CA CA - Minas Khacheryan, 86, (fnd dec.), Grigor Khacheryan, 78, fell in California Aqueduct while fishing, Lancaster, 29 Sep 2023

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
The missing men were identified as Minas Khacheryan, 86, and his brother Grigor Khacheryan, 78, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

The men were last seen on Friday at around 8 a.m. on the 1000 block of East Chevy Chase Drive in Glendale.
Minas Khacheryan, 86, and his brother Grigor Khacheryan, 78, in photos from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.
They headed over to the California Aqueduct in Lancaster to fish when they reportedly fell into the water, authorities said.

On Saturday, divers from the LASD’s High-Risk Tactical/Rescue Team made their way into the aqueduct to begin searching for the missing men. The brothers have not yet been found.
Divers from LASD’s High-Risk Tactical/Rescue Team searched a Lancaster aqueduct on Sept. 30, 2023, after two elderly men reportedly fell into the waters while fishing. (Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department)

OCT 1, 2023
Sgt. Michael Rodriguez of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department Homicide Missing Persons Bureau said the current and speed of the aqueduct has not allowed them to find anything, and it's possible the speed of the aqueduct may have moved the bodies miles away.

Rodriguez said they searched all day Saturday as well.

:(

OCT 1, 2023
Sgt. Michael Rodriguez of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department Homicide Missing Persons Bureau said the current and speed of the aqueduct has not allowed them to find anything, and it's possible the speed of the aqueduct may have moved the bodies miles away.

Rodriguez said they searched all day Saturday as well.

:(
They actually shut the pumps down across a pretty long length of it to do the search. Once you go in it's hard to get out, especially if the pumps are going. Sides are really slick with algae but there are ladders every so often on each side of it. Can't believe we used to drunkenly jump in there at night

Yes, we used to fish in the aqueduct when I was a child and I saw others fish there frequently. I haven’t lived there for many years, but I caught a salmon in the aqueduct when I was about 10.
Replying to my own post to say my mother just told me we were fishing for bass in the aqueduct when I was a kid and I caught a salmon in the reservoir nearby. Even at age 50, my mom still corrects me. But yes, people do regularly fish in the aqueduct, but apparently for bass or catfish and perhaps other fish, but not salmon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wmarengel
Back