GUILTY CA - Paul Pelosi, the speaker’s husband, violently attacked after assailant broke into their SF home, Oct 2022 *arrest*

The federal trial is set to start Nov. 13.

DePape, 43, pleaded not guilty to federal charges of attempting to kidnap a federal official and assaulting a federal official’s family member.

He also pleaded not guilty to state charges, including attempted murder, burglary and elder abuse.

The state trial hasn't been scheduled.

He remains jailed without bail.

The new filings in DePape’s federal court docket reveal four potential defense witnesses that include himself, an expert on antisemitism, Nancy Pelosi’s San Francisco Chief of Staff Daniel Bernal and an unknown "witness 1," whose name was redacted.

A pretrial conference is scheduled for Oct. 26.

The new filings in DePape’s federal court docket reveal four potential defense witnesses that include himself, an expert on antisemitism, Nancy Pelosi’s San Francisco Chief of Staff Daniel Bernal and an unknown "witness 1," whose name was redacted.

A pretrial conference is scheduled for Oct. 26.
I'm wondering why the defense is scheduling an expert on antisemitism? The Pelosi's aren't Jewish.

I'm wondering why the defense is scheduling an expert on antisemitism? The Pelosi's aren't Jewish.

Is the defense implying that the victim was anti-semitic? Is the attacker claiming to be Jewish? This sounds pretty crazy. I'm surprised a defense attorney would bring anti-semitism into his client's defense? How does that work? How does the attacker become the victim? Bizarre. JMO

Is the defense implying that the victim was anti-semitic? Is the attacker claiming to be Jewish? This sounds pretty crazy. I'm surprised a defense attorney would bring anti-semitism into his client's defense? How does that work? How does the attacker become the victim? Bizarre. JMO

I think Pelosi's attacker is an all round misanthrope who sees the boogeyman in everyone. He's railed against the Jews, Pelosi, Clinton, basically he is/was a sponge for every conspiracy introduced by Q and the far right.

I think Pelosi's attacker is an all round misanthrope who sees the boogeyman in everyone. He's railed against the Jews, Pelosi, Clinton, basically he is/was a sponge for every conspiracy introduced by Q and the far right.
I think that you are onto something, but I don't see how the judge allows it or how it helps him. Is he going to cross-examine an expert in antisemitism as a hostile witness?

From your link re: Target 1

Who is Target 1? DePape told an SFPD lieutenant about wanting to go after prominent figures like Gov. Gavin Newsom, actor Tom Hanks and President Joe Biden’s son Hunter Biden. Prosecutors have alleged he intended to use Pelosi to lure an unnamed person whom he described as “way up” on his list. They assert he searched for that person’s home address and say they found a scrap of paper in DePape’s target with Target 1’s address and phone number.

Target 1’s identity has become a key mystery in the case.
Judge Corley declined to halt DePape’s subpoena compelling Target 1 to testify. As attorneys discussed yesterday how to suss out connections between prospective jurors and Target 1, Judge Corley offered a small hint, saying “the odds that Target 1 is known are going to be slim.”

BBM
DePape has some fantasy about another person he wanted to contact or attack. He wants to subpeona this person to testify about something in court. This person probably has no clue who DePape is.

While these types of delusional, violent criminals are becoming more commonplace in the US, I don't think they're mentally ill. Instead, they're gullible people who allow themselves to become victims of the political propaganda campaigns du jour on social media. They’re also dangerous criminals who know what they’re doing.

Had he chose to, DePape could have stopped reading and following the CT junk and returned to a normal life in which he worked and had friends. It's his own choice to give up his job and get caught up in the crazy political malarkey online.

They make conscious decisions that get themselves in trouble, just like any other criminal.
We shouldn't be calling them mentally ill, treating them as if they need psychological help. They're just people with bad judgment who get caught up in this ridiculous CT and make really poor choices. They're not heroes, martyrs or victims, but they should be tried and punished like any other criminal. JMO

Last edited:
Because inevitably all insane conspiracy theories tie back and point there. Just look at Qanon...which he was connected to via Vanity Fair reporting..it's repackaged blood libel with a sprink of this and that. A mish mash of every conspiracy theory on the planet.

Because inevitably all insane conspiracy theories tie back and point there. Just look at Qanon...which he was connected to via Vanity Fair reporting..it's repackaged blood libel with a sprink of this and that. A mish mash of every conspiracy theory on the planet.

Still doesn't make any sense. He's going to question his own witness as a hostile witness? An expert in antisemitism is the exact opposite person of making his case.

From the above article: Closing arguments are slated for Wednesday and the deliberations are expected to begin later that day.
DePape wasn't out to kidnap Nancy Pelosi or do harm to Paul Pelosi, the defense maintains, but to use them to reach a person the prosecution calls “Target 1.” That person has been identified as Bay Area scholar and University of Michigan professor Gayle Rubin, a leading academic in feminist theory and queer studies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flickerprod
Back