Identified! CA - Montclair, WhtFem teen, hit by car, Sep'05 - Samantha Bonnell

I watched this show tonight via Netflix. Please watch it if you haven't seen it. It will make the time you take here totally worthwhile. :heart:

I'm going to watch it tonight! Thanks for the info.

I watched this show tonight via Netflix. Please watch it if you haven't seen it. It will make the time you take here totally worthwhile. :heart:

I wholeheartedly agree, Kimster!

:bump:

Bumping for Samantha and her loved ones. What REALLY happened that night, Samantha?

What is the shows name on netflix?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Having driven that stretch of highway on many occasions, it's scary enough going through there in a car. There are lots of speeders and lane-changers, and teenaged hoodlums in their lowered Hondas with the wind fairings on the back. Everyone is going 75-80 mph, and they are right on your bumper.

It's nuts enough to try to run down any freeway, but on the 10 freeway through the Inland Empire, it's a sure-thing suicide mission.

They mentioned in the episode that she had Methamphetamine in her system. I suspect that she probably was using drugs with strangers from her group. And while they in a car on the freeway, she freaked out and jumped out of their vehicle while it was stopped in traffic. Once the traffic started moving again, she had no way to get over to either the shoulder or the median. And since it was raining at the time, nobody even saw her.

I've driven down that freeway many times myself as well, both day and night. Much better traffic than the 60 when you're driving to and from Nor Cal from the far reaches of Inland Empire, but you're absolutely right about it being scary. The only thing scarier is the 210.

Having just watched the Disappeared episode, something puzzled me. They not only said but also reenacted Samantha starting her run from the center divider. If she panicked and jumped out of the car because she'd been hitching and the driver started freaking her out so she made a jump for it she'd have been starting her run from lane four. A hitchhiker generally sits in the passenger seat, don't they? I would think this would be especially true if someone had given her a ride with the intention of harming her, because he'd want to keep an eye on her.

It seems to me like the people she was with completely fabricated the story of her running out of the movie theater. Perhaps that little bit of meth in her system, or as another poster suggested some type of undetected substance, was enough to alter her mind enough so that she didn't realize the danger of hopping out of the car and jumped out of the back seat of her friend's car? Or maybe they stopped and told her to get out as a joke and she actually did? It seems like the friends unintentionally gave her some bad stuff or made some bad decisions that ended up with Samantha putting herself in danger and they didn't want to tell the truth because they didn't want to be held liable.

Also, the movie story could actually be true. Perhaps she ran out of the movies crying and eventually ran onto the freeway herself unintentionally because she thought someone was chasing her due to whatever she was on. The movie theater was only a mile or so away from the 10 IIRC, which I probably don't lol. The 10 can have a big gap between cars sometimes at night, but usually past 1am or so. I'd think if this happened at 11:30 it would still be super busy so I think this scenario is especially unlikely.

I can't see someone willfully and knowingly running onto the freeway to commit suicide, unless perhaps she started running between lanes because she had second thoughts?

I find this case especially puzzling and I really wish somebody would come forth with new information or the magazine sellers could be interviewed again and her family could finally know the truth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back