! Could you please elaborate on your theory and also that of your buddy? It would be helpful to hear the thoughts of people who knew Michael....

hey. i want to tell you that neither my friend nor i knew mike well.

my theory: i dont know where he was at physically, but as far as academics and musical talent, michael was near the top of the class. the high school we were at had the PACE program in it- a program for the smartest kids in the district, and mike was hanging in with those kids, and he was in the accelerated music classes, too. this forced him to hang around kids who were arrogant and sometimes cruel, but i didnt sense that it was his true nature... more that of his friends. anyways, mike had it together, he was teachable, he was trainable... he was exceptional. he really was. and he had an olive complexion... if the CIA wanted to recruit young he would be perfect and they could drop him almost anywhere on the map. thats what id like to think happened to mike negrete.

my friends theory: he went looking for drugs and OD'd at a dealers house and they ditched the body.

again, neither of us knew him well, and not at all in 1999. this is just pure fantasy. i only type it because you asked.

HeeBee! Much appreciated...

hey. i want to tell you that neither my friend nor i knew mike well.

my theory: i dont know where he was at physically, but as far as academics and musical talent, michael was near the top of the class. the high school we were at had the PACE program in it- a program for the smartest kids in the district, and mike was hanging in with those kids, and he was in the accelerated music classes, too. this forced him to hang around kids who were arrogant and sometimes cruel, but i didnt sense that it was his true nature... more that of his friends. anyways, mike had it together, he was teachable, he was trainable... he was exceptional. he really was. and he had an olive complexion... if the CIA wanted to recruit young he would be perfect and they could drop him almost anywhere on the map. thats what id like to think happened to mike negrete.

my friends theory: he went looking for drugs and OD'd at a dealers house and they ditched the body.

again, neither of us knew him well, and not at all in 1999. this is just pure fantasy. i only type it because you asked.

Have you checked out the thread that's at the top of /r/unresolvedmysteries right now... gives me chills after reading your theory about mike being sent around the globe. I sent you a PM but I'm not sure if it actually sent.

HeeBee, do you think there's a chance Michael might have been gay?

I was a UCLA STUDENT and graduated in 97. Familiar with campus. Also Dj d later in that LA area in following years. After hours sort of thing. Questions are, were there buses running that late. What online game was he playing. The composite drawing of that guy. Who saw that and where.

The reason I ask is. If the composite of the guy came from someone at the hall then that doesn't jive with the scent being dropped at the bus stop. Also there are other pick up points on the boundaries of campus. The hike from his hall to the pick up point is the long way around if I recall.

I just reviewed a few things. Charlie proj. Says he didn't like bare feet. I take that as he didnt like walking barefoot. Was Michael on the spectrum. Did he have a very mild form of autism. Being a musician and very smart. So if he didn't like being barefoot he would not have set out on a long journey without shoes. He might not have set out on any journey without shoes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back