CA CA - Orange Co., WhtMale Skeletal 190UMCA, 15-19, in Trabuco Canyon, Dec'96

Ambercat,

Recently a family member of Shawn's contacted me via WS. I sent your info and post regarding Shawn and the Trabucho Canyon UID to that person and they are going to take a look.

Shawn has a permission error now on Namus

Charley projects says that he was a dependent adult....not sure what this means in the American language.... does it mean mentally handicapped?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/e/esses_daniel.html

The term can mean mentally handicapped, or emotionally or physically--basically that they aren't able to live on their own without somebody to look out for them. I have a friend who's a dependent adult due to psychiatric issues. And you can be handicapped but not dependent at all.

The area where he was found is a little known hiking corridor between Riverside and Orange County. Near the end of Trabuco Creek Road, you take Holy Jim Hiking Trail which takes you right into Riverside County. From the end of that trail, you go up and over the divide and can descend into the South Corona area. The trails are well marked and the hike can be done easily within a day. I believe that this person's intentions were either to enter South Orange County or enter Riverside County via this alternative route; the conventional route would take much longer as you would basically shadow the interstates. I do not think that this young man would travel to that specific area to live in a known transient camp as the surrounding area was not urbanized; there were plenty of places to set up camp closer to Interstate 5 where food resources etc. are more available.
Using this logic, I submitted James Mulley (NAMUS#17470) from Chino, CA as a potential match. Profile has hardly information-- no dental, DNA, or helpful descriptors. MP matches height range, hair colour and approximate weight. UID has consistent dental decay from absence of personal care from 1.5-3 years. MP disappeared July 13, 1993; UID died between 1/95 and 6/96. One determining factor is whether or not James Mulley had occlusal restorations on teeth #19, 18, or 30. I will be following up with the detective to see if I can get any more descriptive information.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/17470/6/

Hi Dr. Evil did you ever found or heard anything back about James Mulley....still nowhere a picture of him....hmmmm.

The Doe Network: Case File 947DMCA I still think John Doe resembles Jeffery Richard Chisholm. I suggested him back in 2015 and still think the Doe could be him. The hair on John Doe and Chisholm's hair are styled similarly and both men have similar face shapes.

The only two differences are that this the Doe was 5'4-5'8 and had brownish red hair while Chisholm was 5'10 and the missing poster describes him as having light brunette hair (it looks dark blonde to me) when he went missing. However, if you click the link you will see two pics of Jeffery. The pic on the left makes it look like he has auburnish-colored hair.

To me this could very likely be Khanh Ngoc Trinh. He disappeared 4 days after arriving in Lake Forest, California in January 1995. (the estimated date for this Doe is January 1995-June 1996, possibly the specific date due to an item he had on him only available after this time) The distance is 10 miles. This would also fit if he came from South East Asia considering the Doe had such deteriorated teeth at such a young age. The only part that is off is hair color, but that has been wrong before.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

This young man was missing a few teeth anti mortem; nr. 6, nr 4, nr. 3 and nr. 18 when I interpreted the charge correctly. Nr. 6 is the right site canine, and would be visibly missing when he laughed. Of course he could have lost it after he went missing (his teeth were not well cared fore) but it could be helpful with the search.

To me this could very likely be Khanh Ngoc Trinh. He disappeared 4 days after arriving in Lake Forest, California in January 1995. (the estimated date for this Doe is January 1995-June 1996, possibly the specific date due to an item he had on him only available after this time) The distance is 10 miles. This would also fit if he came from South East Asia considering the Doe had such deteriorated teeth at such a young age. The only part that is off is hair color, but that has been wrong before.

Good find but Khanh was already 25....I don't know.....doesn't seem to fit the description....

Attachments

• A24CB15D-2A8A-40E2-9A87-48F6C65BFAE9.jpeg
    A24CB15D-2A8A-40E2-9A87-48F6C65BFAE9.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 85CB9F79-FE9D-40DD-BBFA-D2BA09ECFAED.jpeg
    85CB9F79-FE9D-40DD-BBFA-D2BA09ECFAED.jpeg
    103.5 KB · Views: 23
The Doe Network: Case File 947DMCA I still think John Doe resembles Jeffery Richard Chisholm. I suggested him back in 2015 and still think the Doe could be him. The hair on John Doe and Chisholm's hair are styled similarly and both men have similar face shapes.

The only two differences are that this the Doe was 5'4-5'8 and had brownish red hair while Chisholm was 5'10 and the missing poster describes him as having light brunette hair (it looks dark blonde to me) when he went missing. However, if you click the link you will see two pics of Jeffery. The pic on the left makes it look like he has auburnish-colored hair.

In looking at the pictures provided via an NBC LA post NBC LA that was just uploaded to their Facebook today, I don’t think it looks like Jeffrey.

OCSD Hoping to ID John Doe from Nearly 23 Years Ago

19-10-01%20NCMEC%20Sketch%20John%20Doe.jpg

(click on image to enlarge)

Authorities today released forensic images showing what a man whose remains were found in Trabuco Canyon in 1996 may have looked like, and urged anyone with information on his identity to call them.

The images, which were generated using the latest in reconstruction technology, were released by the Orange County Sheriff's Department Coroner Division in partnership with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

The remains were found on Dec. 13, 1996, in a wilderness area east of Trabuco Creek Road in the unincorporated area of Trabuco Canyon.

"At the time, it was estimated the remains had been there up to two years, with environmental factors affecting their condition," according to a sheriff's statement. "Investigators believe the decedent went missing sometime in 1995 or 1996."
---
Forensic anthropologists determined the person was a white or Hispanic male, 14 to 25 years old, with possibly reddish or sandy-brown hair, Braun said. He was determined to be about 5 feet 2 inches to 5 feet 8 inches tall, with a medium build.

A dental expert's report, which showed the decedent's teeth were in poor condition, was submitted to a Department of Justice database, and investigators listed the man as a "John Doe" and worked to learn his identity.
---
Anyone who has any information about John Doe can contact the Orange County Coroner Division at 714-647-7000 or coroner@ocsd.org, reference case number 96-07901-MU.

New Sketches Reignite Hope In OC Cold Case

19-10-01%20NCMEC%20Sketch%20John%20Doe.jpg

(click on image to enlarge)

Authorities today released forensic images showing what a man whose remains were found in Trabuco Canyon in 1996 may have looked like, and urged anyone with information on his identity to call them.

The images, which were generated using the latest in reconstruction technology, were released by the Orange County Sheriff's Department Coroner Division in partnership with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

The remains were found on Dec. 13, 1996, in a wilderness area east of Trabuco Creek Road in the unincorporated area of Trabuco Canyon.

"At the time, it was estimated the remains had been there up to two years, with environmental factors affecting their condition," according to a sheriff's statement. "Investigators believe the decedent went missing sometime in 1995 or 1996."
---
Forensic anthropologists determined the person was a white or Hispanic male, 14 to 25 years old, with possibly reddish or sandy-brown hair, Braun said. He was determined to be about 5 feet 2 inches to 5 feet 8 inches tall, with a medium build.

A dental expert's report, which showed the decedent's teeth were in poor condition, was submitted to a Department of Justice database, and investigators listed the man as a "John Doe" and worked to learn his identity.
---
Anyone who has any information about John Doe can contact the Orange County Coroner Division at 714-647-7000 or coroner@ocsd.org, reference case number 96-07901-MU.

New Sketches Reignite Hope In OC Cold Case

"Investigators believe the decedent went missing sometime in 1995 or 1996." A strange way of putting it. I think what they mean is that this man died somewhere in 1995 or 1996 instead of the first estimated PMI of 2 years. There is no way they could know when somebody went missing.

I’ve only ever posted a few times and suggested on a case here or there so bare with me. These are some suggestions I found. I’m not wondering if because his teeth were so bad if he wasn’t younger when he went missing and then didn’t have the proper care for the next years and years. I tried to make sure that none of them were already suggested, but I apologize if they were or are on the rule out list.

Timothy Guthrie- Age 3 in 1977, missing from NY. His age progression has a lot of similarities.

Cary Sayegh- Age 6 in 1978, missing from NV. He was listed to have missing toes. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Barry Kephart- Age 11 in 1981, missing from NM. Barry and the John Doe look similar IMO. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Jayson Pearce- Age 1 in 1983, missing from AZ. Step-father claims to have given him to some unknown family. So it’s possible he ended up in CA. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I’ve only ever posted a few times and suggested on a case here or there so bare with me. These are some suggestions I found. I’m not wondering if because his teeth were so bad if he wasn’t younger when he went missing and then didn’t have the proper care for the next years and years. I tried to make sure that none of them were already suggested, but I apologize if they were or are on the rule out list.

Timothy Guthrie- Age 3 in 1977, missing from NY. His age progression has a lot of similarities.

Cary Sayegh- Age 6 in 1978, missing from NV. He was listed to have missing toes. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Barry Kephart- Age 11 in 1981, missing from NM. Barry and the John Doe look similar IMO. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Jayson Pearce- Age 1 in 1983, missing from AZ. Step-father claims to have given him to some unknown family. So it’s possible he ended up in CA. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Hi Badwolf47 Thank you and welcome. You chose an interesting angle. I find it so very hard to "look through" the traits of a child becoming a man. I even find the new recon a challenge. He looks to be a boy, younger, more a 14-16 year old. And to be honest, in the recon I don't see possible Hispanic traits.

Last edited:
Hi Badwolf47 Thank you and welcome. You chose an interesting angle. I find it so very hard to "look through" the traits of a child becoming a man. I even find the new recon a challenge. He looks to be a boy, younger, more a 14-16 year old. And to be honest, in the recon I don't see possible Hispanic traits.

Yeah i definitely understand, but I have always wondered about this for numerous cases. Especially since so many kids seem to just not be recognizable or just not have someone really looking for them. I agree with the Hispanic traits though, i found it hard in the newest recon to try and picture the Hispanic traits. Could they maybe mean Spaniard traits? My family is from Spain, we have more Spaniard traits but not Hispanic but could possibly be confused as that with some of my relatives.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back