CA - Natalie Wood, 43, drowned off California coast, 29 Nov 1981

I didn't know about the finger nail scratches on the dinghy. That's really weird for a movie star to mess up her nails trying to grab onto some boat, drunk as a skunk or not. She was a wealthy star, why didn't she try to rouse the captain, her employee, and have him take her to shore? If it were just some case between unknown people on here, I'd automatically think a drunk husband might have been trying to order his wife off of the boat and forced her over into the dinghy. Maybe the fingernail marks were terror of going into the water on a tiny boat. Not saying he did it, but nice men don't smash bottles, accuse people secluded out on water of cheating, or lay in wait hoping to shoot someone.

If someone goes over board drunk or not they are gonna use any means necessary to try and save themselves I highly doubt being a actress and caring about her nails came into play.JMO Alot of people aren't so nice when they drink and smash things and even people who arent drinking say hurtful and accusing things when they are fighting doesnt mean they aren't nice people and sure doesnt mean they would murder.Personally I do believe it was a accident and she fought to stay alive and panic set in. But anything is possible I guess.

Wow, the new information must be very compelling. I can't wait to learn more!

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/17/justice/california-natalie-wood/index.html

(snip)
Homicide investigators are taking a new look at one of Hollywood's most enduring mysteries after they were contacted by people who claimed they had "additional information" about the drowning, the sheriff's department said in a statement.
Authorities didn't provide further details late Thursday and said a news conference on the matter will be held Friday at 11 a.m. (2 p.m. ET).

Natalie Wood investigation prompted by boat captain's comments
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...gation-prompted-by-boat-captain-comments.html

(snip)
A law enforcement source added that the department had recently received a letter from an unidentified "third party" who said that the captain had "new recollections" about the case. The source spoke on the condition of anonymity because the case was ongoing.

Hollywood has always been the land of cover up and protect stars from scandal land IMO.I will never forget hearing news of her death.I was 22 and very pregnant with my first baby.I was devastated,I adored her watched all her movies I also was a big fan of Robert's.But I always felt she was murdered by him and that it was covered up because he and Walken were also very big stars.She was terrified of water her whole life,no way would she try to take the dingy,she did not even like being on the yacht but it was Roberts toy.After her death I have not been able to stand either one of them on tv or in a movie,they both make my skin crawl.Growing up I had a huge crush on Robert Wagner but that disappeared the night he IMO killed Natalie.Rumored affair with Walkin,Jealous Husband with a horrible temper and drinking I can see it leading to her murder.

My mom's theory was Natalie caught Robert and Walken together and was gonna spill the beans on them so they tossed her overboard.

Years ago I read an article that went into some depth about Natalie's death. iirc The article pointed more at Robert being jealous of Walken , they got into a scuffle and accidently knocked Natalie overboard.

I can't wait to hear what really happened. I actually have admired works by all 3 stars.

From The Today Show

Homicide detectives are reopening the investigation into the death of actress Natalie Wood. Did she accidentally drown during a boating trip nearly three decades ago or was it something more sinister? NBC’s George Lewis reports.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45353...obert-wagner-responsible-natalie-woods-death/

Dennis Davern, the man captaining the boat on the night when Natalie Wood died at sea, tells TODAY’s David Gregory that Robert Wagner is responsible for Wood’s death.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45353...obert-wagner-responsible-natalie-woods-death/

That boat captain seems scared to death or something. Can't put my finger on it.

Wow....Interesting that 30 years later investigators are reopening the investigation. LE must give some credibility to what the Captain has brought forward.

Well the boat Captain looks terrible! He sure did not want to elaborate on anything, he left that to his co-author.

My mom always talked about Natalie when I was growing up. So I'm very interested in where this will go.

I saw this article this morning. Seems 48 Hours is going to have a show on this tomorrow @ 10pm. Guess I know what I'll be watching.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-57327031-10391698/l.a-sheriff-reopening-natalie-wood-case/

"Captain Dennis Davern was recently interviewed for a collaboration between the magazine Vanity Fair and the television series "48 Hours Mystery" that focuses on Wood's death. A primetime special airs Saturday, Nov. 19 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on CBS."

Hollywood has always been the land of cover up and protect stars from scandal land IMO.I will never forget hearing news of her death.I was 22 and very pregnant with my first baby.I was devastated,I adored her watched all her movies I also was a big fan of Robert's.But I always felt she was murdered by him and that it was covered up because he and Walken were also very big stars.She was terrified of water her whole life,no way would she try to take the dingy,she did not even like being on the yacht but it was Roberts toy.After her death I have not been able to stand either one of them on tv or in a movie,they both make my skin crawl.Growing up I had a huge crush on Robert Wagner but that disappeared the night he IMO killed Natalie.Rumored affair with Walkin,Jealous Husband with a horrible temper and drinking I can see it leading to her murder.

Mikeysmommom,
Wow! I was 19 and pregnant with my first baby when I heard the news. I loved Natalie Wood. My favorite movie of hers is This Property is Condemned. Her death was the first celebrity "mystery" I can remember following. I remember reading that Natalie fell off the boat after a fight and tried to climb back on or in to a dinghy and the weight from her wet down jacket weighed her down. Wasn't her body found quite a ways from the boat?. I'm not agreeing with this but trying to remember what has been out there all these years. I know there has always been questions surrounding her death.

I have never followed this case but hearing this "new" information is pretty interesting. It sure doesn't sound like it was an accident but obviously I have very few facts. Hopefully they can get to the truth.

Always thought her death was strange since she had a fear of water.... Wasn't there a movie in which there actually was a scene in which she fell off a boat into water at night?

I remember seeing that scene (long after her death) and thinking how strange is that!

Anyone know the movie I'm talking about, or is my old noggin just playing trick with me.

Always thought her death was strange since she had a fear of water.... Wasn't there a movie in which there actually was a scene in which she fell off a boat into water at night?

I remember seeing that scene (long after her death) and thinking how strange is that!

Anyone know the movie I'm talking about, or is my old noggin just playing trick with me.

Splendor in the Grass, oddly enough it is said that is the film the boat was named after also.

Also a film she was in as a child is said to have caused her fear of water:

"When I was halfway across," Natalie said later, "somebody pulled the lever prematurely and I was thrown into the water." She managed to catch hold of the collapsing bridge, clinging to the edge as the current pulled her in the direction of the waterfall. "My mother leaped forward crying, my child!" Natalie later told a reporter, "and the director said, 'Keep the cameras rolling! Keep the mother back!' Natalie's left wrist was broken and she nearly drowned. "I don't even remember them fishing me out." "It was so traumatic for her," observes her later confidant, Marc Crowley. "She'd been lied to, for one thing. And then there she was, fearful of her life." At the moment the accident occurred, the camera captured the expression of sheer terror on Natalie's face and that shot remains in the finished film.

More at link:

http://www.tcm.com/this-month/article/247083|0/Young-Natalie-Wood.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname