CA CA - Michelle Pulsifer, 3, Huntington Beach, July 1969

I agree! I would assume this family has her DNA in CODIS. Going to read up and see if I can find out.

Only problem here...so many are convinced LE doesn't have Sharon's DNA.

they have her blood on file and it was reccently comfirmed through one of the children she gave up, her and her mother contacted matt B beacuse they had seen the book and wanted to put the dna theory to rest her dna Matched sharon i think it was last summer its in thread two of sharon marshall not sure what page or post

they have her blood on file and it was reccently comfirmed through one of the children she gave up, her and her mother contacted matt B beacuse they had seen the book and wanted to put the dna theory to rest her dna Matched sharon i think it was last summer its in thread two of sharon marshall not sure what page or post

Thanks, we are following each other. :blowkiss:

Glad to know this, it has been on the back of my mind that maybe it's not Sharon's, so will answers ever come. This is fantastic to know (or should I say be reminded ;) )

She shouldn't be, unless she's being held on other charges. Mistrials due to hung jury are usually considered final because a new trial would benefit the defense overwhelmingly.

According to the documentary, she is still in jail and the prosecution plans to retry her, maybe this summer.

I hate that I missed Dateline profiling Michelle's story. :banghead: This is such a tragic story. :(

About Michelle possibly being Sharon. I remember when it was discussed and always thought there could be a slight possibility there. I would not take the step-father or mother's word for anything. :furious:

According to the documentary, she is still in jail and the prosecution plans to retry her, maybe this summer.

It seems she's being remanded in custody because some of the charges were not included in the first trial and she hasn't been able to make bail on those. Nevertheless the new trial on the original charges will be difficult for the prosecution due to previous hung jury.

Wow thats some mother there huh. I will never understand people.

My mom had jury duty today and she met up with a man who had concluded his duty after the trial he sat on was hung. It was the second Donna Prentice trial for the murder of little Michelle Pulsifer. He stated the case was hung with 9 in favor of acquital. He was disgusted. He voted guilty.

From the second article above "Donna Prentice, 61, had been in custody on a $1 million bond since Sept. 15, 2004.
Orange County Superior Court Judge Richard M. King dismissed charges against Prentice, who was accused of murdering her 3-year-old daughter who vanished nearly 40 years ago, prosecutors said.......
Prentice had faced five years in prison if found guilty based on sentencing laws in 1969, but would have had the time she has already served in custody deducted from the sentence."

So I guess that is the only thing - she did serve 4 years, 3 months and one day. Not enough, but, I hope every day was pure he!!

How sad this woman will not be held accountable. She is disgusting. I hope she gets what she deserves.

This is sad indeed, but I wonder if something else didn't happen to little Michelle. I don't know the ages of the other children in the household at the time of her death, but it could've been that one of the child's other siblings killed her by accident, and the parents covered it up. Maybe she wasn't buried in a canyon. Maybe she was buried in the backyard of wherever they were living. I wonder if LE checked that out, despite what her ex-husband said.

Had the parents suspected one of the other children that could have been the reason Michelle was deliberately forgotten, her killer, a child himself was still living, and may not have known he killed her. They may have just been protecting him all those years, and the step-father lying about where she was buried, hoping her body would never be found.

It just seems more plausible that an abusive parent with a long history of abuse and criminal activity went too far one night. And then covered it up. Her bio brother Michael Jr was 6. And Kent's son is just said to be a "young" child. Not impossible but not as plausible as either one of the parents accidently killing Michelle.

What's odd to me is that Kent was willing to implicate Donna as the murderer if it was not the truth. If he was dying and no punishment could come to him and the truth was haunting him, I would assume he would tell the truth rather than make stuff up. But criminals have confounded me many times in the past. I always err on the side of logic, and I know this is not always the way it works. He eventually cooperated and Donna would that. She only dicussed the situation when she was on trial trying to save herself from a murder conviction. Which does not necessarily prove anything, but is an interesting fact.

I think they both had a hand in it somehow. And it's sick that they have gotten away with it. I cannot believe the father was ignored repeatedly. And the kids were left to bear the cross of their sister's/stepsister's disappearance and death. How horrible. And Donna would never admit what happened. That's disgusting.

Kent wouldn't have told the truth because he wanted his sons to remember him in a better light.

I agree, it's more likely the parent & step-parent killed her. In his confession to his part, Ken said the part about burying her was one part of the parts he didn't like. Note: parts. So he had a hand in more than just burying her, but by that did he mean not saying something about it and going along with the murder? Supposedly, he was away from the home that evening. And maybe he'd been molesting that child, and her mother being a no account, decided to put an end to that by killing the child instead of throwing him out.

I don't buy there wasn't a scratch on her. How would he know if she was wearing long pajamas? Child could've died from internal injuries from molestation too.

Most direct route for people traveling from CA to IL is the following:::

CA to NV to UT to CO to KS to MO to IL

I suggest that there is a good possibility that they took the body with them when they left. I think they may have taken the box out of the garage and stuck it into the back of the car, or even possibily if they had one of those old luggage carriers on top of the car. They made those back than. In order to avoid suspicion on themselves, they probably would have dumped the body in a different state.

Here's my thought. If you didn't tell anyone the child was missing, and than you moved away before anyone could ask, people would think at first you moved and took all of your children with you. Once the dad started asking questions they could blame it on a family member, by saying they left the child with someone. And now that someone is claiming it never happened.

Without a body being found, which is much harder to link to them if they dumped her body out of state, well no one has a case. Or at least not a good case.

My suggestion is we check each of these states for Does found anytime during or after the child supposedly died, which we have sometime in July of 1969. So that is a start.

Let's check out the records for the following areas first,

California (which I doubt I think they would have taken the body with them and dumped it good reason to get out of town huh? If you need to dump a body where no one will link it back to you)

Nevada --- I think Nevada may be very likely, bodies tend to start smelling after a time, and they may have wanted to get rid of her quick, or they may have thought it was too close to California for comfort and she may have been identified by her father if it was that close

Utah - Likely

Colorado --- Possibly

Kansas --- I don't think they would have kept her in the trunk that long perhaps but I don't think so

Missouri --- Maybe but doubtful

Illinois- Don't think so but you never know I mean odds are if they wanted her body nowhere close to them, they wouldn't dump her where they were now living. However, if the mother wanted to keep the body close by, wanted to bring flowers, (some sick parents kill their kids and feel the body needs to be close) welp could happen I guess

Coming from Southern Cal., there is a real possibility that they went through Arizona to New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, to Illinois too. I will check those states.

Off topic, but why does Doe Network only go back to the mid 1970's, and only go until 1999 or so. Why are there not newer cases on there?

I saw this case on Dateline on the ID channel tonight....it makes me soooooo angry....
the case of poor little Michelle Pulsifer...her mother GOT AWAY WITH MURDER.....even if she didn't commit the murder she damn well knew what happened to that little girl....
and she served just 4 yrs for it....
Her mom ADMITTED SHE HELPED COVER UP THE DEATH FOR 3 DECADES......but 2 different juries were "unable" to reach a verdict and after her 2nd trial a judge dismissed the charges....
Unbelievable. Hope this b*tch burns in hell for life.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pulsifer_michelle.html

I hate stories like this...how can a mother go one living a normal life when she has murdered or helped conceal her death...RIP sweet Michelle..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back