Identified! CA - Out-of-town family finds unidentified body in freezer of home they were staying at - Dec 23, 2023 - Mary Margaret Haxby-Jones

....Want to know if the freezer is still there, and I'm too lazy to drive over there to check. Anybody in the neighborhood?....
1705872665795.png
"The cause of death is still pending, so, yes, it’s too soon to say if it was or wasn’t a homicide," SDPD Lt. Jud Campbell said last week.
I work not far from where the deceased was found, and some twisted soul put a chest freezer on the sidewalk with a sign "FREE." Words fail me.
You work not far from the house on Zion Ave., @IzzyBlanche. I asked if someone from that neighborhood could see if that freezer dumped in front of the house is still there. Is it still there? I doubt it.

Last edited:
There are some facts that are known about Haxby-Jones. She previously worked as a nurse anesthetist in San Diego for about 20 years. She worked at Zion Medical Center from 1980 until 1999, when she resigned, according to the Los Angeles Times. She was also not heard of from family members for multiple years leading up to her body’s discovery.[1]

A relative of Haxby-Jones — who had not seen the nurse since 1995 — told the Los Angeles Times that the nurse was a military veteran, and participated in hobbies ranging from getting her nails done to rescuing exotic birds. Had she been alive today, she would have been 81.[1]

“We are deeply saddened by the passing of Mary Margaret Haxby-Jones and want to express our sincerest condolences to her family, friends and loved ones,” a spokesperson said in a statement. “Mary Margaret will be remembered as a dedicated healthcare professional and will be greatly missed by all of us at Kaiser Permanente that had the privilege to work alongside her.”

She added that Haxby-Jones is a military veteran. Google Street View images of the home where records show Haxby-Jones lived show a car with a sticker reading “U.S. Army Retired.”

“I’m hoping that she can get the burial she deserves,” the relative said.

If I were the family who discovered the body my first thoughts would be:
- How safe is my family? Someone would have our booking details including name and address.
- Who is in on this?
- What security measures does my family now need to take so the person(s) responsible do not come after us?

At least we know who Mary was, and her whole body was most likely there. Now, I definitely don't trust stranger freezers. It's a month now that the visiting family members found the remains in the freezer on Zion Ave. When will we hear the results of the investigation? Will we ever hear the results?

It seems to me that this has to be a criminal investigation. If not, we're reaching new lows. Unless there's evidence that she put herself in the freezer as a form of suicide.

Which seems highly unlikely.

I suppose they have to do the full nine yards (toxicology and organ analysis and all that entails). That should take about two months, maybe slightly less.

An investigation can go on for a long time, years even. I doubt there's evidence she was poisoned, so we will probably have to wait.

It seems to me that this has to be a criminal investigation. If not, we're reaching new lows. Unless there's evidence that she put herself in the freezer as a form of suicide.

Which seems highly unlikely.

I suppose they have to do the full nine yards (toxicology and organ analysis and all that entails). That should take about two months, maybe slightly less.

An investigation can go on for a long time, years even. I doubt there's evidence she was poisoned, so we will probably have to wait.
Also, IMO, it's not like there's any mystery about who put her there, or the person is likely to run away. So I think it might be at the back of the queue for forensics and detective work. Plus, they are investigating way back in the past to try to establish a timeline - challenging to turn up very old bank records, etc.

I believe I’m allowed to speculate without mentioning any names. So here we go. Let’s say the police have a person of interest who may be responsible, but that person is mentally incompetent due to senility or Alzheimer’s. Then what?

Also, what if the autopsy doesn’t produce a definitive cause of death. Maybe they can’t even determine if it was natural causes or homicide. That would mean they couldn’t even prove they had a murder, much less who did it. It would explain one thing though: why they’ve got nothing to say.

Also, IMO, it's not like there's any mystery about who put her there, or the person is likely to run away. So I think it might be at the back of the queue for forensics and detective work. Plus, they are investigating way back in the past to try to establish a timeline - challenging to turn up very old bank records, etc.
Googling "how long do autopsy results take in California?" AI had this to say: According to the Forensic Center, autopsy reports are usually completed within 60 days from the date of autopsy. However, there are cases which can take 90 days or longer depending on the complexity of the case.

According to the San Diego County, copies of the autopsy, investigative and toxicology reports will usually be available 30 - 90 days after the decedent comes into the Medical Examiner's care.

And from google, again: "The corpse, which was first reported to San Diego police on Dec. 22, 2023."

So, we're still under 60 days. . . . And the age, condition of the body etc. surely makes this more complicated.

Just opinion, of course.

Just today Fox5 put this out but it contains nothing pertaining to who done it.

Just today Fox5 put this out but it contains nothing pertaining to who done it.

Not available in the uk, anything worthy that we don't already know?

It's been 77 days now (I think, have had a couple wines now lol) I check in here every day and seeing absolutely nothing makes me so blooming mad for mary. She did not crawl into this freezer herself.

Not available in the uk, anything worthy that we don't already know?

It's been 77 days now (I think, have had a couple wines now lol) I check in here every day and seeing absolutely nothing makes me so blooming mad for mary. She did not crawl into this freezer herself.
The only thing that stood out to me that I wasn't aware of is that the property taxes have been continuously paid except for 12/2023 installment.
In the article it claims that Mary at some point gifted husband Robert the property yet this tax bill that is from the story says the house is in Mary's name.
Nothing from neighbors etc.
Bits and pieces were taken from info. that was already available to the public.

CURRENT-TAX-BILL-MARY-MAR-HAX-JONES.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back