GUILTY CA - Michelle Hoang Thi Le, 26, Hayward, 27 May 2011

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Michael.
I am thankful that Michelle received the justice she deserved. May you find peace in knowing that.
G-d bless you all.

Michael - May your happy memories and the love of your friends and family continue to sustain you. Know that you and your family will continue to be held in our hearts. And please know that no brother could show more love and dedication to his sister than you have. Finally, know that justice here on earth has been served but that I will pray for the soul of this Perpetrator, for she must face judgement far beyond what we could ever meter out.

To the Le family, I'm so sorry that you had to go through this. I think her case touched many people and I know she was loved. I hope that this conviction brings you some peace so that you can begin to heal. I'm saying a prayer for your family tonight.

I'm kind of catching up on this story, but was it confessed the victim did indeed have an affair with the killer's husband?

Thanks for anyone's thoughts.

Tricia, thank you for this opportunity to leave a message for the Le family.

To the family of Michelle Le: this case caught my attention immediately and hurt my heart as soon as I read about it in the news. Perhaps it is because my kids are around the same age as Michelle. It struck me because she was just like one of my daughters--a young woman, going about her life, trying to make her way in this world...I am so sorry what happened to her.

Michael, Michelle has to be so proud of you and Krystine for how you handled yourselves throughout it all. You were amazing they way you coordinated the searches, and I think likely is a model for future cases, which will help other families tremendously.

I have already seen that you have a loving family, so I've no doubt you have wonderful support in each other to carry on. Michelle will never be forgotten by you, of course, but know that there are so many out there--strangers like me--who have been extremely touched by Michelle and her family, that will never forget, too.

Posted: 7:46 a.m. Monday, Dec. 10, 2012

Former friend gets 25-to-life in prison for killing Michelle Le

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/convicted-kiler-be-sentenced-michelle-le-murder-ca/nTRbg/

OAKLAND, Calif. —

Snip:
Giselle Esteban, convicted of first-degree murder in the slaying of former friend Michelle Le, was sentenced to 25 years to life in prison Monday by an Alameda County Superior Court judge.
In delivering the sentence, Rolefson said Esteban had shown no remorse for killing Le in one of the most cold-blooded murders he has ever presided over.

Michele's story was the subject of a 2 hour story last night on Dateline. I have to say I thought it was really one of their best most interesting stories I have seen in awhile.

I followed Michele's case here while it was happening, from begiining to end, or at least until her body was found and Giselle was arrested. I really didn't follow the trial that closely, so much of what the Dateline covered last night was totally new to me because it focused on the evidence the police compiled along the way.

I remember in the beginning when people here were railing about the seeming lack of concern by the hospital when in fact, exactly the opposite was taking place. It was the hospital that first noted her absence and reported it; they as well as the school provided the police with fantastic video coverage of both Michele and Giselle's movements around the time of Michele's disappearance. It included video of Giselle's trip to an Apple store to get them to unlock Michele's iPhone so Giselle could send phony messages from Michele to her family the first few days.

The police were doing much more all along to solve the case than anyone ever realized at the time, including the family. We knew they were on to Giselle early on, what we didn't know at the time was just how 'onto her' they were. We knew the family was united and felt frustrated, and the Dateline story covered that as well with both her brother Michael and her cousin Kristine playing prominent roles in the telling of the Dateline story.

It was exceptionally good and if you missed it, I recommend you try to catch it.

I saw this story on t.v. and I was so touched by the Le family. The closeness and love they have for each other was inspiring. I so wish they could have had a different outcome but at least justice was served.

Also, kudos to Tim Miller's EquiSearch who organized searches and comforted the Le's. Him and his team are Angels. :thumbup:

Dear family & friends of Michelle Le: my heart is with you, and my continued prayers. The strength & story of your family is truly inspiring. I hope this verdict gives some comfort, and with time you can all continue to heal. Nothing removes the hole left in your heart when you lose someone, but Michelle's life was not in vain-- the unity and family love & determination you all display gives hope to many. Michelle was blessed, and we are all blessed as well for knowing about you. I will not forget you or Michelle, or all the wonderful people who worked so hard to bring resolution in this tragedy. Hugs & love to you all!

I heard on the news this morning, KTVU, that it was Amber Dubois' mother that found Michele. She's a very brave woman. I don't know that I'd have the fortitude to pick myself up off the floor for 10 years after undergoing what she's been through. Bless her.

I just watched this case last night on Dateline. I had forgotten that Amber's mom had located Michelle....she is such an most amazing woman! Dateline also noted that Michelle's brother and other family members offer support to families of missing.....they all continue to touch/impact many lives in Michelle's memory. What truly impressive people!

I posted before I read your post, IB! Yes....the Dateline episode was extremely good.....I had forgotten so much about this case. There really was a LOT going on behind the scenes that we were unaware of.

Watching Giselle on video tape was so creepy....and listening to her when her ex surreptitiously recorded her was even worse.....so chilling and cold!

While the conviction of the killer does not give closure, ease pain, or bring Michelle back to you, perhaps at the very least you can find a little bit of comfort in knowing that the killer will never be able to hurt another person.
Michelle was a beautiful lady and obviously very loved by her family and came to be loved by strangers as well. She will never be forgotten.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back