CA - One dead, 7 injured in UTC mass shooting, La Jolla, 30 April 2017

There was a similar incident recently. What is it about these disturbed individuals that causes them to "punish" their ex-girlfriends by killing totally innocent people? This is a horrible crime and done for an unimaginably selfish reason.

There was a similar incident recently. What is it about these disturbed individuals that causes them to "punish" their ex-girlfriends by killing totally innocent people? This is a horrible crime and done for an unimaginably selfish reason.

Abusers are so messed up I don't know how they function sometimes. I don't know, obviously, if the shooter in La Jolla was an abuser but that's my first thought.

Domestic Violence: An Undeniable Link To Mass Shootings

I'm not even mad. Just sad. This is so sad. :rose:

Abusers are so messed up I don't know how they function sometimes. I don't know, obviously, if the shooter in La Jolla was an abuser but that's my first thought.

Domestic Violence: An Undeniable Link To Mass Shootings
Hadn't thought of that, but perhaps that's the key. Could the message of the abuser to the ex be: "You won't let me abuse you any more, so I found other people to abuse instead." Like you said up-thread, it's an attitude of "look what you made me do." I guess the more people they victimize, the greater they think the ex's punishment is.

http://fox5sandiego.com/2017/04/30/...ar-la-jolla-apartments-suspect-has-been-shot/

There is a video of a witness interview at the above link

A witness said he saw three people had been shot on a sidewalk at the apartment complex. He ran into the clubhouse and looked out the windows. He saw two other bloody people and one of them was crawling to the other trying to help.

"We looked at the pool area where the shooter was sitting there with a beer in one hand and a gun in the other," a witness told FOX 5. "The suspect looked pretty relaxed, pretty relaxed."

The witness said he saw police officers approach the pool area. He said the gunman started shooting at the officers, but they shot back at him.

"Three officers moved in and took out the suspect," the witness said.
I'm glad they got him. What a sick, disturbing story.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

....the gunman pointed.....a large caliber handgun at police and all three police officers opened fire.
He must have known that was going to happen.
People are going mad - - and innocent victims are paying a terrible price. :rose:
Yes, they are paying the price. Not just those who are shot, but their friends, families, and witnesses. I cannot imagine the terror each individual felt at that pool.

Hadn't thought of that, but perhaps that's the key. Could the message of the abuser to the ex be: "You won't let me abuse you any more, so I found other people to abuse instead." Like you said up-thread, it's an attitude of "look what you made me do." I guess the more people they victimize, the greater they think the ex's punishment is.

I think it's another way of saying "this is ALL your fault!" to his girlfriend. I think her wanted to her feel guilt and suffer for the rest of her life. I pray she doesn't and is able to come to terms with this horrific tragedy. The innocent victims were just pawns in his plan (in the killers mind I mean)

Sounds like "Look what you made me do."

:mad:
Yes, it sure does!! I hate to say it, but I'm glad he's no longer on the planet. And I'm just sick that CHILDREN witnessed this. His poor ex-girlfriend, too. My heart is pounding as I think about what this was like for those kids and for the woman probably pleading for him to stop.

So many shooters have issues with women. Elliot whatever felt that he deserved some fancy woman. I would have to research the rest, but the bizarre thing with women stands out to me

Why do they think they should,"own" a woman? What can we do to address this? Hard though when men still think there is legitimate rape.

Steve Stephens.

So many shooters have issues with women. Elliot whatever felt that he deserved some fancy woman. I would have to research the rest, but the bizarre thing with women stands out to me

Why do they think they should,"own" a woman? What can we do to address this? Hard though when men still think there is legitimate rape.

Elliot Rodger had a real obsession about blonde. I think woman is just part of the puzzle in these injustice collectors. They have an extreme entitlement mentality and are consumed by envy.

I would not be surprised if Peter Selis is an injustice collector, like seen in other mass shooters, terrorists, abusers, and bullies.

Steve Stephens.

Elliot Rodger had a real obsession about blonde. I think woman is just part of the puzzle in these injustice collectors. They have an extreme entitlement mentality and are consumed by envy.

I would not be surprised if Peter Selis is an injustice collector, like seen in other mass shooters, terrorists, abusers, and bullies.

Also Cedric Anderson in San Bernardino recently.

http://ktla.com/2017/04/22/funeral-...killed-in-classroom-by-her-estranged-husband/

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/public-safety/sd-me-selis-shooter-20170501-story.html

Seriously? He took a gun to a pool in southern California, but wasn't planning anything? Ridiculous notion.
This is La Jolla, NOT South Central.
I heard the Chief say that just now on the news, and thought, WTH is she talking about? It also bothers me that she said that this was not a racially motivated crime, even though all of the wounded are black or Hispanic, including the woman who was killed, and the shooter was white. I understand the official line has to downplay this aspect of the crime for the sake of the greater good, but when the facts clearly contradict that official version, it creates a cognitive dissonance and we're left with even bigger fears than a single racist terrorist with a gun.

a020.gif
Just tell us the truth. We're can handle it.

Praying for those who are suffering, and for those who grieve.
a030.gif

I heard the Chief say that just now on the news, and thought, WTH is she talking about? It also bothers me that she said that this was not a racially motivated crime, even though all of the wounded are black or Hispanic, including the woman who was killed, and the shooter was white. I understand the official line has to downplay this aspect of the crime for the sake of the greater good, but when the facts clearly contradict that official version, it creates a cognitive dissonance and we're left with even bigger fears than a single racist terrorist with a gun.

a020.gif
Just tell us the truth. We're can handle it.

Praying for those who are suffering, and for those who grieve.
a030.gif
At first, I considered whether this was a hate crime because it seemed that Selis's objective was to target African Americans. But, with information about him being despondent about breaking up with his girlfriend and doing this to spite her, I can see that he very likely chose to target people at the pool/birthday party simply because he could inflict greater harm there. Often, these rampage killers go on a shooting spree where they target people randomly at different locations, e.g., Elliot Rodger and Jason Dalton (Kalamazoo). But, sometimes they seek out a place where a large number of people are gathered so they can do greater harm before they are stopped. Perhaps that's the reason for Selis's laid back demeanor while he was shooting people--he knew he had time to do a lot of harm before he could be stopped. :(

When LE stated this wasn't a hate crime, I didn't know whether to feel relieved. Either way, it's absolutely horrible. Thankfully, he cannot inflict harm on anyone again.

Prayer services scheduled to honor University City shooting victims
Updated: May 02, 2017 6:06 PM PDT

At 6 p.m. Wednesday, a "dove vigil'' in Clark's memory will take place at the shooting scene. A flier announcing the event, and a campaign to assist her family, says the purpose of the gathering "is to provide a place for the community to affirm its witness against violence and to remember to loss of Monique Clark's life.''

This morning, entertainer Nick Cannon — a San Diego native — posted on his Instagram account that Clark was a longtime friend.

"I just learned that the one life lost in the senseless and tragic mass shooting in San Diego was my childhood friend, who was more like family, Miss Monique Clark,'' the actor-musician wrote. "Such a beautiful spirit with an infectious smile. I have nothing but wonderful memories of this Angel. Tears can't express the pain and shock. A mother of 3, a sister, a daughter, a cousin, a friend and a Queen... Rest in Paradise.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back